• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trigger for receiving heritage catalogs?

37 posts in this topic

Pretty sure if you win something, they'll send it.

Maybe if you put in some heavy (non-winning bids) you might get something as well. I know I got a few back in the day (when I used to bid). I never won anything, but I did get a few catalogs.

Not sure if the policy has changed.

Doesn't hurt to register and try. Bid on something you know you won't win, but you can put a good bid on (Frazetta painting or Tec 31, something like that where you can put a 10K bid on it and be "safe").

I'm just like Chrom except I don't bid on the art.

I've gotten all of them for years.

Most of the time, they showed up about the time the auctions ended but I've been winning more on their Sunday auctions and I got the current auction catalog over a week ago.

Let me guess, would you be bidding on all those Savannah romance books ?!?

This is the first year I've bid on anything from their site. I've never won anything, but they sent me a catalog anyway. Very impressive book, I must say. It's worth keeping on it's own. Lots of pretty pictures in full color.

I did try to aggressive bid on that Detective 395 during the LIVE bidding session back in May. If it wasn't for the internet lag, I might have won that auction. Maybe they took that as a sign that I was a serious bidder?

I got them regularly in 2003/2004 or around then. I would put serious bids on stuff during that time, but I never actually won anything.

What annoys me is that I put in serious bids on coins all the time.

4 and 5 figures.

I have no intention of winning, because these are 5 and 6 figure coins, and if I ever won, I'd have to call a few people. ;)

But still...pretty good money bids. Maybe it's a "percentage of winning bid" metrix.

I got them regularly in 2003/2004 or around then. I would put serious bids on stuff during that time, but I never actually won anything.

What annoys me is that I put in serious bids on coins all the time.

4 and 5 figures.

I have no intention of winning, because these are 5 and 6 figure coins, and if I ever won, I'd have to call a few people. ;)

But still...pretty good money bids. Maybe it's a "percentage of winning bid" metrix.

Could be.

Now that I think about it, I may have rec'd catalogs based on winners from Chrome.

I would get sent a catalogue via USPS for years, then when I won my Marvel #1, 18 months ago, they started sending them via courier :acclaim:

Now they even send me catalogues of dinosaur bones they are auctioning off.

Jim

Same here, getting them by courier now....which is nice :cloud9:

Never bought anything in the region of a Marvel #1 though... hm

Doesn't hurt to register and try. Bid on something you know you won't win, but you can put a good bid on (Frazetta painting or Tec 31, something like that where you can put a 10K bid on it and be "safe").

lol

I put in a bid of $25K on that Captain America #1 CGC 4.5 during the first hour or so when it was up and immediately outbid lol but also a little :cry:

I'm just like Chrom except I don't bid on the art.

I've gotten all of them for years.

Most of the time, they showed up about the time the auctions ended but I've been winning more on their Sunday auctions and I got the current auction catalog over a week ago.

Much like Greggy, same experience. I've bought from Heritage waaay back and ever since they have sent catalogs through registered mail even if i don't get to buy anything for over a year. I have to go to the local post office and fill out a form to get the catalog which usually arrives a week after the auction ends. Fast forward last signature auction, I suddenly received the catalog via FEDEX and won one auction. I send an email to them that since they sent me their catalogs before the auction, I was able to plan and bid/won a lot. Now I received the new catalog a week ago from FEDEX as well. and yes they send it all the way to the Philippines :hi:

I used to get it.

Then I stopped getting it.

But then I got it a little bit.

And then I got it only on weekends.

At one point I had to go the doctor so I didn't get it for a long time.

Then I got it a LOT.

Now I get it semi-regularly.

I used to get it.

Then I got it a LOT.

You talking about diarrhea arn't you?

I used to get it.

Then I got it a LOT.

You talking about diarrhea arn't you?

:gossip: I think he means gonorrhea.

I would get sent a catalogue via USPS for years, then when I won my Marvel #1, 18 months ago, they started sending them via courier :acclaim:

Now they even send me catalogues of dinosaur bones they are auctioning off.

Jim

I'm sure I can find some dried up poop for you to buy if your interested? :whistle:

I won some lots on the Greg Manning auctions, so when Heritage took over I started

getting their catalogs. In the past I have won a few 4 figure books but now most of what I

win is fairly cheap items on their weekly auctions. I do bid on some items in their

main auctions and on very rare occasions have won an item or two. As far as I know,

I have every one of their comic auction catalogs (two piles which are close to two

feet tall).

I think you get brownie points if you win items or if you are the second highest bidder

and I have been number two at times.

Keep bidding, win some items on any of their comic auctions, and let them know

you like and want the catalogs. That should do it.

(Heritage, if you read this, please keep sending them even if I do not win anything

really expensive.)

I used to get all of the catalogs in 2007-09 when I was actively bidding on, and winning, their auctions.

I haven't won a Heritage auction since the end of '09, which is about the same time the catalogs stopped arriving.

I do get the crappy little direct mail flyers, though. :whee: