• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vote for your Favorite PCH Logo Design

102 posts in this topic

Following a casual remark about a PCH logo, I am interested in finding out which logo you prefer. For this, I put the visual below together and will in the next post, provide you with a list of the title (so you don't have to type anything :) ).

I want you to send me in a PM your list of your Top 10 Favorite Logos. I will then assign your Top Choice 10 points, Second Choice 9 Points, etc ... and collate all responses and issue a Podium of the Top 10 Board Favorite PCH Logos.

If you don't feel like ranking a Top 10, you can simply send a Top 5 or a Top 3 though a Top 10 is appreciated :) I'll let this run for a bit to collect the information.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

Slide14.jpg

Slide15.jpg

Please you can use this list to PM your Ballot:

Adventures Into Darkness

Adventures Into Terror

Adventures into the Unknown

Adventures Into Weird Worlds

Amazing Adventures

Amazing Detective cases

Amazing Ghost Stories

Amazing Mysteries

Astonishing

Baffling Mysteries

Beware

Beware

Beware Terror Tales

Beyond, The

Black Cat Mystery

Black Magic

Blue Bolt Weird Tales

Captain America's Weird Tales

Chamber Of Chills

Chilling Tales

Crypt Of terror

Dark Mysteries

Eerie

Fantastic fears

Fantastic Worlds

Fight Against Crime

Forbidden Worlds

Frankenstein

Ghost Comics

Ghostly Weird Stories

Hand Of Fate

Haunt Of Fear

Haunted Thrills

Horrific

House Of Mystery

Journey Into Fear

Journey Into Mystery

Journey Into Unknown Worlds

Lost Worlds

Marvel Tales

Menace

Men's Adventures

Mister Mystery

Mysteries Weird and Strange

Mysterious Adventures

Mystery Tales

Mystic

Nightmare

Out Of The Night

Out Of The Shadows

Purple Claw

Sensation Mystery

Skeleton Hand

Spellbound

Spook

Startling Terror Tales

Strange Fantasy

Strange Mysteries

Strange Stories From Another World

Strange Suspense Stories

Strange Tales

Strange Terrors

Suspense

Tales From The Crypt

Tales Of Horror

The Monster

Thing!

This Magazine Is Haunted

Thrills Of Tomorrow

Tomb of Terror

Tormented, The

Uncanny Tales

Unseen

Vault Of Horror

Venus

Voodoo

Web Of Evil

Web of Mystery

Weird Adventures

Weird Chills

Weird Horrors

Weird Mysteries

Weird Tales of the Future

Weird Terror

Weird Thrillers

Witchcraft

Witches Tales

Worlds of Fear

I've always been partial to The Thing with the art in the logo, as well as Blue Bolt Weird issues with both of the bats. But my favorite will always be Weird Science Fantasy, not for the logo itself so much as the ever-present rocket ship ascending on the right side of it.

It's not on the list. Not a Horror book, really is it?

It's a horror that sci-fi and horror are considered so seperate when most of the stories were very similar. But you are correct, the EC Sci-Fi books aren't "horror".

It's a horror that sci-fi and horror are considered so seperate when most of the stories were very similar. But you are correct, the EC Sci-Fi books aren't "horror".

Btw, don't blame me on this. I used POV's PCH list that he posted years ago as my starting list and eliminated one shots :thumbsup:

Btw, don't blame me on this. I used POV's PCH list that he posted years ago as my starting list and eliminated one shots :thumbsup:

I never would. I think it is a great idea for a survey (thumbs u

This is going to be fun!!! :banana:

Thanks for doing the hard work to put this together! (worship)

I've always been partial to The Thing with the art in the logo, as well as Blue Bolt Weird issues with both of the bats. But my favorite will always be Weird Science Fantasy, not for the logo itself so much as the ever-present rocket ship ascending on the right side of it.

Some dislike the fact that the cover images are smaller since they are confined to the lower right hand corner but the rocket on the WSF and ship on Piracy make the covers winners to me. (thumbs u

I have always loved all of the TORMENTED SOULS drawn into the LOGO of The THING.

I just realized that I tend to capitalize certain words for no apparent reason. Maybe for emphasis...

Anyway.

I'll take a couple of suggestions , for logos, and post them back here, if anybody wants.

I think I'll do a Weird Tales of the FUTURE next. I've always loved that Logo.

THE-THINGlogo.jpg

Should I keep posting these, or no ?

Some dislike the fact that the cover images are smaller since they are confined to the lower right hand corner but the rocket on the WSF and ship on Piracy make the covers winners to me. (thumbs u

This took me 20 minutes to get looking nice....it's so cool. I love the ROCKET SHIP TOO (thumbs u

rocket.jpg

But my favorite will always be Weird Science Fantasy, not for the logo itself so much as the ever-present rocket ship ascending on the right side of it.

Absolutely, 100% agree. For me, the organization and content of some of these covers is second to none. Even the logo change for 29 is really cool. The graphic quality of the letters and the style of the rocket ship, distinctly '50s... just awesome.

WdScFa_23_90_cropped.jpg