• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2021 at 11:05 AM, Jimmy Linguini said:

Sure. I'm not really talking about it as a comic book resource and more as a online retailer that also does the managed payment setting. BUT If you purchase comic books from Amazon just don't buy them if they have "Prime shipping". If the seller is doing the shipping and not amazon it usually has a lot more protection. Also the returns on amazon are way easier from a buyers perspective than on ebay.
But again, I'm just curious why no one brings up the "they're making money on my money by making interest" for amazon but think its a valid argument for ebay.

Because this is a comics board and Amazon is not where we buy and sell comics. 

6 hours ago, the blob said:
7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I saw that yesterday when they announced it they Killed Jupiter's Legacy
and were producing Super Crooks.

wow, they apparently spent $200 million on season 1. ouch. i did not think it was as terrible as a lot of people and was kind of hoping for a season 2 once the way too dragged out origin story was finally over. i've seen far worse get a second season, but at $25 milion or so an episode, I understand why they gave up.

Personally they waited too long to show what the show was about in my opinion. The last episode didn't even show what really needed too.
They spent waaaayyyy too much time on how they got their powers and not enough on why there kids were pissed.

11 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Personally they waited too long to show what the show was about in my opinion. The last episode didn't even show what really needed too.
They spent waaaayyyy too much time on how they got their powers and not enough on why there kids were pissed.

That seems to be a recipe for failure, and I’m not sure why the showrunner decided to take that approach. Nobody has patience for an origin story anymore.

They should have taken the Netflix Daredevil approach. His origin isn’t well known like spider-man’s, but they chose sprinkle it in throughout the show instead of wasting valuable time spoon feeding it to audiences. 

37 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:
53 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

That seems to be a recipe for failure, and I’m not sure why the showrunner decided to take that approach. Nobody has patience for an origin story anymore.

They should have taken the Netflix Daredevil approach. His origin isn’t well known like spider-man’s, but they chose sprinkle it in throughout the show instead of wasting valuable time spoon feeding it to audiences. 

it's not the code! :sumo:

57 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:
1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Expand  

Expand  

it's not the code! :sumo:

200w.gif.d7080b4c65fe882593ee712184bdde4d.gif

57 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Is that Black Panther issue in your avy worth anything? There is a shop with 3 or 4 copies at cover price not too far away

Probably not too much. Maybe $10.00 I put it up there after Chadwick Boseman died because I thought it 
was very fitting. All take it down some day.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Nice House on the lake has been very well received.

Just grabbed the last copy of each A and B covers at an LCS today. Looking forward to reading this one, it looks interesting.