• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink Sept Auction buys- have them home by the holidays!

165 posts in this topic

Not a high enough concentration of high grade for books to slip through the cracks...virtually everything I've been interested in tonight has already gone above my ceiling. :cry:

+1!!!

I only have 2 books that i REALLY wanted and they are both pretty much over my maximum bid already. Even raising my maximum, i dont think i will get them. And these are LOW demand books even (shrug)

I'm SHOCKED how high my books are at. So shocked, i almost think that someone is screwing with me and just bidding them up to mess with me lol

I usually clean house in the Clink auctions but i have a feeling im going home empty handed tonight :cry:

I bid on 30 books with what I thought was a good amount. I've been outbid on 26 of them.

+1

It wasn't me who outbid you... :whistle:

But in the same boat... outbid earlier in the week when I thought my "secret max" was already fmv. :o

oh well there's always something on these boards...or Fee-Bay :idea:

Not a high enough concentration of high grade for books to slip through the cracks...virtually everything I've been interested in tonight has already gone above my ceiling. :cry:

+1!!!

I only have 2 books that i REALLY wanted and they are both pretty much over my maximum bid already. Even raising my maximum, i dont think i will get them. And these are LOW demand books even (shrug)

I'm SHOCKED how high my books are at. So shocked, i almost think that someone is screwing with me and just bidding them up to mess with me lol

I usually clean house in the Clink auctions but i have a feeling im going home empty handed tonight :cry:

All of the early ASMs in 9.4 between 16 - 40 went for strong money, with the exception of the copies that were miswrapped or had minor production defects.

Well, i did hit a couple but the Avengers prices were weird as hell in this auction! Nothing special later issues were going for double gpa while 9.8 #92 went for almost half gpa (shrug) I dont know what the hell was going on!

These two knock me down to needing only 3 issues between 10-100 :banana:

av26.jpg

av75.jpg

I already have a really nice #92 but this thing went so freaking cheap, i couldnt pass it up doh!

av92-1.jpg

All the issues between 137-188 went way, WAY higher than gpa and i just wasnt willing to go high enough to win them :cry:

I took my first swing at an auction in a long time, and hoo boy did I miss.

With 12 seconds left to go on Conan 10 9.8 White pages, the bid was at $385. I bid $460. It went out at $650.

$650 for Conan 10? All yours.

Meanwhile, the Conan 1 9.8 oW/W I passed on went cheaper than I expected at $3,600 but it wasn't a great wrap - words cut off at the top cover.