• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 6:11 PM, fastballspecial said:

There are literally over a dozen of books right now that are selling well from
Marvel's announcement. Its good time to have inventory.

I checked and only recently picked up black panther 5 infinite crisis 5 and other spec, height of the market, and to top it off it was at a con lol

I tried today to see how off a cliff I fell, but Haha there just weren't sales to compare and none of mine were 9.8 yadda yadda. 

So can you answer if the spec is the same? Or different after announcements?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/28/2022 at 7:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I checked and only recently picked up black panther 5 infinite crisis 5 and other spec, height of the market, and to top it off it was at a con lol

I tried today to see how off a cliff I fell, but Haha there just weren't sales to compare and none of mine were 9.8 yadda yadda. 

More to the point, I wouldn't be selling anyway, just pick ups at the con that happened to be what everyone had already bought. Unfortunately, at my con it seemed most of the books available that I didn't own were the spec books mentioned above.

I can wait around to see the fall, but if someone had news to tell me I already messed up, it would prepare me for the future?

Cheers  :cheers:

Like I see everyone has moved from black panther #5 to a more modern #3.

Others that have cooled off for wherever that thread is hiding at, would be the other book I picked up, namely Starslayer #2 that I was never sure why it was hyped to begin with other than pastime 

On 7/28/2022 at 7:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

There are over a dozen in the last week. All those movies announced are moving books.
BP issues
Avengers
X-men
What If
Marvel Zombies
Secret Invastion
Secret Wars

On 7/28/2022 at 8:10 PM, fastballspecial said:

There are over a dozen in the last week. All those movies announced are moving books.
BP issues
Avengers
X-men
What If
Marvel Zombies
Secret Invastion
Secret Wars

Bless you for answering , I had a feeling I might have been rambling. 

I tend to enjoy the spec, but then hold onto it. Example I lucked into a nice copy of secret wars #1 for $40 total after slab cost that came back 9.6, but then I think if I sell I'll never replace.

Something about selling for profit, that the replacement cost isnt worth it in the future tmk, that I just hold. :(

I mean someone will be left holding the bag, but for some it was good enough cost regardless  :wishluck:

I doubt I should so easily just hold but sometimes feels that way, so thanks :)

I'll continue bin diving.  :headbang:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just depends what you are listing I guess. 

I am not listing much right now because I am doing a show soon, but
I sold Hercules 1
Thor 319 2 copies
I think 6 copies of Spec Spider-man Annual 4
and a George Perez Newsletter in last 3 weeks with very little listings.

Things are selling just not as much right now. Summer time

On 7/28/2022 at 10:28 PM, fastballspecial said:

Just depends what you are listing I guess. 

I am not listing much right now because I am doing a show soon, but
I sold Hercules 1
Thor 319 2 copies
I think 6 copies of Spec Spider-man Annual 4
and a George Perez Newsletter in last 3 weeks with very little listings.

Things are selling just not as much right now. Summer time

Summer is slow - this is ice cold unless you have a select few books.  It's so slow that I'd almost think ice cold isn't cold enough.

Ice cold doesn't even begin to describe my sales.:pullhair:

I have 2 sales in the last 5 weeks.  My store has almost 400 listings.  I plan on listing a copy of Spider-Verse 6, and a copy of Catwoman 44 1:25 Sozomaika tonight maybe.  The Catwoman book is a 9.8 so I am hesitating because I sell so many raw books that are grading worthy.  I just haven't sent books to CGC myself in many years.  I need to start as I have tons of gradeable inventory.  I'm getting tired of packing up $4-8 books one at a time.  I'm putting together sets to alleviate that as I process boxes and consolidate like runs/mini series together.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:29 AM, gradejunky said:

I have 2 sales in the last 5 weeks.  My store has almost 400 listings.  I plan on listing a copy of Spider-Verse 6, and a copy of Catwoman 44 1:25 Sozomaika tonight maybe.  The Catwoman book is a 9.8 so I am hesitating because I sell so many raw books that are grading worthy.  I just haven't sent books to CGC myself in many years.  I need to start as I have tons of gradeable inventory.  I'm getting tired of packing up $4-8 books one at a time.  I'm putting together sets to alleviate that as I process boxes and consolidate like runs/mini series together.

I'm selling things daily but no where near earlier in the year.  

Regarding the $4-$8 sales - I've starting not even bothering listing books unless I know I can get $15 or more.  The time to ship out a $5 book with fees just isn't worth it.  Instead, I've been doing $5 sales on Facebook groups and have been doing much better.  Basically, anything that would sell for $5-$12 on eBay gets blown out on FB or at yard sales in a $5 box.  

The few times I do list things for $5 is very old inventory that hasn't moved but still has slow sales in the $15 range.  I'll make those $5 starting auctions and whatever sells, sells.  I'd rather turn over inventory and get a smaller cash flow to make buying better books easier.  

On 7/29/2022 at 10:29 AM, gradejunky said:

I've got about 850 items up right now and I got use to shipping out 30 - 50 books a week and it's dropped to about 10 - 15 books a week.  I've not been posting up a ton of new books which does have an impact but with 850 books you would think there would be plenty of books in there.  I still get a handful of ultra low ball offers a day so there are people looking but all of them want nice books for dirt cheap.  I'm just going to sit back and see how things go this fall and adjust from there.  With all the stagnant inventory I'd think we will see more and more $5 blow out auctions in the near future.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:13 AM, Beastfeast said:

I'm selling things daily but no where near earlier in the year.  

Regarding the $4-$8 sales - I've starting not even bothering listing books unless I know I can get $15 or more.  The time to ship out a $5 book with fees just isn't worth it.  Instead, I've been doing $5 sales on Facebook groups and have been doing much better.  Basically, anything that would sell for $5-$12 on eBay gets blown out on FB or at yard sales in a $5 box.  

The few times I do list things for $5 is very old inventory that hasn't moved but still has slow sales in the $15 range.  I'll make those $5 starting auctions and whatever sells, sells.  I'd rather turn over inventory and get a smaller cash flow to make buying better books easier.  

I should look into another venue for cheaper books to sell as runs/lots etc.  I am just not much of a social media person.  I truthfully can't stand it though if selling through a group versus my own page I guess I might consider it.  What is a good group for selling on Facebook, and what are the requisites if any?

Since I’ve been buying and selling on eBay for nearly a century now I can honestly say it is a great time to be a buyer of mostly overpriced books.

On 7/28/2022 at 8:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

What you lack in clarity you more than make up for in enthusiasm!  In the long run I have a feeling you will make up for any losses with volume. 

On 7/29/2022 at 11:38 AM, gradejunky said:

I should look into another venue for cheaper books to sell as runs/lots etc.  I am just not much of a social media person.  I truthfully can't stand it though if selling through a group versus my own page I guess I might consider it.  What is a good group for selling on Facebook, and what are the requisites if any?

If you can block out the noise of malignant comic people, Comic Book Group has been the best for selling.  To spend the least amount of time for the best returns, I'm not even grading or scanning the books.  Just taking a picture with my phone of the front cover in the bag.  It goes against everything I usually do on eBay and here but buyers on FB don't seem to care as much.  

As far as requisites, they ask a few questions to join the group but approve pretty much everyone.  Only had 1 person not pay but it happens.  

On 7/29/2022 at 8:35 AM, 1Cool said:
On 7/29/2022 at 7:29 AM, gradejunky said:

I've got about 850 items up right now and I got use to shipping out 30 - 50 books a week and it's dropped to about 10 - 15 books a week.  I've not been posting up a ton of new books which does have an impact but with 850 books you would think there would be plenty of books in there.  I still get a handful of ultra low ball offers a day so there are people looking but all of them want nice books for dirt cheap.  I'm just going to sit back and see how things go this fall and adjust from there.  With all the stagnant inventory I'd think we will see more and more $5 blow out auctions in the near future.

I'm going on vacation for August - no listings at all after this week. :sumo: