• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All good things come in threes...

176 posts in this topic

Here are three of my favorites from Super Comics. Probably only Honky Cat will appreciate them

You knew I'd love 'em, but I knew there'd be others as well. (thumbs u

You ever get your Popular #1?

I still have mine!

2285578621_423dd90fb2_z.jpg

Planet66.jpg

haven't seen too many book in this thread that i'd turn down, but this one just speaks to me!

It screamed rather loudly at me but then I'm a big fan of purple sci-fi covers involving jet packs, ray guns and BEMs.

MIS55.jpg

Gorgeous airbrush covers! :applause:

Startling52CGC92FC.jpg

Here are three of my favorites from Super Comics.

Probably only Honky Cat will appreciate them.

I like them, too.

I collect all the GA reprint titles.

super3.jpg

Super Comics #3 (July 1938)

super8.jpg

Super Comics #8 (December 1938)

super10.jpg

Super Comics #10 (March 1939)

Planet66.jpg

haven't seen too many book in this thread that i'd turn down, but this one just speaks to me!

It screamed rather loudly at me but then I'm a big fan of purple sci-fi covers involving jet packs, ray guns and BEMs.

MIS55.jpg

I don't remember the last time I saw a copy of MIS 55 that was that nice. Beautiful books, sir! :applause:

I don't remember the last time I saw a copy of MIS 55 that was that nice. Beautiful books, sir! :applause:

i do...never!

I read the story from that issue in the Showcase Presents volume a few nights ago. I can't read the name "Alanna" now without thinking about these boards...

i do...never!

I read the story from that issue in the Showcase Presents volume a few nights ago. I can't read the name "Alanna" now without thinking about these boards...

Alanna has some really nice books also. Adamstrange seems to have every book I've been chasing for many years, only in incredible condition and freshness. I've owned several MIS 55s over the years but have never found one like that. I feel like I need to shake up my collecting interests so that I'm not following in his footsteps.

Either that, or we both have incredibly good taste in comics. lol

And yes, I am the poster formerly known as Diego Grande. :whistle:

Alanna has some really nice books also. Adamstrange seems to have every book I've been chasing for many years, only in incredible condition and freshness. I've owned several MIS 55s over the years but have never found one like that. I feel like I need to shake up my collecting interests so that I'm not following in his footsteps.

There was a Planet 66 on CLink or somewhere last week, but that book looked so different in the lower grade that I passed on it. Mr. Strange's copy has spoiled me :(

There was a Planet 66 on CLink or somewhere last week, but that book looked so different in the lower grade that I passed on it. Mr. Strange's copy has spoiled me :(

mr. strange's books tend to do that. the bastich.

I know there are lots of Popeye fans on the boards.

popeye4c113.jpg

4 Color # 113 (July 1946)

popeye4c127.jpg

4 Color #127 (December 1946)

popeye4c145.jpg

4 Color #145 (February 1947)

popeye4c168.jpg

4 Color 168 (October 1947)

Those copies are sooooo nice BZ!!! :cloud9:

I especially like the 113...and yes, Popeye Rocks!!! :headbang:

i do...never!

Hulk head hurt from recent name changes! :pullhair:

This gets my vote: we both have incredibly good taste in comics

Here are three of my favorites from Super Comics. Probably only Honky Cat will appreciate them

Not yet. I've bid on a few, but am really holding out for at least a VG copy :wishluck:

I still have mine!

2285578621_423dd90fb2_z.jpg

:takeit: