• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2012, July 12-15, San Diego, CA

509 posts in this topic

Hey gang, just a formal invitation to drop by booth #701 (Corner booth at the front of the 700 aisle) to visit us if you are in San Diego for Comic Con.

As many of you know, our inventory is not very extensive (Louise only gives me a small corner of the house to operate out of :D ) but our niche is similar to that of when I was a collector: high quality and high grade material and tough to find books.

This year, we have an all new inventory that includes about 120 CGC graded books and about 150 ungraded books that cover the GA, SA and BA including keys and classic covers. Almost all the ungraded books are CGC worthy and are just books that I have not gotten around to grading.

Keep an eye out for Lou and I standing under the red banner!

Anyhow, looking forward to the show!

FinalLogoRWBYA1.png

Do any dealers have old issues of CBM they can bring with them? PM me if you do. Looking for a bunch as I just finished reading about 25 of them and need to restock on more.

Looks like I'll be making it this year at the last minute. :grin:

Just got the flight tickets, now I just have to find a place to stay. :P

Look forward to saying hi, and meeting some new faces.

I'll be there Thursday and Friday.

Scott

What time does Preview night start? I have never been to that but will be coming down this year to check in early and check out the Golden Age!

6:00 pm til 9:00 pm

but people start lining up way before that, just to let you know

What time does Preview night start? I have never been to that but will be coming down this year to check in early and check out the Golden Age!

Thanks; I won't be waiting in line. Happy to walk in 15 minutes after it opens.

I'll be wearing a Batman costume so feel free to come up and slap my rear if you see me...

I thought that was you last night.

doh!

Do exclusives go on sale preview night, or Thursday ?

preview night, generally. some booths do a limit per day. last year there was a ban on dealers buying exclusives on preview night. I don't know if that will happen this year.

Also noticed that there are more 'sdcc exclusives' available than what is listed on the SDCC web site. For example, none of the IDW SDCC exclusives are listed.

VH1 has this for the 1st time event at SDCC. Free stuff as well. Free for all badge holders!!!

VH1 Classic will present the first-ever official Comic-Con Opening Night Attendee Welcome Party, “Dawn of the Con,” on Thursday, July 12, 5:30 – 11PM PT. VH1 Classic will take over San Diego’s Petco Park to ring in Comic-Con in true rocker fashion. The night’s festivities will be hosted by hard-rock icon and celebrated filmmaker Rob Zombie, and live music will be spun by DJ Will from VH1 Classic’s That Metal Show.

“Dawn of the Con” promises to be a night full of fantasy, science fiction, monsters and heavy metal. The night will be jam-packed with activities including: a digital photo area where you can pose next to the drag racer from Rob Zombie’s video “Dragula,” hourly limited-edition giveaways of one-of-a-kind illustrated collectible posters, and a T-shirt bar where attendees can choose from different limited-edition custom shirt designs and have them pressed on the spot. Additionally, partygoers will get numerous sneak peeks from Zombie, including a preview of his new music project, to be released August 7th featuring unique remixes of Rob Zombie’s classic hits by today’s top DJ talent.

Thanks; I won't be waiting in line. Happy to walk in 15 minutes after it opens.

Exactly. I do the same thing every year, including Thurs-Sun just arriving 15-30 minutes after the doors open. And to think some stand in line for hours just to get in a few minutes earlier. I seriously think some people enjoy lines though, as if it is part of the con experience. One good thing about lines is that there is no better place on earth to geek out and get into the smallest collecting details while waiting. I'll pass though, walking in on the heels of everyone who has waited for hours is just fine by me!

We should have all the exclusive comics available at our 1206 booth Wednesday night (thumbs u

We should have all the exclusive comics available at our 1206 booth Wednesday night (thumbs u

Cool, I can pay you for my variants.

:applause:

Yep... Anyone at sdcc come to 1206 to pay/pick up

The Twilight freaks are already trying to line up for the panel Thursday morning in Hall H. Comic-Con just sent out a tweet saying no one can line-up yet because they haven't finished setting up the queue.

Even the DC blanks?

Unfortunately my buddy Monstermonkey79 is unable to attend the SDCC so hopefully one of you fellow collectors out there is willing to help out a Locke & Key / Joe Hill fan from The Netherlands.

I would really like to obtain a copy of the SDCC exclusive edition of Clockworks hardcover (obviously it would be absolutely fantastic if it's signed Joe & Gabe). Please send me a PM if you can help & thanks !