• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX is such a Joke

35 posts in this topic

Different standards for sure.

At least they are listing the flaws (that they found), odd they would list a trim and then say it doesn't need a restored label. Do they have a qualified label? I don't even know. Centerfold missing should be "qualified".

One small bit of defense for them; I have seen plenty of CGC books that list "small amount of glue" and still get universal grades.

Yes but this is only for old books from the Golden Age (or older) and it can only be a very small amount of glue.

Like this book... :popcorn:

HumanTorch3-1.jpg

At least they are listing the flaws (that they found), odd they would list a trim and then say it doesn't need a restored label. Do they have a qualified label? I don't even know. Centerfold missing should be "qualified".

One small bit of defense for them; I have seen plenty of CGC books that list "small amount of glue" and still get universal grades.

Yes but this is only for old books from the Golden Age (or older) and it can only be a very small amount of glue.

as it has been explained to me, if the glue or color touch is present in such a small quantity that if removed, the grade would be the same , then cgc will note the glue or ct and put in a universal label because that means the glue or ct didn't "improve" the grade ...

in other words the grade is the same regardless, and presumably the glue or ct could be easily removed

as it has been explained to me, if the glue or color touch is present in such a small quantity that if removed, the grade would be the same , then cgc will note the glue or ct and put in a universal label because that means the glue or ct didn't "improve" the grade ...

in other words the grade is the same regardless, and presumably the glue or ct could be easily removed

Gator is right (as usual) and here is a real situation/example of a book to show it.

Scans are of book from Nic Cage collection, so same book and confirmed by me with cgc that there was only 1 Planet 10 in that collection. One scan in label says"Very minor amount of glue on cove Nic Cage Collection". Other scan show label to only read "Nic Cage Collection" and no mention of glue. I was offered this book showing the no glue label and I only knew of the glue mentioning label where the book had previously sold. I thought it to be not legit unil I called CGC and asked for graders notes where I was then told...

The book previously graded an 8.0 and had glue so we put it on the label. The person who now owns it sent it in to regrade and the glue is no longer present. We felt it still grades an 8.0.

So, bottom line Gator is right.

5d3e3c9c.jpg

31c5acd0.jpg

I believe if I was to spill a drop of glue on the cover of a comic, it would recieve a blue label from CGC. If I used the glue to seal a tear, it would recieve a purple label.

Yes, I believe the intent angle is another deciding factor as to what colour of label the book will receive.

In other words, if you was to spill a entire bottle of glue onto the book so that it is obvious to everybody from way across the convention hall, the book would receive a blue label. If you was to add a tiny drop of glue to seal a tear and this is virtually invisible to the naked eye and could only be seen with a black light, than the book would receive a purple label.

Of course, as we all know in today's colour-centric market, the fugly glue saturated blue label book would still be worth a lot more than the beautiful looking purple label book. lol:screwy:

HAHAHAHAHAHA Did anyone see the Tec 75 on there thats a 1.0 ''Brittle" with OW/W pages???? so are they brittle or white :roflmao:

Weird as it sounds, I have come across one or two books where the pages are cream or off white yet slightly brittle - I think they would have been silver age DC's.

Of course this one might just have a small patch of brittle paper where an edge was exposed. But then the designation ought to be "slightly" brittle!

Anyway - you are right, it's a bizarre phrasing!

The book previously graded an 8.0 and had glue so we put it on the label. The person who now owns it sent it in to regrade and the glue is no longer present. We felt it still grades an 8.0.

I demand a refund! lol

:jokealert:

On reflection, perhaps I should just make it perfectly clear that I have absolute faith in Gator's integrity - I have plenty of evidence of that. Just want to make that clear lest my sense of humour cause any confusion. (It's always getting me into trouble - just ask straw man! lol ) I'm absolutely delighted with that Planet #10 and it's one of ther prettiest books I own.