• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Check out what I got from the Borders going-out-of-business sale!

71 posts in this topic

Hey all --

Great shelves! That will be quite the project...

On a smaller scale (and not to derail), I also picked up a Borders leftover to help with my comic display in my basement. I got two of these to hold 80 comics...for about $100. I definitely felt like a vulture flying over Borders' body, unfortunately...

Dan

FileShelves.jpg

It has been a long held ambition of mine to one day own a house with enough room to house a library so that I can properly store/display my comics, books, art etc.

Your set up looks fantastic and kudos for achieving it at relatively little cost.

I cannot wait to see the pics of it fully stocked!

Good job (thumbs u

Beautiful shelf set-up and great pick up!

It was depressing to go in and see how the Borders in Palm Springs looked. Sad to see a book store go out of business.

Picked up a ton of books 60-75% percent off and would love to have grabbed some of the shelving (which was going for a STEAL!), but that stuff would be a bear to load and drive the hour and half I live away.

Great pick up Bro! (thumbs u

:banana: Chris

So my local Borders survived the first round of closings last spring, but it final gave up the ghost this past month. I went a few weeks ago to see if they had a spinner rack, but instead I came away with this.... :banana:

bookcase01.jpg

bookcase02.jpg

bookcase03.jpg

:whatthe:

Congrats! :applause:

That is insanely cool. :golfclap:

Thats is too awesome for words!!!

I wanted to get that exact same thing from my Borders but just didnt have anywhere in the house that i could possibly put it. They had some really cool displays but this was the only one i could get and fit in my house.

shelf3.jpg

It's pretty sweet for displaying comics but not nearly as awesome as that bookcase you scored (worship)

Leave it to a forum full of geeks to get excited about book storage.

:baiting:

Leave it to a forum full of geeks to get excited about book storage.

:baiting:

I get extremely excited about book storage.

I even get excited about boxes.

I wish in my next life that I can be HOTFLIPS' & cgcworld's lovechild.