• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2012, July 12-15, San Diego, CA

509 posts in this topic

See everybody tomorrow at Comic-Con!. It'll be fun until I burn out on Saturday and just attend panels or whatever they got going in Hall H. Not a Vamppire fan. That ended with Bram Stoker's novel and the Bela Lugosi version. But they got tons of other stuff and comics and people too. Comic collectors are the best!

SLR

Happy hunting for a new grail Steve,hope to see you there. (thumbs u

WE R READY TO GO!!!!!!!! DALE ROBERTS ROCKS for TIX!!!!! Can't say anything but WOW. Dropping stuff off at CLINK tonight to sell and meet Roy and some others inside for the 1st time. I hope my TIX work and the line doesn't kill us!!!!! Get there at 3 or 4pm, wait for TIX, eat Dinner, and cram in at 6pm w/ luck. :)

I'm wearing a blue Captain America shirt w/ shield. You won't miss me if you are there. Perhaps my THOR hat as well. Not sure yet. If you see me throw out a shot.

It was really crazy, at first was gonna pick up some exclusives. But the hardcores beat me to it. Paid a dept i owed to DWC, and arrainged for some sig opps as well. Tomorrow will be crazy, happy hunting every one.

Also does any one know of a dealer selling super heroe bottle openers? As i pulled rookie mistake #1 And forgot one. :tonofbricks:

Had a good day at the show yesterday with Busted Flush. We took the Amtrak down from LA which is a great way to relax and enjoy the trip while talking comics. The walk over from Santa Fe station is short enough or you could take the trolley.

We spent the entire day in the Silver and Gold Age area with the exception of a trip upstairs for lunch and an hour break and an ill fated attempt by me to get into the Walking Dead comics panel. Boardies were all over and we ran into SteveRams first thing and looked over some cool books he had just bought.

We stopped and had a nice chat with Gator at his booth. Thanks for the Worlds Finest assessment; to your point on rarity I saw three number 10's for sale on the floor.

I consulted with Matt Nelson with respect to a Weird issue I bought some time ago and turned in a Van Buren All Flash for (hopefully) some color touch removal before CGC grading.

We then ran into David Merryweather and RIP who were good fun to hang out and talk comics. RIP had some good stories about his basement find up in Northern California as well as a beautiful Human Torch from that collection. Vintage Comics was kind enough to open up his Marvel Mystery 3 and show off this amazing book to Busted Flush and me. That was quite a site.

Filter81(?) had a sweet run of early Actions; the best at the show. He also had picked up a collection of pedigrees to sell, there were a few nice books in there.

Overall, inventory of good material still seems to be shrinking and prices remain quite high. Most dealers I asked said they were having a good show.

I go back with the family on Saturday but the focus won't be on comics.

Great report. I flew back to dc on the red eye last night as we've got kids activities this weekend.

This was my first Comicon in 3 years, not being able to get tickets last year, and the year before I got tickets but then couldn't go due to a conflict with kids stuff. Preview night was incredibly crowded on the exhibition floor, but Thursday and Friday were not bad as people were drawn to the panels. I walked right in at 930 when it opened; I still can't believe all those years I waited for hours in line before opening, and then finally read somewhere that you can walk right in when they open. I did wait in line on preview night just because I was excited and wanted to be around all the energy.

I'm a mostly mid grade collector and the con was good until yesterday afternoon, when it became great. There's one dealer (around row 200 or 300 I think; he's by the steam punk people selling wood mustaches) with very deep runs of dc and marvel silver at 50% off reasonable base prices, with most about fn and more than a few vf. I'd already spent my budget by then, but I couldn't pass this up (I guess that's why god created credit cards; hope the wife doesn't read this).

As a sideline, I was on a quest for high grade detective 371 and justice league 75, because I've always liked the covers. Happy to say I found both. It was a great con all around.

Collectors Insurance had bottle openers I believe.

Cool thanks for the heads up, did your store win the award. It was nice to see your store have a full page ad in the program, and when are we gonna get your shop in a booth in the exhibitor hall?

On a side note keep up the great work, and love your auctions.

Collectors Insurance had bottle openers I believe.

Cool thanks for the heads up, did your store win the award. It was nice to see your store have a full page ad in the program, and when are we gonna get your shop in a booth in the exhibitor hall?

On a side note keep up the great work, and love your auctions.

Hey, thanks, F&S. We weren't one of the Eisner Spirit of Retailing nominees. A couple of very fine stores in Canada and Spain won this year. As far as booths go... that's something I'm thinking about. You might see us set up next year or the year after. But if we do, it'll probably be more of a "hey, here we are, stop by and say hi" booth than one where we'd set up with a lot of inventory.