• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

Some randoms I found digging in my own boxes. Didnt know I had these. Love finding stuff that I didnt know I had. The Marvel Boy #1 was LITERALLY being used as a backing board by another comic. I didn't buy that. I guess an LCS just used it as a backing board for the ASM book that was in the bag. Haha. Glad I saw it on the back when flipping through my books.

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

On 9/9/2021 at 2:26 PM, kevhtx said:

Some randoms I found digging in my own boxes. Didnt know I had these. Love finding stuff that I didnt know I had. The Marvel Boy #1 was LITERALLY being used as a backing board by another comic. I didn't buy that. I guess an LCS just used it as a backing board for the ASM book that was in the bag. Haha. Glad I saw it on the back when flipping through my books.

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

I've been speccing on Marvel Boy for a while.. they're making an all females Marvels movie.. going to need some males to balance it out... who else other than Marvel Boy? lol.

On 9/9/2021 at 5:33 PM, littledoom said:

I've been speccing on Marvel Boy for a while.. they're making an all females Marvels movie.. going to need some males to balance it out... who else other than Marvel Boy? lol.

Haha, yeah, they are definitely heavy on the female characters. They are definitely going to need more than Miles and dare I say it, some young whiteys too. I like the diverse representation for sure. 

On 9/9/2021 at 9:35 PM, Wolverinex said:

Invincible 1 . Amazon has renewed for 2 more seasons 

I'm curious if this will make enough of an impact to affect the future. I'm buying to hold, but once the story is told, will it dwindle or be revisited/ remembered?  No idea

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/9/2021 at 10:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm curious if this will make enough of an impact to affect the future. I'm buying to hold, but once the story is told, will it dwindle or be revisited/ remembered?  No idea

I think in total it would take Amazon 10 seasons to tell the full Arc so if Amazon does do that and this continues to be popular, the book will slowly rise. Now if it ever becomes live-action , that's the second time it would pop

On 9/9/2021 at 1:41 PM, Warlord said:

Y the Last Man #1 is getting more interest lately.  Also appears to be a modest uptick in all issues, but that's just moving them from dollar bin fodder to maybe $3-$10.  They might continue to pick up with the series premiering yet this month. 

Not that it has anything to do with the new YTLM streaming series, but the one that hasn't broken out that surprises me is #37, first DMZ.  It's been hotter in the past than of late.

2 thru 5 should be a good penny (I know, should doesn't mean much).

They were never easy to find.  Few were buying the book at that point, killer story, white covers, etc. 

I have a couple 2s and 5s but I'll sit on them until people wise up (no extra 3 or 4).

Patrick

On 9/9/2021 at 3:26 PM, kevhtx said:

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

That Astonishing Ant-Man always makes me happy. 

Bought Marvel Boy when it came out.  I like that mini.  Agreed, it's definitely worth hanging on to for a bit. 

And it's Morrison.

Patrick

On 9/9/2021 at 10:07 PM, littledoom said:

I feel like Marvel Zombies could be it's own animated series/show .. best What If episode so far

This series could be so amazing. 

General public would love it.  Come on, favorite super heroes as zombies.  

Patrick

On 9/9/2021 at 11:57 PM, followtheleader said:

That Astonishing Ant-Man always makes me happy. 

Bought Marvel Boy when it came out.  I like that mini.  Agreed, it's definitely worth hanging on to for a bit. 

And it's Morrison.

Patrick

Its funny because recently Ive admired that Ant Man cover as Ive become more and more of a Frison fan. Ive collected her WW covers for a long time now, but Ive almost pulled the trigger and paid current rates for the Ant Man cover. Glad I didnt and just dug through my boxes. I was shocked when I found it in there. Im sure it was an FOC cover purchase that I just forgot about. I never purchased Ant Man books. 

On 9/9/2021 at 4:26 PM, kevhtx said:

IMG_5205.jpg

Whoa, Marvel Boy #1 is $50+ now?! I thought when I was picking them up recently it was a long-term play.

Time to get scanning...

On 9/10/2021 at 12:30 PM, manetteska said:

Whoa, Marvel Boy #1 is $50+ now?! I thought when I was picking them up recently it was a long-term play.

Time to get scanning...

818801847_ScreenShot2021-09-10at4_31_24PM.thumb.png.7cc5ad865263e15a725dc78e517a6f5e.png

This Mile High order from a few years back is looking better and better. I submitted that "VeryGood" copy of Vengeance #1 with the 2 NearMints I ordered from them and they came back 9.4, 9.6, and 9.8.

I figured the shenanigans would start up quickly with the UF4 facsimile editions: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304135637104

This is buried in the middle of a long description on the listing: "The original is the most in demand modern key so do not miss out on this affordable chance to own a facsimile copy in great condition."

On 9/10/2021 at 4:40 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I figured the shenanigans would start up quickly with the UF4 facsimile editions: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304135637104

This is buried in the middle of a long description on the listing: "The original is the most in demand modern key so do not miss out on this affordable chance to own a facsimile copy in great condition."

The good ol’ scumbags of eBay. Pushing a facsimile as the real thing all while disclosing it’s not the actual thing in the description no one ever reads. 

On 9/10/2021 at 1:55 PM, Terry JSA said:

The good ol’ scumbags of eBay. Pushing a facsimile as the real thing all while disclosing it’s not the actual thing in the description no one ever reads. 

the FF 52 facsimile reprint from 2006 has been swindling buyers for years

Edited by littledoom