• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics You personally can't Understand Cost So Much

682 posts in this topic

Pep 22. Not hating on it, but I just can't believe the prices it commands.

Archie is such an iconic character, one of the first in the industry and one of the few non-super hero characters who is STILL going strong today. I equate it to Marvel Comics #1, seeing as it came out around the same time and I'm pretty sure they command about the same prices. I agree, CRAZY prices, but I understand why :cloud9:

It is a major first appearance, and it's super rare. (shrug)

$200...for a low grade bronze book that isn't the first appearance of Wolverine. Why?

$200...for a low grade bronze book that isn't the first appearance of Wolverine. Why?

Archie sucks.

About Green Lantern #76:

Agreed. Bad cover and all, but it's not like it's a first appearance of a major character or anything.

At one time, it was rare in very high grade, and I understand the premiums at that level (kinda). But why did this trickle down to low grades?

I just bought a 3.0-ish for $80 because I want to read the darn thing, and I still think I overpaid.

Archie sucks.

:o

You can go ahead and send me your Archie Meets The Punisher #1 if you feel that way. I'll be very glad to take it off your hands. :baiting:

Archie sucks.

You're a Jughead kind of guy?

:whistle:

Archie sucks.

You can go ahead and send me your Archie Meets The Punisher #1 if you feel that way. I'll be very glad to take it off your hands. :baiting:

I just bought one for a dollar? (thumbs u

Archie sucks.

+1! :baiting:

I gotta go with WWBN 32. I know he's got some fans around here but Moon Knight is the definition of a 2nd tier(at BEST!) character. 500 beans for a 9.2?!? I dont get it (shrug)

Rarest of all the big keys by far.

Archie is still as hot today as he was 50 years ago. Kids read the stuff like it's going out of style.

Archie sucks.

I just bought one for a dollar? (thumbs u

You got a good deal :baiting:

Was it a CGC SS 9.6 copy? :insane:

Archie sucks.

+1! :baiting:

I gotta go with WWBN 32. I know he's got some fans around here but Moon Knight is the definition of a 2nd tier(at BEST!) character. 500 beans for a 9.2?!? I dont get it (shrug)

That's another one. You can almost get a 9.2 DD1 for $500. lol

Archie is still as hot today as he was 50 years ago. Kids read the stuff like it's going out of style.

And he still sells like hot cakes! My store has been open a week and I'm already looking to restock.

Archie sucks.

Me wanting to get a Stan Goldberg SS doesn't make Archie suck any less. I respect the tenure and popularity of the character, but it has basically been the same stories since 1940. And Arch got just as little punani in this decade as he did in the 40's. zzz

I'd read it if COI started writing it. Instead of Archie's First Dates and Archie's TV Laugh-Out it would be Archie's Russian Menage, Archie's Girls With Daddy Issues, and Jughead, Archie's Grenade-Handling Wingman.

Tales to Astonish #27.

First appearance of Ant-Man for $500 in "Good" condition? Get out of here.

No one likes Ant-Man, and if you say you do, you're lying.

That's where you're wrong, I LOVE this book, and Ant-Man came before 98% of mainstream Marvel super-heroes so he's a veteran. This is a personal grail of mine.

And no, I'm not lying. ;)

How about AA 16? I never see that book anywhere.