• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Vintage Cars

137 posts in this topic

My dream car is a Ferrari 288 gto. I passed a few years ago on the only opp I have ever had to buy one (because I wanted to buy comics instead). Last year I bought a Modena spider to make up for the fact that I'll likely never own "the" Ferrari I want most

My dream car is a Ferrari 288 gto. I passed a few years ago on the only opp I have ever had to buy one (because I wanted to buy comics instead). Last year I bought a Modena spider to make up for the fact that I'll likely never own "the" Ferrari I want most

Ferrari built so many incredible cars in its history. The competition/prototypes that were later purposed for road use are among the most exciting. For the lines intended for production, the 250 GTO and Dino are among my favourites.

Ferrari built so many incredible cars in its history. The competition/prototypes that were later purposed for road use are among the most exciting. For the lines intended for production, the 250 GTO and Dino are among my favourites.

Certainly can't argue with the classics.

As requested, here's some pics of my car in progress. I don't have any recent pics, maybe I can get some this weekend.

Just after I started

72javelin.jpg

Rear Floorpan

DSC01710.jpg

Engine Compartment

DSC01705.jpg

Driver side fender well

DSC01708.jpg

Sweet! Is it a slow progressing project, or are you out working on it quite a bit?

It is a slow progressing project. Hoping to get the majority of body work done this summer and hopefully have it running. The drivetrain is all installed. Now working on the wiring and then the body work. After getting several paint quotes, I may try to paint it myself.

My 2005 Mustang Saleen has just under 9,000 miles on it...should be a collector item one of these days.

Wow. That color is stunning. And 9,000 miles. Nice. The wife picked up her 2007 GT California Special with 18,000 miles on it, and we thought that was low. Your car must still smell new!

270328_10150247642153555_716613554_7231139_8289641_n.jpg

It is a slow progressing project. Hoping to get the majority of body work done this summer and hopefully have it running. The drivetrain is all installed. Now working on the wiring and then the body work. After getting several paint quotes, I may try to paint it myself.

Do all of the prep work yourself and have MAACO paint it.

:eek:

My 2005 Mustang Saleen has just under 9,000 miles on it...should be a collector item one of these days.

Wow. That color is stunning. And 9,000 miles. Nice. The wife picked up her 2007 GT California Special with 18,000 miles on it, and we thought that was low. Your car must still smell new!

270328_10150247642153555_716613554_7231139_8289641_n.jpg

Love the color combo of red/black....looks sharp on a CS.

The only thing that i love more than old comics are old cars. It would be bad if I was wealthy.....I would have a 50 car garage. :)

The host server that was holding my pics went belly up (thanks Village Photos). Anywhoo....here are some pics of my 1983 GT that I had on my phone. 12K miles, t-tops, 4 speed car built in Nov. 1982, so it was an early car built before the 5 speed tranny became standard for 1983. Original tires. Rear louvers were put on my by the dealership, front air dam was not standard on this year...was put on by the original owner back in the day. Tilt wheel, premium sound, air, upgraded lighting. I love the black on white look with these old Fox bodies.

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

The only thing that i love more than old comics are old cars. It would be bad if I was wealthy.....I would have a 50 car garage. :)

The host server that was holding my pics went belly up (thanks Village Photos). Anywhoo....here are some pics of my 1983 GT that I had on my phone. 12K miles, t-tops, 4 speed car built in Nov. 1982, so it was an early car built before the 5 speed tranny became standard for 1983. Original tires. Rear louvers were put on my by the dealership, front air dam was not standard on this year...was put on by the original owner back in the day. Tilt wheel, premium sound, air, upgraded lighting. I love the black on white look with these old Fox bodies.

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

Our pink granite Capitol building. (which is taller than the one in DC)

That may one way to do it. The trick with places like Maaco, is to find the one that has someone that knows what they are doing. I have seen many Maaco cars that look like . While prep is very important, the painter can make a significant difference in quality of the paint job.

I'm shipping my car to Texas for paint, just as soon as I come up with about $650 more :frustrated:

With reduced hours at work I make enough to pay the bills but that's about it. Every time I think I have a few hundred for the savings account I end up spending it :cry:

Yea, but what does weight matter when the car performs better? Not talking exotics, and not really stock.

Weight is half the battle. Power is the other half. Weight problems are magnified with non-ideal weight distribution and other things.

But for everday practicality and affordability we can accept it.

I'm not a fan of today's muscle cars at all, as the look doesn't do anything for me. And for me, the look of a muscle car is of supreme importance. I'd love to own a 59' or '66 Impala.

I picked this up last summer. It needed some minor mechanical adjustments, but numbers match and it's a strong running ride. I've been searching for almost 2 years for a nice '60 Impala rag-top, and this practically fell in my lap.

My wife says she doesn't really like riding in it.. so like, is that supposed to upset me? :grin:

33v2g7m.jpg

2vn57qx.jpg

Beautiful car, one of the best looking bodies :applause:

Thank you, and I humbly agree about the body. It was a nice era when cars had a distinct look and style. Nowadays, most cars look alike and the only difference is the size.. or "class" as they say today. You practically have to see the emblem to tell them apart.