• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August 2011 ComicConnect Auction- Post your wins!!!

48 posts in this topic

Some nice books. And of course, the gems in the Atlantic City collection are poised for fireworks next week in the final bidding.

And then there is this little gem, one of the most ironic auction listings I've seen in quite some time:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=420614&title=SUSPENSE%20COMICS%201943-46

Yes, the auction heading is for a coverless copy of Suspense Comics #3, yet the auction description goes on forever talkling about all of the details of the classic cover, except for the last line.

Well, it's been CGC slabbed and the bidding is only at $4.

Some nice books. And of course, the gems in the Atlantic City collection are poised for fireworks next week in the final bidding.

And then there is this little gem, one of the most ironic auction listings I've seen in quite some time:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=420614&title=SUSPENSE%20COMICS%201943-46

Well there may be someone in need of a brittle centerfold to go with their otherwise complete, but brittle, copy (shrug)

I haven't taken anything down yet, but I know others have won some cool books. I thought it might be cool to have a thread with all the GA wins.

I am high bidder on the one book I really want. Wish me luck :wishluck:

Gladly. Seems like most of the big books have already gone by but there are some nice ECs coming up to be sure. A buddy of mine won the HOF 7 GFC for a very reasonable price.

I haven't taken anything down yet, but I know others have won some cool books. I thought it might be cool to have a thread with all the GA wins.

:wishluck:

No wins for me, but I'm shocked that the Sensation #1 5.5 sold for $10,700. That was the one that was a 5.0 before being pressed, and has a water mark on the front cover. It does look sweet now that it's been pressed, but at the time, Metro offered to sell the (then raw pressed) copy for $7,800. I bought the CGC 6.0 instead for $8,400 (on July 8th ~ though I still haven't received it yet). Based on this CC sale, I think mine was a good buy :)

I also wish I would have bid on the Nickel Comics #1 8.0 It sold for thousands less than guide, was an Atlantic City copy, and second highest graded. Someone got a nice pick-up in my opinion.

What a fun auction! I can't wait to see more of the winners...!

Under bidder :( It was the Pep #3

Book I have wanted for some time

Under bidder :( It was the Pep #3

Book I have wanted for some time

Sorry to hear it. What did it go for?