• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,792 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2023 at 10:02 AM, kimik said:

Hmmm. Looks like Slott is planning to develop Spiderboy a bit further. I guess I should have done the larger pre-order. :censored:

Feel the same way. I’m not surprised that #7 with the first Spider-boy took off but it seems to keep the momentum it started with and is bleeding into another book. Will have a better opinion once I read #8. 

I like that they’re adding new heroes and villains the last few years. There was a period of time where new characters were few and far between. 

On 5/4/2023 at 7:21 AM, the authority said:

Spider-Man #8. Not sure if it’s because of his new powers or 2nd Spider-boy but it’s hot out of the gate. Bringing between $18-20 shipped. 

IMG_9876.jpeg

this cover is similar to a panel in TDKR where Superman is being struck by lightning

dkr_34-1.jpg?w=750

6Hexf.jpg

On 5/3/2023 at 2:11 PM, paperheart said:
On 5/3/2023 at 6:40 AM, PeterPark said:

Just too bad it was signed. I will never understand signing rare things.

makes them 'rarer' #bunkybrian

Just like the plastic does . . . :nyah:

On 5/2/2023 at 4:11 PM, RICKMCDONALD said:

So basically every Star Wars comic that comes out now (Main title, High Republic Adventures, Aphra, Bounty Hunters, etc) has a first appearance.  Are we supposed to think every single one of these first appearances is going to have staying power?

Nobody here said that. They sell so that's all that matters for Marvel because they have a giant fan base. They will likely have a long run of shows and movies as they start to spin-off from the main story.

On 5/3/2023 at 2:59 PM, Lazyboy said:

You can win by not wasting your money on :censored:! Especially Star Wars :censored:.

Don't worry. I'm sure your Star Trek comics will heat up any day now.

Edited by ygogolak

On 5/4/2023 at 4:53 PM, ygogolak said:

Don't worry. I'm sure your Star Trek comics will heat up any day now.

Awesome! I'll finally be able to sell... wait a minute, I don't have Star Trek comics. But Star Wars is still mediocre and way overrated.

On 5/4/2023 at 9:21 PM, Lazyboy said:

Star Wars is still mediocre and way overrated.

Rebels, Clone Wars, and Andor would like to have a word.

But, yes, there have been some stinkers.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 5/4/2023 at 10:21 AM, the authority said:

Spider-Man #8. Not sure if it’s because of his new powers or 2nd Spider-boy but it’s hot out of the gate. Bringing between $18-20 shipped. 

IMG_9876.jpeg

I wouldn't mind picking up a few copies. Has anyone read this, and could comment on the extent that Spider-Boy is involved...at all, a few panels, whole story, etc.?

On 5/4/2023 at 8:28 PM, Lightning55 said:

I wouldn't mind picking up a few copies. Has anyone read this, and could comment on the extent that Spider-Boy is involved...at all, a few panels, whole story, etc.?

Read it. Maybe 4 pages or so. Definitely part of the story and a little more insight into what he can do though there is a lot of story to tell imo

On 5/4/2023 at 7:21 AM, the authority said:

IMG_9876.jpeg

I freaked out seeing this because I recently cut down many of my pull lists and figured I missed the boat. Have been spending way too much money....anyway, this series was the only one I saved on midtown - phew!

On 5/4/2023 at 9:21 PM, Lazyboy said:

Awesome! I'll finally be able to sell... wait a minute, I don't have Star Trek comics. But Star Wars is still mediocre and way overrated.

Ah, the old, what I collect rules, what you collect drools.

On 5/11/2023 at 4:51 PM, Beastfeast said:

I’m about to pull half my eBay stuff and just send them to MCS. It’s been brutal this month. 

It’s buy or hold time depending on your situation. There are so many cheap books right now that it’s hard to get top dollar for anything. The bad thing is that not everyone can afford to just sit on their collection or add to it. Here’s hoping you can 👍

I can see the market changing through my bidding experiences. For the past year or so, I have been frustrated, usually having been the second highest bidder in auctions. For example, over the course of 20 ebay auctions, I would win maybe 2, come in second 15 times, and in 3 auctions get lost in the crowd. Now I am winning 2-3 times as many auctions, while still bidding conservatively. It's a good time to be a buyer (I hope).

On 5/11/2023 at 4:51 PM, Beastfeast said:

I’m about to pull half my eBay stuff and just send them to MCS. It’s been brutal this month. 

Summer season Many cons. U buy cheap u will be fine. Slab markets is really taking hits right now. Many raw books still selling well right now. Unless u need the cash stay the course or leave me less competition lol.