• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Soldier Collection

204 posts in this topic

luckily can buy in person faster than someone can check out on line :headbang:

As in "I'll take them all!"

hm A fair system would be like the NFL draft, where each serious buyer gets a pick and then they move to the second round, third and so on.

i'm not saying that this is how Metro will conduct their consignment sale, but it would be fairer than the piranha system. :grin:

Wonder why they aren't auctioning this collection? Maybe they will realize higher prices during a "feeding frenzy" of buying.

This collection is apparently owner consigned; maybe the owner had prices in mind and didn't want to deal with the unpredictable nature and delays associated with an auction. (shrug)

Wonder why they aren't auctioning this collection? Maybe they will realize higher prices during a "feeding frenzy" of buying.

This collection is apparently owner consigned; maybe the owner had prices in mind and didn't want to deal with the unpredictable nature and delays associated with an auction. (shrug)

That makes sense. Especially if he / she is not in a hurry to get paid for the books.

Can anyone speculate as to what kind of pedigree issues or which runs will be in this collection? I'm hoping there is some high grade Atlas comics I can feast on. :ohnoez:

It says there are some Young Men. I'm assuming they will be superhero issues.

Mike

Can anyone speculate as to what kind of pedigree issues or which runs will be in this collection? I'm hoping there is some high grade Atlas comics I can feast on. :ohnoez:

Mike

I doubt they meant the old timers waving checkbooks and tripping over themselves to reach the Metro booth first. :grin:

Mike

I hope they have a high grade #24 as I will be all over it. :wishluck: Same goes for a Subby #33 and #35.

Mike

I doubt they meant the old timers waving checkbooks and tripping over themselves to reach the Metro booth first. :grin:

Isnt it "Sad Old Men"? No superheroes there! But please may I join?

Mike

Isnt it "Sad Old Men"? No superheroes there! But please may I join?

Oh, definitely, ...right behind me! :grin: (thumbs u

Mike

I hope they have a high grade #24 as I will be all over it. :wishluck: Same goes for a Subby #33 and #35.

I have a feeling that these books won't be cheap. :insane: The price on a high grade YM 24 might make us choke.

The unfortunate thing about this collection is that it isn't new to the market. It sounds like the books were all bought slabbed or have been slabbed for a while. They should all be in the census. YM 24 looks like this:

VF/NM 1

VF+ 0

VF 1

VF- 0

F/VF 2

F+ 1

F 1

Maybe the VF/NM copy will show up. I'd like to see it. :wishluck:

Mike

Mike

I have a feeling that these books won't be cheap. :insane: The price on a high grade YM 24 might make us choke.

The unfortunate thing about this collection is that it isn't new to the market. It sounds like the books were all bought slabbed or have been slabbed for a while. They should all be in the census. YM 24 looks like this:

VF/NM 1

VF+ 0

VF 1

VF- 0

F/VF 2

F+ 1

F 1

Maybe the VF/NM copy will show up. I'd like to see it. :wishluck:

Mike

Yeah its crazy rare in high grade and under valued IMO. I'd be happy with the VF copy but of course would love the top graded one. BTW what is guide at VF and NM-?

Welp, this is going out on our mailing list this afternoon, but wanted to make sure this was posted here as well. Note that we've changed the time of the collection's online unveiling to synchronize with the opening of the show Wed night so that everyone gets to see the books at the same time. Kind of like a field trip to the museum, trunk in tail like baby elephants. Thanks, folks!

Frank

Metro

----------------------------------------------

Metropolis Collectibles is pleased to announce the unveiling of the Super Soldier Collection, happening simultaneously at the San Diego ComicCon at Metropolis' booths, 5516/5517, at 5:30 PM PT; and at www.metropoliscomics.com at 8:30 PM ET. The Super Soldier Collection consists of over 250 CGC graded Golden Age Timely comics, most in mid-to-high grade with many highest and 2nd highest graded copies as well. One of the finest collections of Timely titles ever assembled, this collection boasts many of the major recognized pedigrees, including Timely File Copy, Allentown, Crowley, White Rose, D Copy, Pinnacle Hill Collection, Rockford and Nicolas Cage Collection.

"This is an important and impressive collection, especially being presented all at once," explained Metropolis Sales Executive, Frank Cwiklik. "We expect demand for these books to be intense and immediate, so we've been taking great pains to ensure that the books are made available in a way that both emphasizes their importance and allows buyers at the show and at home to get a fair shot at the books they really want."

In an unusual and truly bicoastal effort, Metropolis will be unveiling the books live on the San Diego ComicCon show floor, and, at the same time, making the books live and viewable on the Metropolis website. "We've arranged for phones to be manned at the office on Wednesday evening, 8:30 PM Eastern Time, in case of any questions," Cwiklik continued, "while Vince and Rob and I will be manning the booth at the show doing onsite sales. It's almost like having two offices running at once, Metropolis East and Metropolis West. It's a lot of work, and it's really unprecedented for us, but a big collection deserves a big rollout."

"To play fair, we're holding the list of books and grades from the public until the big day," added ComicConnect Consignment Director Rob Reynolds. "Mostly, we want to ensure that everyone gets a chance at the books, but the upside is that it adds more excitement and mystery to the collection and makes collecting fun again! We're all very excited to finally get to show off the books, and hope that our clientele is just as eager!"

"It's first come, first served," Cwiklik cautioned, "and these are solid, can't-miss books, so buyers should be either at the booth in San Diego or at their computers at home ready to grab their grails. We'll be monitoring the online sales at the show and coordinating with the home office as we sell books off the wall, so it'll be a high-energy evening for us, but I know it will be well worth it."

Any questions about the collection can be directed to orders@metropoliscomics.com, and the collection itself will be reachable from the front page of the site at www.metropoliscomics.com. Because of the nature of the collection and the scale of the reveal, we regret that time payments will not be available for these books on Wednesday evening's sales session, but books still available after 12 ET on Thursday, July 21st will be eligible for time payment plans.

I feel releasing a list of the books, even if it doesn't inclue prices or grades, would be advantageous for metro and the buyers. Otherwise it will be a mad house. This way buyers can make thier own "wtb" list and ask for specific books rather than trying to figure out what books are included in this 250 book collection while books they may want are being sold. Just my 2c

Either way it will be exciting to see this great collection come to market