• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edgar Church Discovery Movie is Coming

110 posts in this topic

I had gotten in touch with the owner of the house in 2005, and after I got to Denver he graciously let me in to walk around and take pictures. We were there for about half an hour. It's a really tiny house, probably not much bigger than an apartment, minus the basement. In fact, the basement seemed to be as big as the house above it. I took pics of the backyard, front yard, and several of the stairs and basement.

If my memory is correct, the owner was in the process of tearing down some of the walls in the basement, which I suppose were the rooms where Chuck stored the books. One room was still there with a large built in cabinet, but the owner wasn't sure if that had been there when Church owned the house.

No, I didn't find any comics stuff in the rafters, but I did look :) The owner was a young guy who actually read alternative comics, and had even been to the Mile High store in town. But he had no clue what significance the house held for comic collectors.

The pics I took are going in the pedigree book. I wonder which will come out first, the book or the movie? Isn't the book supposed to come out first???

Oh, I also tried to get a couple guys together to buy the house when it was up for sale (in 2004?), but it sold before anything could transpire. And I also tried to get edgarchurch.com a few years ago, but it had just been nabbed. DJ, do you own that domain?

I apologize if this was already asked...but

1.) Who are you?

More on that will be available in the next few weeks, when the short comes out. I'm not anyone you've heard of before. This is an indie project.

2.) Are you a collector?

To anyone's standards on this board, no. I'm a storyteller who's a sympathetic, outside observer. I have no axe to grind, or preconceived agenda. The intention of this film is to simply tell a story that fascinates me and others that I know.

3.) Are you a comic book fan?

I still have the 137 comics that I bought off the spin-a-rack at the pharmacy in Cincinnati, when I was 11/12. To that I've added about 25% of the first 50 AMS, and I have 5 issues of Planet Comics that I find incredibly beautiful.

4.) Do you know anyone personally on these boards?

I don't know a soul.

I came to this story about 10 years ago. It fascinated me then, and stayed with me, since.

I've spent 8 months on this project. It is a labor of love and a story that, for reasons I won't get into here, I feel the need tell or I just might die.

That this story has not been treated for the screen, after 35 years, astounds me. There is nothing cynical about my motives for working on this so hard, for so long.

Oh, I also tried to get a couple guys together to buy the house when it was up for sale (in 2004?), but it sold before anything could transpire. And I also tried to get edgarchurch.com a few years ago, but it had just been nabbed. DJ, do you own that domain?

I remember that. Still regret we didn't get it

I'd go see that - or at least stream it on Netflix. :applause:

I wouldnt rent from Netflx they are nuts :baiting:

They ARE nuts. Have you seen what their price increases and business split and failure to renew the Starz contract has done to the company's stock price? doh!

I'd go see that - or at least stream it on Netflix. :applause:

I wouldnt rent from Netflx they are nuts :baiting:

They ARE nuts. Have you seen what their price increases and business split and failure to renew the Starz contract has done to the company's stock price? doh!

.....never bleed people's entertainment budget during a recession....you'll be left holding the bag every time. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u