• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics You personally can't Understand Cost So Much

682 posts in this topic

I'm surprised no one has said this. If they have my apologies.

House of Secrets 92

Is Swamp Thing even published anymore?

He has just been brought back into DC continuity. HOS 92 is a cool book. The HG value is because it used to be considered hard to find in HG. Ebay fixed that, CGC really fixed that!

Daredevil 7? I was going to say ANY Daredevil book! :baiting:

lol

You collect ALL Avengers!! :baiting: Go ahead, tell me how great those Griffin stories are :baiting:

No argument there. As much as i LOVE the Avengers, theres definitely some stinkers in there :blush:

lol

You collect ALL Avengers!! :baiting: Go ahead, tell me how great those Griffin stories are :baiting:

No argument there. As much as i LOVE the Avengers, theres definitely some stinkers in there :blush:

The 1980's Masters of Evil with the Wrecking Crew and Mr.Hyde were AWESOME!!

lol

Those are SWEET!

Those issues in the 120's with Mantis and her "Madonna" storyline are just HORRIFIC to me though! I'd rather have someone jam pencils into my eyeballs than read those :sick:

lol

Those are SWEET!

Those issues in the 120's with Mantis and her "Madonna" storyline are just HORRIFIC to me though! I'd rather have someone jam pencils into my eyeballs than read those :sick:

I have the essentials. ALOT of Avengers stories have that effect. But alot are awesome as well!

Hyped up moderns. For example, Vengeance of Bane sells for around 40 dollars in eBay "NM/M". (shrug) I could have bought that in a dollar bin a few years ago. The only reason I want a nice copy is becuase it is the first apperance of Bane of the great Batman villains. :headbang: I'll wait till the hype cools down.

Hyped up moderns. For example, Vengeance of Bane sells for around 40 dollars in eBay "NM/M". (shrug) I could have bought that in a dollar bin a few years ago. The only reason I want a nice copy is becuase it is the first apperance of Bane of the great Batman villains. :headbang: I'll wait till the hype cools down.

Its bound to, $200+ for a 9.8 copy I've seen people trying to sell.

I paid a couple of bucks about 10 years ago for mine, sold it recently for about $50/60.

TMNT #1. I would love to have that book, but the price is ridiculous. Someone please explain why? (shrug)

See bold above. Now multiply that by all the kids that were born in 1980 who read comics and watched TV.

Very low print run, and size made it difficult to store properly.

Also, TMNT was everywhere in the 80's and into the early 90's - Three high grossing movies, action figures, PJ's, games, puzzles, long-running cartoon on TV, etc.

Not to mention the kick-off for the B&W boom of the 1980's...

Detective #64. Great cover. Cool Joker story. WAY overpriced due to the Boy Commandos 1st appearance (which no one cares about anymore).

5f357c3e-7c1a-4b6a-ae34-3fd0fad97d9b.jpg

Same goes with many GA comics that Baby Boomers loved but no one else does anymore. Prices got propped up so high during the 70s/80s but demand has died off.

TMNT #1. I would love to have that book, but the price is ridiculous. Someone please explain why? (shrug)

See bold above. Now multiply that by all the kids that were born in 1980 who read comics and watched TV.

Very low print run, and size made it difficult to store properly.

Also, TMNT was everywhere in the 80's and into the early 90's - Three high grossing movies, action figures, PJ's, games, puzzles, long-running cartoon on TV, etc.

Not to mention the kick-off for the B&W boom of the 1980's...

On this note, I'd say Gobbledygook #1 fits the thread theme.

Star Wars #1 (35 cent variant). Star Was #1 without the 35 cent variant is dirt cheap, but that 35 cent price really bumps that book. Why? Because the price on it is different? It's the same damn book either way.