• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larry's Comics at it again...

509 posts in this topic

I can't believe people continually carry around such base beliefs. Not only his horribly offense twitter posts but his use of the word "gay" and his attitude toward women.

What a complete person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. :censored:

I don't believe in karma but I hope there are apt repercussions for his statements.

...don't post the word gay,....the mods will remove the thread,... :gossip:

lol

I forgot about that thread.

People make fun of all sorts of every minute of every day. Does it make it right? no. Can he say whatever he wants? yes.

By extension we can say whatever we want about whatever he wants to say.

The mere ability to speak or the right to utter a phrase does not remove the utterance from critical review. It is quite the contrary really, he's put the white hot spot directly on himself and his enlightened thinkafication muscles.

I didn't know who this Larry guy is but I'm glad I found out who to add to the Do Not Buy list.

What an azzhat to not only think like that but to actually post it on a social network for the world to see.

Larry soon deleted the tweets as negative opinion began to flow in. But he still didn’t seem to think he’d done anything wrong.

If you truly believe you've done "nothing wrong," you don't delete the posts.

Being that I know Larry I don't even know what to say.

Not much you can say....

Larry should have gone the route of "My twitter account said what?!?! I've been HACKED!!"

no, he shouldn't have. let the racist be exposed. hopefully it hurts his business at least somewhat.

Being that I know Larry I don't even know what to say.

Not much you can say....

Larry should have gone the route of "My twitter account said what?!?! I've been HACKED!!"

no, he shouldn't have. let the racist be exposed. hopefully it hurts his business at least somewhat.

I agree, but most of the time those harboring this kind of malevolence for their fellow man over something as superficial as skin color are also aware enough of how it can harm their business to hide it.

I am always glad to see people who think this way exercise their right to free speech, it's always a learning experience.

I have admittedly told racial jokes to ethnic peers, people I know very well and am comfortable with. For example, when a Mexican trooper who was in my unit was clearing (to get out of the army), I asked, "So what are your plans when you get out? Do a little landscaping? Work in a hotel somewhere?" But these are jabs between good friends and needless to say he's had plenty of his own toward me, all in good fun.

Point being I fully understand the value of NOT being politically correct all of the time. If you can laugh at stereotypes it takes away their power.

With that being said... there is a time and a place for it. If I were to say something similar to someone I don't know I would fully expect him to punch me in the face.

Larry should have given a statement clarifying that he's not a racist and that his judgment in this case was very poor, followed by a lengthy, heart felt apology. The fact that he's standing by his comments and refuses to at least apologize is mind boggling.

The man certainly made an azz out of himself, but I need to ask- do any of you follow your local comic dealers tweets?

fwiw, most of the local retailers who do have twitter accounts are on this list:

https://twitter.com/#!/AshcanPress/comic-retailers

If you see someone missing let him know, he's actively trying to keep it updated.

hm, I wonder if there's a twitter list of people who buy/sell/collect vintage comics anywhere... hm