• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales 110 way undervalued

41 posts in this topic

Finally decided to purchase a First Appearance of Dr Strange CGC as the grade was mid grade and the price was right. Feel that this will be a strong and in demand issues before too long. What are your thoughts on this?

This book has been "undervalued" for the last 20 years. I remember reading about it as a sleeper in the early 1990's. It's always been the book that is going to have a massive increase in price soon, but it never seems to happen. It has a steady demand, but nothing to get too excited about. I'd be wary of mid-grade copies of just about anything unless you get a great deal going in.

That being said, if there is a Dr. Strange solo movie or major role in an upcoming movie, this book may finally get a pop.

Good luck and welcome to the boards!

Unfortunately, Doc Strange is and will continue to be a tier 2/3 character. Until he's able to raise his status and gain pop culture momentum, he's doomed to maintain his lack of notoriety and hence low desirability.

When's the last time you bought a book JUST because Doc Strange was in it? Heck, does he even have his own comic right now?

Unfortunately, Doc Strange is and will continue to be a tier 2/3 character. Until he's able to raise his status and gain pop culture momentum, he's doomed to maintain his lack of notoriety and hence low desirability.

When's the last time you bought a book JUST because Doc Strange was in it? Heck, does he even have his own comic right now?

same thing was said for iron man, then BAM!

Finally decided to purchase a First Appearance of Dr Strange CGC as the grade was mid grade and the price was right. Feel that this will be a strong and in demand issues before too long. What are your thoughts on this?

Guess you grabbed the 6.5 off ebay last night, I fell asleep, I wanted that and the 115 8.0 they had. Nice pick up though (thumbs u

Guess you grabbed the 6.5 off ebay last night, I fell asleep, I wanted that and the 115 8.0 they had. Nice pick up though (thumbs u

What'd they go for?? :baiting:

:gossip: WTTB...

Dr. Strange is one of the most interesting of the 60's "Marvel Super-Heroes".

yeah, he's under-rated, and under-valued. He's also Ditko's only other major contribution to the Silver Age.

Ditko not unlike Kirby defined the early 60's Marvels.

This title is under-valued. I think the Ditko Dr. Strange stories after ST 110 were much better than the featured "Human Torch" stories. I'm sure i am not alone in that opinion...

Dr. Strange could be an awesome movie if done right, and then I think you would see a little correction in both appreciation and value. hm

I'm not sure anything is really undervalued anymore. If anything is, ST110 would certainly be a candidate....although it suffers from having, arguably, the WORST cover of all time (next to Bouncer # 1, of course) and doesn't feature the honorable Doctor on it. I still want one. If the Del Toro movie ever sees reality, the 110 AND 115 could see a healthy spike. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

same thing was said for iron man, then BAM!

Not really. Iron Man has had a comic around monthly since 1963 without a gap, Doc Strange has not. He had a little momentum in the 70s but always relegated to a secondary hero since.

I don't think any comic is undervalued.

Something like collecting is a buyers market and if people don't buy it the dealers cannot put the price up.

If only it had the Doc on the cover...

I don't think any comic is undervalued.

Something like collecting is a buyers market and if people don't buy it the dealers cannot put the price up.

If only it had the Doc on the cover...

This book would definitely be worth more if it did. I personally think Doctor Strange 169 is the top 5 silver age covers of all time.

Never really noticed but Dr Strange really didn't get much respect in the Strange Tales run. The character didn't get a full cover until Strange Tales #146 & even worse, he didn't even have his name in the title until Strange Tales #150. From #135-149 it was just Strange Tales with Nick Fury Agent of Shield.

What'd they go for?? :baiting:

:gossip: WTTB...

the 110 went for 825 @ 6.5 about 75 over gpa and the 115 8.0 went for like 315 almost 100 under gpa.

movie is in the works. buy now

Ahhh...that makes sense. I've noticed an big uptick in the amount of "WTB: ST 110" threads.

I was wondering if there must be a movie.

I thought maybe some folks had been taking the latest Overstreet market reports as gospel; somebody, I forget who, (DTA? lol ) projected a huge upswing in Strange Tales and other slow moving titles sales.