• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Overstreet Surprises...

280 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, I'm currently waiting on two collectors to come up with lists/prices for some books I'm buying, and I just wonder how they're going to price their raw NM's??

I've been thinking of selling off an entire long box of 9.2-9.8 Silver/Bronze books, and now I'm also left with the quandry of just how to appraise them. Assigning standard multiples seems logical for 9.4s and beyond, but that will probably be frowned upon by most dealers, who will likely push to pay a percentage of the 9.2 price, with the hopes of making their profit in the volatility of 9.4s and better.

thanks jive and V-man...........

this is an interesting development. if you take the assumed 9.2 pricing of last year as $880 (straightline interpolation between 9.0 and 9.4) , this is a 60% increase. now that seems to me that the OS gang put some thought into this years guide and reflected the fact that FF's are SUPAHOT....... grin.gif

this is an interesting development. if you take the assumed 9.2 pricing of last year as $880 (straightline interpolation between 9.0 and 9.4) , this is a 60% increase. now that seems to me that the OS gang put some thought into this years guide and reflected the fact that FF's are SUPAHOT....... grin.gif

Yea! SUPAHOT! Care to sell me some before they cool off? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

my biggest OPG surprise was just how hard it will now be to use this years 9.2s as an indication of ho much prices increased. First you have to check last years 9.4, and extrapolate the 9.2 an dmake note of what thi syears 9.2 suggests a 9.4 sells for....

sheesh!

I didnt expect to have to do so much work. But maybe it will pay off since it appears many prices went way up!!

when the guide out in the UK?

Always assumed that it would be made available at the same time. Tried to pre-order from a number of regular book shops to no avail - it doesn't appear on their inventory lists. Ended up purchasing through my local comic shop - hope to pick it up this weekend. Failing that, you could try Amazon.

Could someone look up and post the prices for Green Lantern 40?

[ didnt expect to have to do so much work. But maybe it will pay off since it appears many prices went way up!!

/quote]

The real problem seems to be that now sellers will ASSUME (incorrectly), that the value of 9.2 is the RAW price.

I showed the example of FF #53 which guides for $180 in 9.2. Now GPAnalysis shows an average of $228 for 9.2.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't pay $180 for a raw potential 9.2 (that could be overgraded or restored) when I could get for $48 more a CGC book. If I slab the raw 9.2 it's going to cost me $30 anyway, so at best I've saved $18. Way to risky.

The real problem seems to be that now sellers will ASSUME (incorrectly), that the value of 9.2 is the RAW price.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why, does OS say somewhere it's the slabbed price? I think that the reader of the guide would be CORRECT to read that $180 as the guide price for a raw FF 53 in 9.2!

Could someone tell me the prices of the Big Book Of Fun Comics, Detective 3, 4, and 5, and in the promotional section, Supergear and the Superman/Bradman comic please ??????

Didn't find a listing for Supergear. The Superman/Bradman (1988) promotional comic is listed at $4 for 9.2.

Big Book of Fun Comics: $2,250 in 2.0, $4,500 in VG, $6,750 in 6.0, $14,000 in VF 8.0. No listing for anything higher.

Detective:

# 3 $1,666/$3332/$5,000/$11,500/Nothing higher then VF

# 4-5: $950/$1,900/$2,850/$4,750/$6,275/$7,800

I showed the example of FF #53 which guides for $180 in 9.2. Now GPAnalysis shows an average of $228 for 9.2.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't pay $180 for a raw potential 9.2 (that could be overgraded or restored) when I could get for $48 more a CGC book. If I slab the raw 9.2 it's going to cost me $30 anyway, so at best I've saved $18. Way to risky.

Right. And that's why raw books will likely sell at a discount to the "true" 9.2 price: the buyer is assuming a risk, particularly when buying over the Internet from a scan. On the other hand, buyers at cons with exceptionally good eyes for catching overgrading or resto will likely be able to continue to get good deals when buying raw. And dealers with excellent reputations for grading and selling unrestored books will likely continue to be able to command a premium, as the buyer's risk is reduced. thumbsup2.gif

Could someone tell me the prices of the Big Book Of Fun Comics, Detective 3, 4, and 5, and in the promotional section, Supergear and the Superman/Bradman comic please ??????

Didn't find a listing for Supergear. The Superman/Bradman (1988) promotional comic is listed at $4 for 9.2.

Big Book of Fun Comics: $2,250 in 2.0, $4,500 in VG, $6,750 in 6.0, $14,000 in VF 8.0. No listing for anything higher.

Detective:

# 3 $1,666/$3332/$5,000/$11,500/Nothing higher then VF

# 4-5: $950/$1,900/$2,850/$4,750/$6,275/$7,800

The Supergear price is in the promotional section (or at least it was last year). What about Kid Colt Outlaw 30 cent variants?

And yes Ian, the Superman/Bradman price is insanely low.