• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LONDON Super Comic Convention Feb 25-26 2012

725 posts in this topic

Quite frankly, with all the other quality dealers announced, who needs Incognito and Silver acre with their overpriced inventories and arrogant attitudes? Screw em! rantrant

WOW, that's a bit of a statement. I have never dealt with Silver Acre, but I have bought a number of comics (botht CGC and raw), from Dave at Incognito and have always found him courteous and helpful. The prices have not been too bad either.

Sounds lke you have had some 'previous'. :slapfight:

To be fair, I have had good and bad experiences with both. I find that they both suffer from big fish in small pond syndrome. For UK dealers they have decent depth to their stock but IMHO they tend to overprice (and in Silver Acres case, over grade).

At Kapow last year, I was able to buy mid grade, mid run non keys from other dealers at a big saving on what Incognito were asking.

Silver Acre regularly has some shockers on ebay. Darryl seems to base his pricing on the Chuck R model sometimes. :ohnoez:

As I say, this is based solely on my experiences. I also acknowledge that any seller is entitled to price their wares as they see fit. Equally, I am entitled to spend my money elsewhere if I feel I am getting a better deal and service. 2c

In my experience, both have some pretty strong prices but I at least find Dave from Incognito to be likable compared to Darryl's arrogance and poor customer service.

Couldn't agree more, As I am sure you already know Gary (thumbs u

TBH I want as many dealers there as possible. I want to be able to rock up and buy any book I can think off, within reason, and have a choice of which dealers to give my money too. :cool: One gripe I always have with UK cons and Marts is it's the same limited dealers there time and again and not many of them.

UPDATE:

All Signatures from Artists and Writers will be FREE!!

Win a piece of Original Art by Chaykin, Perez and others!!

A weekly draw will be held for those who have bought tickets.

Details at the website

:banana::banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana:

Any news on CGC attending?

I've dealt with Incognito and find Dave a nice guy to talk to and deal with. Silveracre on the other hand, overgraded & over priced. Darryl is a twit and I'll likely slap him with his own books, wouldn't trust that guy as far as I could throw him.

Anyway, who needs those overpriced junk there when we have quality like Comicana & Highgrade coming, thats what I'm looking forward to, meeting Bob Storms and casting a glance over his awesome books.

Used to use Incognito in Canterbury and was gutted when shut

I went in there about 10 years ago and asked if they had any Jungle Action....the guy behind the counter said, "man we would be glad to have any kind of action in here" :roflmao:

Used to use Incognito in Canterbury and was gutted when shut

I went in there about 10 years ago and asked if they had any Jungle Action....the guy behind the counter said, "man we would be glad to have any kind of action in here" :roflmao:

LMAO

I also just booked my flight. Already reserved a room in Kensington and renewed my passport. The US Passport office must not have any business, since the passport was renewed in two weeks. I have already lost count of how many times that I have been in the UK.

Will make a short trip to Hay-on-Wye to hunt for second hand books. I will be expecting some snow in Wales.

Guys, where can I find good jellied eels in London?

I also just booked my flight. Already reserved a room in Kensington and renewed my passport. The US Passport office must not have any business, since the passport was renewed in two weeks. I have already lost count of how many times that I have been in the UK.

Will make a short trip to Hay-on-Wye to hunt for second hand books. I will be expecting some snow in Wales.

Guys, where can I find good jellied eels in London?

Not in Kensington, that's for sure!

Sounds exciting and as a Londoner, very convenient! I'll be booking my ticket.

Comic con noob question: is it just a case of queueing for signatures? Presumably for the most popular creators that includes a very long wait... and is there some sort of etiquette as to how many sigs to request? I'm assuming a couple per person is OK...

Would be great if CGC were able to attend too!

Look forward to attending.

Adam

Sounds exciting and as a Londoner, very convenient! I'll be booking my ticket.

Comic con noob question: is it just a case of queueing for signatures? Presumably for the most popular creators that includes a very long wait... and is there some sort of etiquette as to how many sigs to request? I'm assuming a couple per person is OK...

Would be great if CGC were able to attend too!

Look forward to attending.

Adam

Welcome to the boards! The Brits are taking over :banana:

As a newb to comic conventions I have a question regarding sketches from the artists in attendance.

If I walk up to an artist do I simply say "Hey, can you do your interpretation of Batman for me and how much?"

Also, if I wanted a big piece, say a commission (specific landscape & character), how does that work?

Cheers guys.