• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2022 at 12:54 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I told myself I would not FOMO this book. Then I bought a copy for $29 and chastised myself for being dumb because I figured I bought at the peak and it would be back to a $15-20 book this week. Maybe I got lucky - guess I'll hold it for a while and see if it continues to rise.

Got mine at cover price, but I feel a little weepy about not thinking ahead and pre-ordering the 1:25.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:15 PM, Lpgk said:

He seemed to hype up Knull Hulk just fine. Someone told me to order the farm on Hulk 6, I told him he already appeared in Hulk 3 and that's probably the one to get. Not to mention he'll probably appear in some form in 4 and 5. Retailers will be well prepared for 6, doubt it has any spec value. 

Don't count on it. A lot of stores are missing out on books right now. January/February can be slower months as post-Christmas bills come due for customers so they order accordingly. 

On 2/3/2022 at 7:26 AM, ygogolak said:

I didn't see that. Was is carried by comic news sites?

There was a post I saw someplace where he commented about speculators. Maybe his Instagram account? I remember seeing it someplace. Then he hyped up Web of Venom Wraith.......

On 2/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, pkveronese said:

I keep wanting to buy into this Punisher new logo hype with the Timeless #1 2nd print cover, but I can't make myself do it.

So you want to buy it but don’t want to actually do it… in that case you’re better off not buying it.. why spend time doing stuff you don’t want ta

Someone incorrectly purchased this KB Toys reprint as the non-newsstand :facepalm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Spiderman-1-Marvel-Comic-Book-Newsstand-Variant-/254650838659?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

and it’s not even high grade with many cheap copies available on eBay 

On 2/10/2022 at 9:30 AM, Corona smith said:

As far as I know The new punisher logo is only for the storyline. It’s not a permanent change. 

Lots of stories and people talking about it. I haven't found anything that has said clearly one way or the other. I read this as it's permanent.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-new-punisher-series-revealed-jason-aaron/

On 2/10/2022 at 11:12 AM, littledoom said:

There’s already been so much Punisher content out there.. he’s too violent.. why’s it always gotta be guns.. knives, crossbow, etc 

The violence would fit perfectly in an R rated Marvel Zombies movie.

Yeah, never gonna happen, I know.

If this KCC list is correct, then Timeless #1 should see some nice spec hype as Marvel moves forward. I cannot comment either way as to whether this is all contained in it or not as I have a nice stack of them but have not read it. lol 

• One-shot featuring Kang and time-travel that sets up Marvel's event slate for 2022
  • 1st appearance of Anatoly Petrov
  • Debut of the Punisher's, warlord of The Hand emblem
  • 1st cameo team appearance of a new, young Avengers team
  • Mary Jane dons the Spider-Man mantle in the mainstream universe
  • 1st cameo appearance of the new Iron Fist

On 2/10/2022 at 7:30 AM, Corona smith said:

As far as I know The new punisher logo is only for the storyline. It’s not a permanent change. 

No, it looks like this is a shift by Marvel, due to the skull logo having been misappropriated.  There’s a reason the Punisher has been off the publishing slate for a couple years.

The new logo may not be permanent, but I don’t think the skull is coming back any time soon.

On 2/10/2022 at 7:42 PM, 500Club said:

No, it looks like this is a shift by Marvel, due to the skull logo having been misappropriated.  There’s a reason the Punisher has been off the publishing slate for a couple years.

The new logo may not be permanent, but I don’t think the skull is coming back any time soon.

Indeed. It's the emblem of suffering and shame, not afraid of it, but here we are, with more of the same old. Demanding something new, can be fun and enjoyable. The empathy and compassion can be overwhelming, indeed, it is something of a hope. That we can agree on, that the old paths never looked so good :)