• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAL'S Column Early September 2011 Edition - Comics General
2 2

481 posts in this topic

Liam, I'm just busting bananas. I'm glad that at your age you can formulate your own opinions of individuals without falling prey to the stereotypes of others. Half my age and more mature. :lol:

Don't forget smarter :baiting:

Liam, I'm just busting bananas. I'm glad that at your age you can formulate your own opinions of individuals without falling prey to the stereotypes of others. Half my age and more mature. :lol:

:lol:

Well, please refer to post #5090687.

Now the only thing that gives me hope

Is my love of a certain dope

Rose tints my world

Keeps me safe from my trouble and pain

Hey now, no rocky horror references without me in the thread please (tsk)

Next time PM me first xD

:lol:

Well, please refer to post #5090687.

Too lazy. zzz howsabout a quote? :grin:

From a good friend of mine...

LIKE US

Like us

We need so little to keep our faith

In ourselves

An hour here

A moment there

To find our voice and set it down

On pages, in letters, in melody.

Like us

We could survive the boot of work

The dead hours of sorting cargo

Or mail, or claims, or inventory.

With a handful of rice and two bullets

We have waged that war

For years

Like us

We would be the fox

That gnaws his leg off

To be free of the trap.

We have been caught before.

Like us

Our real enemy is time and flesh

And even in that battle

We have settled with our dignity

Put down our arms

And walked down to the river

To drink, to wash, to gaze

And waited on the call of the trumpet.

Like us

We know we are complicit

In our own futility,

We have gone over, around

And mostly under desperation

There is nothing left to prove

But the small fact

That we exist like no other.

Like us

We root around the ashes for gold

Collect the specks

In our boxes made of tin and wood

And in our evenings

Sprinkle it like seed

Sprinkle it for those not like us

To grow flowers in the cracks

Like us

We are not fooled by depravations

Into seeing ghosts, or hallucinations

Into seeing enemies

Where there are none

These are tricks of the mind

Like us

We know the real trick of life

Is to give it all away

The hurt and the love

And be left with

Nothing

But yourself.

MICHAEL G. MUNOZ 9.12.11

I am going to close this Thread by responding to the worst result of this Thread. I no longer wish to take anyone else's time. I got HALF the apple I was after, and a half an apple is better than none.

So here goes:

:tonofbricks: This thread is kind of depressing. Why does ANY of this matter? Let it go Cal, this appears to me to have happened long ago and while this thread has been super entertaining, you've gone and insulted RMA's collection and that ticks me off. I quite like RMA and I don't like it when people insult people I like.

I did NOT insult RMA's collection. I conceded, as I have in the past, that all collections are someone's elses' pets. I encourage ANY comic collecting , of any kind. Did you miss that part? The answer is YES, continued below.

Call me selfish. :sumo: Step back and put things into perspective. There are plenty of people here who probably think it's weird that you collect so many copies of one issue, but I'm sure they've held back out of respect, because that's what considerate people do.

Many slammed me here for the OCD. But how could you know? You were NOT here.

You also publicly wrote off Mike who is one of the most respectable members of this board, and I KNOW you respect him since you've said it a few times yourself. Is that really what you want?

I do not recall putting Mike( comicdonna) on "the list". Maybe I did, some say I did, some say I did not. If I did, I would have removed him immediately. And that was from something that happened quite some time ago. However, if Mike wants to be put on that "list", he can tell me for himself. Many others here asked to be deliberately put on "the list".

To break all your allegiances before this series of treads is done?

I know what I am doing and it got me my half an apple from the ONE person who I wanted it from.

It's fine to have opinions about things, or to have a problem with something, but you're dragging down (or seemingly trying to drag down) other great individuals with you and I, for one, am tired of seeing this happen! Based on what I see, you have been the instigator from the beginning and I really think you need to realize that.

This is what is gotten me to make the Final Response. How can you even post ANY of this without being remotely part of any of this? RMA,. Mike, SKY, heck, even STU has more right to discuss this in this manner than someone who has barely been here a year and a few months. , "you are TIRED of seeing this happen?" How do others who have been put through/been here a TON longer than you feel about this gargabe??? There HAS been a few times when a very respectable Boardie has asked me to cease my ramblings. And it works for the time asked. Why? Because I know them, have spent time with them, and they had that right EARNED to be respected. In a way I respect you too, but you are a new, unkown quantity to me. Bottom line: I really don't respond well to newbies. I actually respond to the TM Mores, RMAs, Roys', etc. I feel that when a newbie sticks his/her nose where they have no history, nostake in the fight, they are merely trolling. Heck there are at least THREE( 3) separate Threads on the Water Cooler about TROLLING for goodness sakes.

Please! Cal, I like you for a few reasons, but you're sure as heck making me not like you for a few other reasons.

Do as you wish...

Why do this to yourself? Do you want revenge? If not, then what, for Pete's sake?

I already said it: I got a lot of what I wanted. I am more happy now than I have been in months on this Board.

Please, answer that question for the board. :shrug:

I answered the Q. Reread this post three times if you have to. Hopefully, the nonsense will stop after this post.

I will make a deal with THE ENTIRE BOARD:

Stop the Thread hijacking, stop the insults, stop the trolling, stop the insinuations , stop anything negative, and this topic will go away forever. Just ONE negative post about me, against me, anything to rile my feathers up, I will continue the CAL critic and CAL the KING and use whatever I can to waste everyone's time. the deal I am making now is off. back to more insanity. I say this won't last 12 hours, because I know who and what comprises of this Once-great Forum. I say they can't do it. Prove me wrong. Surprise me, and the rest of us.

Once this post has been read, I will assume the deal I made is on with the entire Board. Once a trolling remark has been posted, we all can see then that the deal is off. I can hardly wait.

CAL going to check some other threads, then work on NCAAF, NFL, and a bunch of auctions going off the next three mornings.

Edited by Calamerica

Hey Cal, do you think a member needs to be on the boards for years in order to see what you are? (shrug) After I read your first post I realized you were a narcissist with delusional tendencies.

One more point and I'll stop "trolling". Don't you think that a noob, who has no prior negative encounters with you, has a more objective viewpoint, and won't formulate their opinions of you based on a five or ten year old issue?

Keep up the good work. (thumbs u

I am a noob. Cal is really cool. I would love to have a beer and watch NCAAF and NFL games with him and speak at each other for hours about how great we are...in the third person. He seems like a really fun person to be around and learn from.

If anybody wants to see the re-emergence of Cal back in 2003, there's always this classic thread:

Rant!!

I am going to get this inappropriate post # 346754 removed.

Coming up on 10 years of sheer lunacy :cloud9:

That thread is a hoot! Cal goes from having just about everyone on his side to basically alienating the entire board. lol

If anybody wants to see the re-emergence of Cal back in 2003, there's always this classic thread:

Rant!!

That thread is a hoot! Cal goes from having just about everyone on his side to basically alienating the entire board. lol

Indeed.

Not an easy thing to do when Deathlok was "the other side".

Rant!!

Yeah. I've been one of the few that's supported Cal since he got here because I've always thought that he had a lot of knowledge to share but was just misunderstood.

This thread has made me think that the misunderstanding was on my own behalf.

speak at each other for hours about how great we are...in the third person. He seems like a really fun person to be around and learn from.

"George likes his chicken spicy"

72e55ec9.png

lol

Where is the Mid-September Column??

Right now it is in a larval state - Gobe burblings. Soon it will gestate into its pupal form - Rambling Lunacy. Finally it will release itself from its chrysalis - a fully formed and beautiful CalTastic Column of Calumny, Recalcitrance and Abject Paranoia.

:tonofbricks: This thread is kind of depressing. Why does ANY of this matter? Let it go Cal, this appears to me to have happened long ago and while this thread has been super entertaining, you've gone and insulted RMA's collection and that ticks me off. I quite like RMA and I don't like it when people insult people I like. Call me selfish. :sumo: Step back and put things into perspective. There are plenty of people here who probably think it's weird that you collect so many copies of one issue, but I'm sure they've held back out of respect, because that's what considerate people do. You also publicly wrote off Mike who is one of the most respectable members of this board, and I KNOW you respect him since you've said it a few times yourself. Is that really what you want? To break all your allegiances before this series of treads is done?

It's fine to have opinions about things, or to have a problem with something, but you're dragging down (or seemingly trying to drag down) other great individuals with you and I, for one, am tired of seeing this happen! Based on what I see, you have been the instigator from the beginning and I really think you need to realize that.

Please! Cal, I like you for a few reasons, but you're sure as heck making me not like you for a few other reasons. Why do this to yourself? Do you want revenge? If not, then what, for Pete's sake?

Please, answer that question for the board. :shrug:

You like RMA?

:hi:

Oh, don't you try it, Mister. You're still on my snit list. I don't remember why anymore....

hm

...but you ARE, so don't you go cozying up to me.

:sumo: