• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edgar Church Discovery Movie is Coming

110 posts in this topic

I've alway found the whole Edgar Church topic completely fascinating. And Chuck's recounting of it completely amazing (although I don't believe a single word of it).

I would see an that even tangentially had something to do with Church. I even sat through that awful DJ Quals movie.

You should put somethingll up on facebook so we can follow your progress there...

Denver seems to have very peculiar comic history. The Church collection, the IRS collection, the drug dealers laundering their funds by buying comics, and of course, the Mile High ring-master. There must be something about this dusty old cowtown...

I'd go see that - or at least stream it on Netflix. :applause:

I wouldnt rent from Netflx they are nuts :baiting:

They ARE nuts. Have you seen what their price increases and business split and failure to renew the Starz contract has done to the company's stock price? doh!

Unfortunately I have.Put my account on suspension...

Here are some tidbits you might not know about Edgar Franklin Church:

He was born in Plainville, Connecticut on November 28, 1888 and died May 5, 1978 in Denver, Colorado.

His parents were born in Massachusetts. Their names were William and Alice (Wright).

He had two brothers, William and Frederic. Frederic died before he was two months old.

He was a veteran of World War I.

His SS# was 521-07-0308.

In 1910 he was an Elevator Pilot at the YMCA and lived at 2485 Hooker Street in Denver, Colorado.

He was a commercial artist for the phone company in 1930.

In 1930 lived at 2331 Julian, Denver, Colorado.

His first wife's name was Edith Ann Collins.

His second wife's name was Helen and she was born in Kansas.

His childrens' names were Richard and Doris.

Doris Elsie Richardson died on February 16, 2010 in Arizona. Her children's names were Barbara, Linda and Donna.

Richard died January 4, 1981 in Long Beach, California.

I remember finding most of that info on ancestry.com years ago.

+1

I was also trying to find Doris. Did not know she had passed away. :(

Several attempts were made to contact her. She never replied to any mails or phone calls. We were guessing it was a sore topic she did not want to reopen.

I agree it was probably a sore subject with her, as she never responded when I tried to contact her approximately 8 years ago. (shrug)

Here are some tidbits you might not know about Edgar Franklin Church:

In 1930 lived at 2331 Julian, Denver, Colorado.

Isn't this the information the first two pages was trying to protect?

It's public record. Not much to protect when three minutes on Ancestry.com will provide it to you. It even gives you a map to the house.

So who's going to play Chuck? I bet you could get Bruce Willis. That would be interesting...of course you would have to skew reality a little...Chuck's van would be all supped-up and the climax of the movie would be a romping chase thru the Edgar Church neighborhood with Chuck being followed by desperados who want to get those funny books. Lots of explosions, riding on car hoods and such...hm, Chuck would also need a big buxom girlfriend, tough on the outside, but with a heart of gold.
:roflmao:

Interesting, but that's not really a movie pitch. More like a brief documentary of the discovery of the collection. I think a trailer with snippets of a real story would be more appealing to backers. A little more energy, drama and action/suspense wouldn't hurt either.

Discovery of the collection on PG.30 seems a bit misplaced to me. It seems that the initial discovery would be better served as a page 8-12 moment with the big discovery being in the very early 20's.

I'll toss you a few bucks in a couple days - Silver age, a prop comic would be neat. Always open to help out a filmmaker. Others here should as well. Seems like a good cause.

I hope you raise the dough. Will be cool to see the finished work.

The fantasy casting? Michael Cera.

But, even he's older than Chuck was. Remember, Chuck was just 21, same age as the stand-in I used in the pitch. Mere babes.

And in case anybody's listening, I've even worked in a completely plausible, cameo for Stan The Man Lee...I'm just saying.

James Franco should play Chuck.

No, Jay (of Jay and Silent Bob) You got to have the ganja down if you want to play Chuckles

Fifteen bucks, little man.

Put that mess, in my hand.