• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2021 at 5:08 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Nocterra #1 - TV Deal inked today. 

I've asked this before, but which is the true 1st appearance: the Kickstarter Softcover (approx 5000 printed) or #1 released by Image?
I know I had the softcover in-hand before #1 hit the LCS, but don't see any graded yet.
Might be time to test the waters...

On 9/1/2021 at 9:24 PM, followtheleader said:

Thanks. 

Seems too early.  Series isn't very far along.

Feels somewhat a rip-off of Outcast. 

Patrick

They have options before the books even release in some cases. I haven’t read the series but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:15 PM, Corona smith said:

They have options before the books even release in some cases. I haven’t read the series but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. 

Yeah, it's my favourite storyline at the moment. I read #6 last night, which was the conclusion of the first arc and it was kickass. 

On 9/2/2021 at 5:20 PM, Arkham said:

Yeah, it's my favourite storyline at the moment. I read #6 last night, which was the conclusion of the first arc and it was kickass. 

Last issue really fleshed out the long future he has planned. 

I'm definitely not dogging the book, just hoping it gets a little more cerebral as it moves along. 

Patrick

Yeah - fair call! 

I really enjoyed it. I loved the art and most of the writing (the 're-asking' of the same question over and over as a story-telling technique got a little tired for me)

They also wrote a ... [spoiler warning]

Spoiler

...really interesting "moral compass" for Val in this issue...  They release the Shades to take out the bad guys, but in the process slaughter everyone else in the refuge... Are they all bad? There are children there... Does that matter? Val, Emory and Bailey sacrifice everyone and escape to the sounds of "Huuuuushhhh" as the Shades rip everyone around them to pieces. 

I liked the idea of a Shade convert retaining memory and intent after turning, with McCray brothers at the very end. 

Edited by Arkham

On 9/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, umyeahwhatevers said:

I've asked this before, but which is the true 1st appearance: the Kickstarter Softcover (approx 5000 printed) or #1 released by Image?
I know I had the softcover in-hand before #1 hit the LCS, but don't see any graded yet.
Might be time to test the waters...

For anyone else interested, I finally answered my own question as I unwrapped my softcovers in preparation to submit them to CGC.
Indicia in the Nocterra Kickstarter softcover states December 2020
Indicia in Nocterra #1 states March 2021
Recently Sold Previews Catalog with Nocterra is from January 2021
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144182660241?hash=item2191f4cc91:g:dbAAAOSwNUNhMQ87

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

On 9/5/2021 at 1:51 AM, Superga said:

FYI Call of Duty mobile are releasing a new legendary character skin next season based on the Batman of Laughs. Could poss have an impact of TT12....not sure if the genres cross over enough. That said there was some traction initially with that Fortnite crossover.

Oh… damn them. Here I was telling myself I would never spend a cent on skins. If it is in a crate, I am out. 

edit: PS. Thanks very much for sharing this!!

Edited by Arkham

On 9/4/2021 at 10:33 AM, umyeahwhatevers said:

For anyone else interested, I finally answered my own question as I unwrapped my softcovers in preparation to submit them to CGC.
Indicia in the Nocterra Kickstarter softcover states December 2020
Indicia in Nocterra #1 states March 2021
Recently Sold Previews Catalog with Nocterra is from January 2021
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144182660241?hash=item2191f4cc91:g:dbAAAOSwNUNhMQ87

Thanks for the heads up. I think I have a copy or two of that previews