• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

Besides, it doesn't take several hours to chase a shill. You just ban them when they show their faces. It takes a lot longer to review the new registrations than it does to ban them once they show their true colors.

It took weeks for TFL and his 'proven beyond doubt' shill to be banned.

Well, I wasn't talking about proving that a shill is the same as another user - I was talking about proving that a new user is an a-hole that threatens to put a bullet in your head.

That's a pretty easy call to make there.

If I am at all suspicious of an application, I call the person. Having mandatory info such as this on an application will weed out most all of these shills.

Besides, it doesn't take several hours to chase a shill. You just ban them when they show their faces. It takes a lot longer to review the new registrations than it does to ban them once they show their true colors.

Well, I wasn't talking about proving that a shill is the same as another user - I was talking about proving that a new user is an a-hole that threatens to put a bullet in your head.

I thought you did.

Either way, whichever. They should all be banned straight off.

I thought you did.

You thought I did what? I guess I'm not understanding your point.

But I agree, they should be banned when discovered. There's no room for that kind of here.

I thought you did.

You thought I did what? I guess I'm not understanding your point.

But I agree, they should be banned when discovered. There's no room for that kind of here.

Sorry Booz, just not getting what you're after. Not looking to argue, just not sure what we're even talking about lol

And yes, I saw your highlights, just don't get what you're saying.

I'm not arguing mate, obviously just crossed wires. (thumbs u

Sorry Booz, just not getting what you're after. Not looking to argue, just not sure what we're even talking about lol

And yes, I saw your highlights, just don't get what you're saying.

I'm not arguing mate, obviously just crossed wires. (thumbs u

It's all good. The perp just got hung so no harm done. I think.

:ohnoez:

I am guessing it's Harold Fuller.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=19806

This is really getting out of hand, and is quite annoying.

Well, whoever he was, he's banned now. :rulez:

Maybe the moderators can discuss ways of pre-screening applications before allowing people to register. I don't mind someone threatening to beat me up but, getting shot in the head is a different story. I started this thread because this situation is getting out of hand.

I am guessing it's Harold Fuller.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=19806

This is really getting out of hand, and is quite annoying.

Well, whoever he was, he's banned now. :rulez:

This is good news, but I'd also recommend filing a police report.

can't the mods trace back the Ip address?

Sometimes.

However, it is very, very easy to spoof IPs, use anonymizers and otherwise fool/thwart IP trackers. If someone wants to get past the system, it's very easy to do.

I thought you had to use your ISP e-mail address. How many could onepossibly make? Even if they used proxies, shouldn't the ISP address give them away? Is there any way to contact the ISP over this? I say contact the police. It's a death threat. Even if it's just some insufficiently_thoughtful_person trolling, see if you can't get an officer to knock on his door. If he were downloading a movie they would be able to find out who he is pretty easily.