• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

...and now he will lose the books and the money. He states that he has the information for me to recover the books, but doesn't want to provide it, although I have indicated that I wouldn't mind to drive 30 miles to recover the books (after a verification that is)... I've always tried to resolve this case, he never cared in the first place....

You exhibit characteristics of a completely unreasonable person and are likely a buttsniffer.

A sip of this will solve your problem.....or, at second glance, take the whole bottle.... if you fancy it, and it seems you do, you can insert the bottle rectally...

Second time today this thread has made me laugh out loud. That was great!!

^^

I would like to know how said elixir works if the entire bottle is inserted rectally...it would seem that there would need to be some secondary action to remove the elixir from the bottle after it's been inserted.

Unless it comes in suppository form.....

hm

...and now he will lose the books and the money. He states that he has the information for me to recover the books, but doesn't want to provide it, although I have indicated that I wouldn't mind to drive 30 miles to recover the books (after a verification that is)... I've always tried to resolve this case, he never cared in the first place....

You exhibit characteristics of a completely unreasonable person and are likely a buttsniffer.

A sip of this will solve your problem.....or, at second glance, take the whole bottle.... if you fancy it, and it seems you do, you can insert the bottle rectally...

No one talks to the Ginja Dojo like that.

^^

I would like to know how said elixir works if the entire bottle is inserted rectally...it would seem that there would need to be some secondary action to remove the elixir from the bottle after it's been inserted.

hm

Inserting it, is the secondary action.....

This kind of statement may only result in you being added in many eBay sellers blocked bidder's list. Todd obviously sent you the books but you did not receive them yet due to customs and/or postal office issues. When you get them, you should apologize to him and remove the negs.

Certainly, keeping both books and money is the last thing to do if you still want to be considered as an honest buyer....

This kind of statement may only result in you being added in many eBay sellers blocked bidder's list. Todd obviously sent you the books but you did not receive them yet due to customs and/or postal office issues. When you get them, you should apologize to him and remove the negs.

Certainly, keeping both books and money is the last thing to do if you still want to be considered as an honest buyer....

In my opinion the package is lost (unrecoverable), and will not show up. I didn't mean that I would keep the books and the money.... If they do turn up, I will most certainly drop my claim or send the money by PP if it would have already been returned by then.... Seen what happened there is no reason for apologies!!!

I hate to pile on, but it does look like maybe the OP launched the scuds

a couple of days early. I loathe shipping out of the US, but good forumies

here and elsewhere are worth the trouble. Ebay buyers, sorry. $ vs effort

not always conducive to good business.

Todd has always treated me fairly, and I have bought at least 2 thousand

dollars of product off of him over the past 10-12 years. Yes, two or three

problems out of probably 40+ transactions. Mostly, one of his 300ct cases

of drek that got rained on between here and there.

^^

hm

Really...?

REALLY...?

I've been Chiclo'd!

No one talks to the Ginja Dojo like that.

hm ...... I withdraw the insertion part.......I can't stand the mental image of that anyway.....

^^

hm

Really...?

REALLY...?

I've been Chiclo'd!

I have a cure for that too......

lol Dammit, now I think you are funny. It is so much harder to dislike you now. But, I'll soldier on.

Most of the time, people have a bad experience with a seller, chalk it up to a learning experience and then don't leave any feedback, or worse, leave positive feedback (thinking they don't want to be a jerk about $40 or whatever).

While I agree this has been a problem with eBay for a long time, it's never going to be fixed. It's way too late to get that problem fixed.

If the buyer has to send books back to the seller, it was not a good experience. If the buyer feels that the books aren't as advertised, that isn't a good experience.

And this isn't true, well not totally anyway. Everybody makes mistakes, it happens, it's the way the person making the mistake deals with it that defines how good or bad the experience was.

On the flipside, this is Dupcak's MO so it makes him look like a saint to uneducated buyers.

The fact that -- last time I checked -- DD in his current incarnation had perfect fb is the biggest indictment possible of the eBay fb system.

Wrt to eBay removing the ability of sellers to leave neg fb: I never understood why this was seen as a hammer over the buyer's head. As a buyer, why would you care if you got the occasional neg?

I've bought hundreds of books from Todd over the years, his grading is excellent, but like everyone he or his helpers occasionally make mistakes. I received one book from him with a clipped coupon, and one with a missing page (not the centerfold). in both cases I sent him a polite e-mail explaining the problem, and he promptly refunded my money and let me keep the books. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Monty

^^

hm

Really...?

REALLY...?

I've been Chiclo'd!

I have a cure for that too......

No, you really don't.

(thumbs u

As an unrelated side note....

Everyone praises Lange for his consistent undergrading over the last decade, and rightly so, as it greatly benefits the buyer.

HOWEVER...

Consistent UNDERgrading is just as much an inability to grade as consistent OVERgrading. Sure, no one has a problem with it because it benefits them, but if you are consistently grading books as Fines and VFs that have ended up 9.4s, 9.6s, and 9.8s....then you really don't know how to grade, just as certainly as those who overgrade.

...at least insofar as CGC's grading is concerned. ;)

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

It sounds like the package is now in transit, whether returned or not. The Tracking info the seller is looking at probably says "delivered," but he has no additional info yet.

Based on my experience shipping overseas, I can never view any tracking info after the parcel goes through customs.

In any case, you have not received them so filing a claim was/is your best course of action. It's not the sellers fault either, it's just one of those things that happens sometimes.

They may yet turn up, hopefully...

I do hope hope they turn up so I can drop the claim.... I've never blamed him for the fact the shipment didn't arrive, he kept blaming me that I was not picking up the books at the local post office, and that there was nothing more he could do about it. I've checked multiple times; why would I buy and pay for comics and leave them in the Post Office afterward?

he can only go by what the computer tells him is the case. he's not going to fly to germany to check it himself. maybe he's tired of foreign scammers claiming non-receipt, getting a refund and keeping the books? not saying you're one of them (you wouldn't be coming here if you were), but with the volume he does i suspect he's been burned in the past.

In the end I didn't make a problem out of the Express Mail, I rather felt more confident... I think you're wrong about that he can only go by what the computer tells him. It didn't tell him anything after the 1st. of July, and why would I be lying about the books not being at the post-office. What would be my angle... The guy never bothered to solve the problem, and that is what I'm trying to explain here. But the main tendency is: International buyer = bad guy. It is quite simple to exclude them from bidding on your items if you don't want them. Once you don't exclude them, you shouldn't treat them as inferior in terms of service!

Other than checking the tracking info and e-mailing usps (which it sounds like he was doing), what else can he do other than issue you a refund on the spot and hope you're honest if you do get the books later and you'll pay him? If some usps employee is telling him something that might be wrong (and it's about 50/50 that anything coming out of the mouth of a postal employee will be wrong or different than what the emplyee next to them might spout) about where the books are, what can he do? should he be calling the german postal authorities?

He shipped the books express mail with tracking info. Dunno if they were insured (isn't it automatic at $150?). Presumably the address he sent it to is the same as whatever paypal told him.

[cross my fingers] I have never been burned internationally, but at some point there's not much he can do. Yes, he can respond in a nicer way, although I don't know how you approached him.

There's no other outcome.

Philosophically, there may be no other outcome, but in reality, there are other avenues.

Negative feedback can be retracted now. It's not your father's negs.

Negative feedback can be retracted, but it takes both sides to work it out. Zilla has (1) blocked him (2) washed his hands of him and (3) told him to fahr zur holle.

If you mean you get to keep both then you will be a criminal. There may be no real consequences to your criminal actions, but they are what they are. Just because he may have allegedly been brusk or even douchie doesn't mean you get $150 in free stuff.

Everyone praises Lange for his consistent undergrading over the last decade, and rightly so, as it greatly benefits the buyer.

HOWEVER...

Consistent UNDERgrading is just as much an inability to grade as consistent OVERgrading. Sure, no one has a problem with it because it benefits them, but if you are consistently grading books as Fines and VFs that have ended up 9.4s, 9.6s, and 9.8s....then you really don't know how to grade, just as certainly as those who overgrade.

RMA...given that you have contributed about 50 posts to this thread I think this last one was really unneeded and a bit retarded.

HOWEVER...

RMA...given that you have contributed about 50 posts to this thread I think this last one was really unneeded and a bit retarded.

Are you drunk?

It's spot on, dingus.

And what the hell does amount of posts in a thread have to do with anything...?

:screwy:

I sold a lot of Smurfs to a German buyer once through eBay. He got pissy when they took longer to arrive than what he thought they should. I told him I wasn't going to doing anything until three weeks had elapsed. He asked me, "What am I supposed to do, hold my breath?" Even though I knew I shouldn't, I told him, "Well, I guess the Smurfs won't be the only thing that's blue."

I no longer ship to Germany.