• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All good things come in threes...

176 posts in this topic

Here are three of my favorites from Super Comics. Probably only Honky Cat will appreciate them

You knew I'd love 'em, but I knew there'd be others as well. (thumbs u

You ever get your Popular #1?

Not yet. I've bid on a few, but am really holding out for at least a VG copy :wishluck:

ok, it's hard to keep up with you these days. you've picked up so many key books since you became a yankee!

Cool eyewear. :cool:

captvideo4fc.jpg

5513272049_348842ee9e_z.jpg5513801508_057c21618a.jpg

The Phantom Witch Doctor is a recent addition to the group (thanks Skypink) but these three covers are linked in my mind. Kinstler, Fawcette and Orlando/Wood did the covers and the results are enhanced by the color choices. These are excellant examples of the great comics produced by Avon.

These three comics highlight an aspect of comic covers that I really enjoy, which is the different approaches to lettering. Great lettering makes a cover that much more attractive. "Rocket to the Moon" is a case in point -- I love those sci-fi motion streaks.

Here are three of my favorites from Super Comics. Probably only Honky Cat will appreciate them

You knew I'd love 'em, but I knew there'd be others as well. (thumbs u

You ever get your Popular #1?

Not yet. I've bid on a few, but am really holding out for at least a VG copy :wishluck:

ok, it's hard to keep up with you these days. you've picked up so many key books since you became a yankee!

lol

I've become quite adept at singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic as well