• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALTIMORE...and "A Date With Judy"

46 posts in this topic

I begged Judy to let me squander some vacation time on a "lowly" Comicon....Stan Lee was going to be there and he's my HERO ...and I had never met him. She said "sure.....but I'm going too." She used to work at a comic store in St Louis back in the 80's for 5 years.....loves Conan, Doc Strange, TOD, and Swamp Thing....and she hadn't been to a show in years, even though Lewis, Richard, and I go to our beloved local Richmond show several times a year. She wasn't sure whether she'd like it or not, but things have been stressful at home and she really liked the idea of a road trip. Lewis and I agreed it would be OK to take an "icky girl" along since she was already a comic collector, albeit retired. We packed up and headed up I-64.....stopping for our traditional Cracker Barrel respite.We talked about comics, movies, and books and were in Baltimore almost before we knew it. Judy and I were so excited we could hardly sleep. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BC42.jpg

BC3.jpg

BC2.jpg

Nothing like good friends and kindred spirits to make a LONG line move quickly. We were right behind a school teacher and her husband with their son in his Batmo'Stroller....it was a work of genius and incredibly COOL. After we got in it was so packed you could hardly draw a breath. It was far more massive than anything Judy had ever seen before. The costumes weren't part of the dynamic in the 70's and 80's and she was quite taken by it all. So much so, she spent most of the show snapping pics....I've chosen about 40 to post over the next couple days. Lewis already has 2 copies of EVERY comic EVER made....and spent a lot of time waiting in Stan lines and looking at art and shapely costumed revellers. ME....I dove straight into the long boxes, coming up only occassionally for air. I got to meet in person....the maestro himself, JoeyPost, Blazing Bob, Tim, Dale, and a couple others. I think I may have seen Han, but I/m not sure. GOD BLESS....

BC7.jpg

BC41.jpg

BC40.jpg

Pics like those costumed characters above are what makes me sometimes want to not mention my comic collecting habit. Of course the dike with the "all rock, no c***" slogan, could be seen on any sidewalk, anywhere in this country and a few others as well.

I do admit that the mermaid is sweet. But how do mermaids mate?

Spent all day Saturday scrambling for books....I kept stumbling across small stacks of books reserved for Roy( "the Canuck formally known as r1970d")....I'm talking SWEET beauties begging to be slabbed. I think Roy's going to make it as a professional...he's got an eye for diamonds in the rough. I heard other dealers speaking highly of him. My debit card was denied at the show which was probably a blessing in disguise (thumbs u but I knew enough folks who would work with me. I spent a lot of time at Gene Carpenter's, Ted's(Superworld), Dale's, Guy Rose's, Terry's Comics, and HighGradeComics. I ws hoping Blazing Bob would still have his 9.2 TOS 50....but it was already gone by the time I found him. I should have asked him to hold it for me. Bob, by the way, was incredibly cool....not at all the vicious roughneck he's purported to be :baiting: I found some books I've been looking for for years....people were literally putting together stacks of EVERYTHING. It may have been sloppy seconds from Chicago....but it was the BEST show I've ever been to. Thank you, Marc Nathan.....GOD BLESS...

scan0005-3.jpg

AVENGERS3-1.jpg

scan0018-2.jpg

Pics like those costumed characters above are what makes me sometimes want to not mention my comic collecting habit. Of course the dike with the "all rock, no c***" slogan, could be seen on any sidewalk, anywhere in this country and a few others as well.

I do admit that the mermaid is sweet. But how do mermaids mate?

.....in her case, I'd sure like to find out .GOD BLESS...

Saturday night we ate at Ruby Tuesday's and went to sleep.....woke up at 4 A.M. and stared out the window and looked at books until time to hit the awesome Bob Evan's for Breakfast. There was NO line on Sunday and we retrieved our Stan Lee tickets and got in another LONG line that moved surprisingly quick. People were getting all sorts of things signed....although Stan said his contract wouldn't allow him to sign one of Judy's breasts.A disabled young man in a wheel chair was allowed to move to the front of the line.Things I saw signed were Masterworks, X-Men 1's, FF 48's, and an original Spider-Man Sunday with the Wedding episode.We chose a Hulk 6, ASM 6, and FF 11. Judy was so starstruck by Stan she forgot to request a first page signature and he put it on the cover. She's way too cool to show her disappointment. We'll probably sell it or trade it. I gave her my ASM 6, as I should have warned her,...Stan was so cool and ful of smiles, as always. Judy lost her wristband for entry and Awesome Dale Roberts gave her a vendor Badge. GOD BLESS...

BC18.jpg

BC15.jpg

HULK6-1.jpg

I've got about 30 more pics to post....I forgot to ask Judy to catch some Booth shots, so it's mostly Art and costumes...but I need break, I'm getting stiff. GOD BLESS...