• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2022 at 2:09 PM, PeterPark said:

In 1999? Lots more

average % of a run being newsstands in 99/2000 was 5%, there where 27,920 copies ordered, that would be around 1400 copies, but newsstands had only around 50% sale though. the unsold copies being returned for destruction

On 2/20/2022 at 2:35 PM, williamblood said:

average % of a run being newsstands in 99/2000 was 5%, there where 27,920 copies ordered, that would be around 1400 copies, but newsstands had only around 50% sale though. the unsold copies being returned for destruction

Where is all of this coming from?

On 2/20/2022 at 3:08 PM, PeterPark said:

Where is all of this coming from?

order number is from comichron, the 5% for that year i got from an article, id have to try and find it. as for the 50% sale through that was pretty common info. honestly one could make an augment that a comic based on a kids show might have had a higher return rate. we will never have a solid number i just made an educated guess based on available information 

Edited by williamblood

On 2/20/2022 at 1:25 PM, williamblood said:

order number is from comichron, the 5% for that year i got from an article, id have to try and find it. as for the 50% sale through that was pretty common info. honestly one could make an augment that a comic based on a kids show might have had a higher return rate. we will never have a solid number i just made an educated guess based on available information 

Did you tell the guy you sold to thats the best you had, was a guess?

Going by the BS “guesstimates” provided by that newsstand article. The reason those in the know are laughing or doubting you is those numbers are BS. Pulled out of somebodies butthole. Also Comichron  used to track sales not print runs. Any numbers they now provide are guesses as well. The available information is lacking. 

https://rarecomics.wordpress.com/2015/11/08/comic-book-newsstand-editions-understanding-the-difference/

Edited by Corona smith

On 2/20/2022 at 1:07 PM, Corona smith said:

The Young Avengers set I got ended up being pretty nice. VF/NM or better. Another interesting thing (to me at least), was they must’ve had a subscription through Marvel as most had these for backing boards. The opposite side has the persons mailing address so I didn’t include a pic of the opposite side.

4D2E9533-0E3A-4685-A28F-6552825A19F5.jpeg

5CDE4973-1ADF-4A7F-9F33-2E6C8CA4DAEA.jpeg

Edited by littledoom

On 2/20/2022 at 1:35 PM, williamblood said:

Thats alot of subjectivity in that statement. 

On 2/20/2022 at 11:35 AM, williamblood said:

Paquito? Are you back? . . . . :roflmao:

On 2/20/2022 at 9:28 PM, Readcomix said:

In under 10 minutes. I have a friend looking for one; before I could call and ask if he’d like me to grab it, it was gone.

It evidently still has lots of room to grow. I had two 9.6s for sale for 960 each at the vcc… no interest… I imagine they would be popular at that price now.

On 2/22/2022 at 7:27 AM, Arkham said:

All this guesstimation makes me want to ask again - where do people find reliable print run numbers? I can’t ever find anything for books when I research. 

I think Comichron is the only available source but only counts Diamond Sales. Which they guess a lot because the numbers aren’t published anymore or very rarely.