• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic stores in Las Vegas

26 posts in this topic

I was just there and the best place I found for back issues was not at a comic shop but at an antique mall! :o

I went to the Antique Mall of America which is south of the Mandalay Bay (a mile or two) and there's a guy who has a couple of booths with some good BA and some SA stuff and it's very reasonably priced.

Desert Winds is supposed to be in Vegas, but I don't think their anywhere near the strip.

Hi,

I am having some trouble searching the forums...so I hope some of you will help me out...

I am visiting Las Vegas next week and will be staying on the Strip.

Are there any comic book stores in walkable distance or very close?

Thanks,

jeff

Why will you be thinking about comics while in Vegas? :baiting:

I didn't when I lived there.

Seriously though, there aren't many great shops there. Most of them only really carry new issues for pull list customers and have nothing much to speak of in terms of back issues. MOST, not all...

If you want something different to do in Vegas I HIGHLY recommend the Pinball Hall of Fame. It's only a quick cab ride from the strip, or a rather long walk. You can find the web site here:

http://www.pinballmuseum.org/

Desert Winds is not a shop. Its an internet business.

I spend a lot of time in Vegas and the LCS scene is pretty sparse. There is one attractive shop in North Vegas but the prices are stiff and its $100 cab ride round trip to get there from the strip.

Pinball HOF used to be in the same strip mall as a comic shop , but it moved.

I would have thought Vegas would be the best place to look for high dollar comics. It's where you go if you want an $18,000 pinky ring or $500 cigar. When people win big they blow cash, and comic collectors gotta win big out there every once in a while. You'd think when a comic collector hits a $6M progressive jackpot he's thinking "Before I get on that plane I want an AF15 in my hands!"

I spend a lot of time in Vegas and the LCS scene is pretty sparse. There is one attractive shop in Nort Vegas but the prices are stiff and its $100 cab ride round trip to get there from the strip.

Pinball HOF used to be in the same strip mal as a comic shop , but it moved.

Really? I thought Chandler told me he had a small store in Vegas.

I spend a lot of time in Vegas and the LCS scene is pretty sparse. There is one attractive shop in Nort Vegas but the prices are stiff and its $100 cab ride round trip to get there from the strip.

Pinball HOF used to be in the same strip mal as a comic shop , but it moved.

Really? I thought Chandler told me he had a small store in Vegas.

Not that I'm aware of, but I could be mistaken.

The only one I know of near the strip is Alternate Reality

4110 South Maryland Parkway #8, Las Vegas - (702) 736-3673

It is about a mile and a half from the strip, on the corner of Flamingo Rd. and Maryland Pkwy. Shouldn't be too much of a cab ride, depending on where you are staying.

There is also Cosmic Comics

3330 E. Tropicana Ave, Suite W, Las Vegas, NV 89121 - (702) 451-6611

Their web site says "Present an out of state I.D. and get 20% off all Silver Age comics. " They are a little further off the strip, on corner of Tropicana Ave. and Pecos Rd. It is about 4-5 miles east of the strip. I have never been there, but they claim to have 50k back issues, from silver to present.

There is another store (2 locations), quite a bit further off the strip, but, is supposed to have a nice selection of books. Can't say for sure.

Maximum Comics - 5130 South Fort Apache Road, Las Vegas - (702) 367-0755

Maximum Comics - 520 S Marks St #130, Henderson - 702-24-Comic (near the Galleria Mall, if I remember right)

Wishing Well Comics - 5706 West Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas - (702) 870-1268

Small store and quite a ways off the strip.

The ones in the Northwest side of town, which are the ones I usually go to, since they are closer to home (but, very far from the strip) are:

Comic Oasis - Cheyenne Ave and Rainbow Blvd, in the Wal-Mart Shopping Center

3121 North Rainbow Boulevard, Las Vegas - (702) 212-8885

Battlezone Comics

7910 Tropical Parkway Suite 120 - (702) 645-7249, in the Wal-Mart Shopping Center

They do have some silver age books, but, I think they are a bit overpriced on some of them. Maybe not too bad, but, a bit.

Both of these stores are real nice to deal with, staff is friendly and helpful.

I've been to Cosmic. Didn't have many back issues but the owner is a hoot.

He has his 3 No Prizesand his MMMS membership on the wall.

Told me a wonderful story about partying with a buddy and having to go to

bed because he had to work the next day. His buddy wanted to keep

drinking so he gave him the first 100 issues of ASM and told him to try

reading them and to wake him up if he wasn't having fun. He slept all

night.

The shop on Tropicana does give 20% off your first purchase with Out of State id on some SA books. The guy gave me a discount on a Spidey 27 that with the 20% off was priced nice, but wouldn't let me use it on a Hulk 2 that was on the wall behind the register. They are not big believers in CGC, and can get rather longwinded about it.

The one owner has a good memory for faces as I stop in every year or two but he always remembers me from the last trip.

Their back stock is mostly modern, with perhaps a few hundred SA books,at most, on the sales floor. They do have a back room, but i've never been in it.

I have been to numerous shops here and unfortunately the pickings are slim for decent shops. I have been to both Maximum Comics shops in Vegas and the one in Henderson is the best one. They have the largest selection of back issues of most of the shops here. Unfortunately a number of shops have closed and the ones that are here aren't worth going to. If you want to check out Maximum Comics, let me know and we can head out there together.

James

Thanks for bumping the thread, I'll be in Vegas next week and might make a round to the shops to see if there's one deal to be had.

How's life Tonystarkfan....haven't talked at ya in a while.

I was at Alternate Reality a couple weeks ago. First time there. Modern selection. Prolly nuthin pre-2000. The only thing that bugged me is how their windows has no protection at all against the harsh desert sun of Vegas. Any collector should know, comics shouldn't be exposed directly to the sun.

Thanks for bumping the thread, I'll be in Vegas next week and might make a round to the shops to see if there's one deal to be had.

How's life Tonystarkfan....haven't talked at ya in a while.

Let us know how the pickings were (thumbs u

Well I met a guy at WWChicago, his shop was called "Big Truck Entertainment" or "Big Truck Comics". He said his shop (if I am not mistaken) was in Vegas. He had the largest collection of Timely's at WWChicago. Many key books from GA-BA.

I tried to look up his shop on google and could not find it, I will dig for his business card tonight.