• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vote for your Favorite PCH Logo Design

102 posts in this topic

So at SDCC only a week or two later, I was at some booth or other looking through long boxes and came across some issues of Forbidden Worlds, when I heard this kind of deep husky voice, of a person standing near me say..... "oh, do you like forbidden worlds ? " .... and I look up and see this woman, who was not a woman at all, but some dude in a light blue dress, standing there. The guy was thick....almost strong looking. Not effiminate at all. I mean he wasn't fooling anyone. He had (and it must have been a wig) kind of straight long reddish hair

Am I the only one who thinks that Mike simply ran into Michelle Nolan at the show? The description is right on the mark and you should have stopped and talked to her. She's always good for a long chat and could have informed you more on all kinds of PCH goodness. Michelle's knowledge of story content in these books is vast.

Lets hope the person I talked to wasn't the person you are thinking of Scrooge :sick:

it was Michelle, and one could hardly hope for a better partner in a conversation about old comics.

.....AMEN, brother. That's one person I would love to follow around San Diego for a few days....what fun that would be.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

it was Michelle, and one could hardly hope for a better partner in a conversation about old comics.

.....AMEN, brother. That's one person I would love to follow around San Diego for a few days....what fun that would be.GOD BLESS...

Same for me. I've always enjoyed reading her articles and would love to meet her some day. It is great that someone of her capacity is willing to reach out to strangers and just share her knowledge and enthusiasm for comics with them. I'd sure much rather have dinner with her than the many collectors who can't complete a sentence that doesn't contain a dollar sign.

Same for me. I've always enjoyed reading her articles and would love to meet her some day. It is great that someone of her capacity is willing to reach out to strangers and just share her knowledge and enthusiasm for comics with them. I'd sure much rather have dinner with her than the many collectors who can't complete a sentence that doesn't contain a dollar sign.

.....me too. I'd like to hear about turning up collections, rarities, and early fandom / convention stories. To be honest, I'd probably rather attend that kind of panel than one by most creators. GOD BLESS...

Her Comic Book Marketplace articles were some of the best articles I've ever read in comic fandom.

God, I miss that magazine.....even the Cochran run. In a way, this forum is the next incarnation of what it once was. Alter Ego is still awesome. CBM messd up by going to high quality paper. GOD BLESS...

So at SDCC only a week or two later, I was at some booth or other looking through long boxes and came across some issues of Forbidden Worlds, when I heard this kind of deep husky voice, of a person standing near me say..... "oh, do you like forbidden worlds ? " .... and I look up and see this woman, who was not a woman at all, but some dude in a light blue dress, standing there. The guy was thick....almost strong looking. Not effiminate at all. I mean he wasn't fooling anyone. He had (and it must have been a wig) kind of straight long reddish hair

Am I the only one who thinks that Mike simply ran into Michelle Nolan at the show? The description is right on the mark and you should have stopped and talked to her. She's always good for a long chat and could have informed you more on all kinds of PCH goodness. Michelle's knowledge of story content in these books is vast.

About fifteen years ago I was set up at San Diego and an old friend, Glenn Kessler, from the original Houston Con days was with me at my table. Michelle Nolan always stops by to say hello and shop. Glenn knew Michelle from way back when she was Michael Nolan and used to travel to Houston for the cons. They had not seen each other in years and were catching up. There was another group of folks behind the table chatting and looking at comics. A bunch of different conversations were going on at once but at one point they all seemed to quiet in time for everyone to hear this exchange...

Glenn - "My, Times sure change." (Big sigh)

After a short pause...

Michelle - "Yes they do. Look at me! I'm a woman!"

Neither did I! But very cool, and agreed, you couldn't ask for much more of an in-depth knowledge of comics than michelle. Senormac, hopefully you won't let your reluctance to check out forbidden worlds keep you from enjoying a really great genre of books. I appreciate superhero books but basically feel they lead you down more of an "unfortunate" path than horror does!

Anyway, I guess what I'm getting at is, it's ok to hate westerns!

Does anyone think the LOGOS I've posted are COOL ?

If not, then I won't POST any more.

Would love to hear some FEEDBACK ?

Not wanting to SOUND like a WHINY Bee-)Otch....but I really spent some SERIOUS time KNOCKING out some , pretty cool LOGOS (I think) .

They are wonderful, thanks. (worship)

Neat idea for a thread Scrooge. Do a poll right in the thread.

About fifteen years ago I was set up at San Diego and an old friend, Glenn Kessler, from the original Houston Con days was with me at my table. Michelle Nolan always stops by to say hello and shop. Glenn knew Michelle from way back when she was Michael Nolan and used to travel to Houston for the cons. They had not seen each other in years and were catching up. There was another group of folks behind the table chatting and looking at comics. A bunch of different conversations were going on at once but at one point they all seemed to quiet in time for everyone to hear this exchange...

Glenn - "My, Times sure change." (Big sigh)

After a short pause...

Michelle - "Yes they do. Look at me! I'm a woman!"

lol , I had no idea. I'm not a fan of sex changes but I try to judge someone by

their wisdom and personality rather than their medical procedures.