• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2023 at 12:06 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Skybound has the Lego license as well. Turning into the toy universe. 

I don't know if the license would allow for that, since those are two different toy companies. Hasbro owns both G.I. Joe and Transformers. If Skybound could get the Power Rangers license, I could see that being incorporated. And for and giggles, lets try to wedge My Little Pony, Jem and the Holograms, and Peppa Pig in there too.

So a LCS owner finally tipped the Stool off re: Void Rivals 1. Too bad they did not wait until next week.

I am curious to see how the secondary market works on this one. It looks like the bulk of the supply is with retailers that were in the know, which was only 40 or so. 

Thank you to my LCS owner who said we should grab some at FOC if we trusted him. He did not say anything about the big secret even though he was on the call. 

Edited by kimik

On 6/9/2023 at 11:41 AM, kimik said:

So a LCS owner finally tipped the Stool off re: Void Rivals 1. Too bad they did not wait until next week.

I am curious to see how the secondary market works on this one. It looks like the bulk of the supply is with retailers that were in the know, which was only 40 or so. 

Thank you to my LCS owner who said we should grab some at FOC if we trusted him. He did not say anything about the big secret even though he was on the call. 

Huh? Never mind; went back and re-read stuff. How did a few set of retailers know?

Did anyone care the first several times GI Joe and Transformers shared a Universe or a comic book (secondary market-wise)?

Edited by manetteska

On 6/9/2023 at 1:28 PM, manetteska said:

Did anyone care the first several times GI Joe and Transformers shared a Universe or a comic book (secondary market-wise)?

Decent writing and above average art by Jae Lee on 20 year old universe x-over on this pulse pounding premiere issue will pull it out of the $1 bin, I hope. Below Marvel mini sold well circa 1987.

20230609_140804.jpg

Ultimate Comics All New Spiderman 5 

ugh, sold mine (below) in February..shoulda waited until the trailer came out...funny thing is, no other Miles Morales related issues have increased as far as I can tell

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 11.10.42 AM.png

On 6/16/2023 at 11:25 AM, Ed Hanes said:

Ultimate Comics All New Spiderman 5 

ugh, sold mine (below) in February..shoulda waited until the trailer came out...funny thing is, no other Miles Morales related issues have increased as far as I can tell

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 11.10.42 AM.png

ASM 10 1st Spider-Punk

On 6/9/2023 at 9:41 AM, kimik said:

re: Void Rivals 1.

I sure hope issue 2 of 'Void Rivals' shows GI Joe meeting Transformers, as I did not get that spec feeling while doing a quick flip thru issue 1.

On 6/17/2023 at 8:18 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I imagine that the real spec value will be in any upcoming issues that introduce new characters. 

That is what my file LCS owner mentioned. He was on the reveal call with Kirkman and has said expect new IP coming from the series. We will see how that pans out.

On 6/18/2023 at 12:50 AM, kimik said:

That is what my file LCS owner mentioned. He was on the reveal call with Kirkman and has said expect new IP coming from the series. We will see how that pans out.

Everyone ready for the inevitable Zombie GIJoe and Transformers? 

On 6/18/2023 at 8:41 PM, Corona smith said:

Everyone ready for the inevitable Zombie GIJoe and Transformers? 

I would feel more certain about that if it were Marvel with the license since they zombify everything sooner or later.

Prices are strong on the Void Rivals #1 1:100 to start off. I wonder how long this will hold? If Bleeding Cool is right that there are less than 1,000 copies then it may have some staying power than one week like most ration variants now.

Edited by kimik