• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best John Byrne Covers?

67 posts in this topic

And it can be yours for $15k. :cool:

I'd probably have to part with an organ or win the lottery first... :kidaround:

If I were ever to seriously consider buying an MTU cover, I'd probably hold out for #65. It was the first issue of MTU that I bought as a kid. :cloud9:

Even though it's kind of a distance shot and the characters look small, I have always loved the cover to X-Men 113. Most of the time it was too cluttered and hard to fit all the team members onto one cover but this one with the flames and the X-Men arch for looks pretty damn cool.

Also always liked the cover to Fantastic Four 257 with the Galactus/Skull

I know I'm creeping past bronze age stuff, but...

Alpha_Flight_3_John_Byrne_cover.jpg

Because a few early Alpha Flight covers have been picked I got to thinking issue 6's was about to appear as well, with Byrne's 'groundbreaking' use of empty, white space instead of actually bothering to draw something in behind a solitary figure. No, not really, that one's a bit rubbish. His worst ever?

64192.jpg

I've never seen this before. Nice. (thumbs u

Not sure about "best" or not, but this one really jumped off the spinner rack at me back when it first came out, and it's still one of my favorites today...

It was a great story too.

Absolutely! Can't remember who scripted it. Claremont? Mantlo? Micheline? Not sure, but #185 - #187 are really indispensable late '70s Marvels...

Not sure about "best" or not, but this one really jumped off the spinner rack at me back when it first came out, and it's still one of my favorites today...

It was a great story too.

Absolutely! Can't remember who scripted it. Claremont? Mantlo? Micheline? Not sure, but #185 - #187 are really indispensable late '70s Marvels...

Mark Gruenwald, Steven Grant, and Dave Michelinie.

Avengers 191 - George Perez + Sal Buscema (signed on cover)

Marvel Team-Up 65 - George Perez + Joe Sinnott

Champions 10, 12 - Dave Cockrum (signed on cover)

Not to go too far off topic...but I was really loving Hidden Years ( finally, the REAL X-men ) and was sad to see it cancelled.

same here...personally I thought it was the best "modern" at the time and the series almost got me back to full time collecting before they cancelled the series and I haven't bought a book off the rack since.