• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink Sept Auction buys- have them home by the holidays!

165 posts in this topic

Just a couple wins tonight. Bunch more stuff I'm eyeing over the next couple days. We'll see what else I walk away with.

I believe this is the first Archie dating Cheryl Blossom. Too cheap for me to pass up as an emerging Archie fan....

ArchieatRivedale103.jpg

Been wanting a 9.8 copy of this standard for my collection. Figured I may as well pull the trigger here since I lost out on a few high priced attempts earlier in the evening....

DarkKnightReturns1.jpg

I was bidding on the Bats 237 and 244 as well, but knew I wasn't going to win. I already had both so I wasn't too agressive with my MAX. Had the Brave/Bold 95 on my list as well. Don't know what happened with that. I think I forgot I had bid on it and just let it go. Beautiful copies. Congrats.

These are not the highest grades, but the one thing that always makes me overlook that and other defects is WHITE pages. Especially BB #85 with the awful distributor'mark bleeding onto the top of the cover (at least the wrap is nicely centered).

Additions to my Adams Bats collection.

RAD358882011816_92844.jpg

RADE2AF32011816_92731.jpg

RAD2E95D2011816_10926.jpg

RAD2D3B82011812_141741.jpg

Not an Adams cover, but a book from my childhood that I always wanted. Remember seeing it on the rack, but bought another book that day. By the time my parents took me back to the news shop, there were no more copies.

RADA42412011823_111744.jpg

By the way, I think Nick Cardy is one of the most underrated artists of the time. Like Aparo, I always thought he was in Adams shadow.

Yep, i got sniped at the last second on the 8.5 JIM #114 :cry:

Thats what i get for putting in a puss bid and trying to steal it doh!

I did pick up a couple absolute STEALS though! Both of these were not only all time gpa lows, they were way, WAYYYYYYYY below the alltime gpa low! :banana:

invaders12.jpg

invaders19.jpg

I always let my son pick out a reasonably priced book for his collection. He really wanted the Modok cover Hulk 167 but it just went way too far over gpa for me to justify getting it. So, he got this one instead. Dont ask me why but the kid LOVES Modok (shrug)

Literally, he might be the biggest(only???) Modok fan on the planet!!! ???

IMannual4.jpg

I stole this one.

RADE26332011812_174646.jpg

Yes, it's off-white pages. It seems like a nice discount, though, especially considering the crisp corners and perfect centering. Besides, the original art for this cover is at a museum down the street, so I'm feeling sentimental. I'll go check it out soon and report back.

Won another key to add to my collection. Can finally cross this one of my list. :cloud9:

Didn't care so much about grade on this one as I did about its presentation, which I thought looked beautiful considering it's a 7.0! (shrug)

HouseofSecrets92.jpg

That's a fine 7.0, Dane. Congratulations!