• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2021 at 11:48 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
On 8/9/2021 at 10:09 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Speaking of summer blues, that Venom 200 Stegman 1:100 can be had for less than $50 all day now… oof.

Wasn't someone saying they were a great buy at $100?

“No brainer”

On 8/10/2021 at 10:55 AM, sckao said:

I never even knew the True Believers edition existed...

What's funny is that a lot of board members here received free copies of Venom: LP #1 from me as freebies when they bought something from me at the various VCCs. (Spawn #1s too and Infinity Gauntlet #1s.)

These comics didn't used to be worth anything really and I also gave them away free to kids at conventions when I used to set up many years ago.

3F348E79-9940-4CE5-9BAC-3115E7969A7F.jpeg

they gained some gravity about 5 years ago when there was heat on the first Venom movie being made

On 8/10/2021 at 11:55 AM, sckao said:

I never even knew the True Believers edition existed...

What's funny is that a lot of board members here received free copies of Venom: LP #1 from me as freebies when they bought something from me at the various VCCs. (Spawn #1s too and Infinity Gauntlet #1s.)

These comics didn't used to be worth anything really and I also gave them away free to kids at conventions when I used to set up many years ago.

3F348E79-9940-4CE5-9BAC-3115E7969A7F.jpeg

This was a stay-away book for a long time.  The marginal story and high print run were the main culprits.

Patrick 

On 8/11/2021 at 11:56 AM, IbukiLord said:

Exiles #3 hitting multiple $50+ sales today and a 9.8 CGC cvr A sold for $525, $200 up from the last 9.8 sale. Seems the What If episode may have lit a fire.

I know that she is going to have an episode in next season, but I just can't see the momentum going for the character unless they have a big comic push.

On 8/11/2021 at 11:14 PM, Tnexus said:

I know that she is going to have an episode in next season, but I just can't see the momentum going for the character unless they have a big comic push.

If only they had some way to incorporate the multiverse into the MCU so these characters could interact with the mainstream...hm

The way I see it, everything is on the table and many things won't happen.

No big surprise that Batman Urban Legends 6 blew up overnight… cover A is selling between $30-$40.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 8/11/2021 at 10:11 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

No big surprise that Batman Urban Legends 6 blew up overnight… cover A is selling between $30-$40.

Sell them fast if you have them before the bubble bursts. Once the initial hype is done the prices will pull back. I am curious to see if it lasts more than a week.

Edited by kimik

On 8/11/2021 at 11:26 PM, kimik said:

Sell them fast if you have them before the bubble bursts. Once the initial hype is done the prices will pull back. I am curious to see if it lasts more than a week.

I only got one copy and it’s in a preorder, so I don’t have it yet, but as a Bat collector I’ll probably keep it anyway. Wish I had a couple to flip though!

On 8/12/2021 at 4:29 PM, kimik said:

Typical shilly action on eBay, I guess.

There is another game going more often now as well. I have had a few non-paying buyers over the past two months that suddenly pop up a similar listing to the one they did not pay for with me at a slightly lower BIN price. 

So they are just artificially increasing the price on a book they own to sell their copy. 

I can't imagine this works very much (probably more than I'd prefer to admit, though). If nothing else, the auctions that finish back at market look like deals?

On 8/13/2021 at 7:58 AM, PeterPark said:

So they are just artificially increasing the price on a book they own to sell their copy. 

I can't imagine this works very much (probably more than I'd prefer to admit, though). If nothing else, the auctions that finish back at market look like deals?

That appears to be what they are attempting. I am not certain how well it works. 

On 8/13/2021 at 9:58 AM, PeterPark said:

I had this happen a couple years ago on NM 86. I was selling a CGC 9.8 and had 3 people with burner accounts buy and not pay. Not only did this appear in the eBay sold listings but it also appeared on GPA. I assume their goal was to show that prices were rising and people were paying those prices, so their books would actually sell at a higher price than it had before they tried to manipulate the market.