• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALTIMORE...and "A Date With Judy"

46 posts in this topic

I was gettin my OCD on.....Lot of really nice people there. Meeting Stan, even so briefly, was profound. To think of all the happiness that man cranked out....just a flesh and blood guy.GOD BLSS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Nothing like good friends and kindred spirits to make a LONG line move quickly. We were right behind a school teacher and her husband with their son in his Batmo'Stroller....it was a work of genius and incredibly COOL. After we got in it was so packed you could hardly draw a breath. It was far more massive than anything Judy had ever seen before. The costumes weren't part of the dynamic in the 70's and 80's and she was quite taken by it all. So much so, she spent most of the show snapping pics....I've chosen about 40 to post over the next couple days. Lewis already has 2 copies of EVERY comic EVER made....and spent a lot of time waiting in Stan lines and looking at art and shapely costumed revellers. ME....I dove straight into the long boxes, coming up only occassionally for air. I got to meet in person....the maestro himself, JoeyPost, Blazing Bob, Tim, Dale, and a couple others. I think I may have seen Han, but I/m not sure. GOD BLESS....

BC41.jpg

I love seafood!! :devil: Great report + kudos to Judy for being so cool! :headbang:

Judy's already talking about wanting to go back next year with her OWN costume. Methinks I've created a monster lol There was another guy there dressed as Adam (of Adam and Eve fame).....he was wearing nothing but a leaf :o GOD BLESS....

The thing about the mermaid is, I am sure someone had to carry her around. Powder room visits. Dinner. etc.

Man, what a nice assignment that would have been.

What is the best Con to attend, within driving distance of Cincinnati or Columbus, Ohio? Besides Mid-Ohio Con?