• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
69 69

63,919 posts in this topic

Fantastic cover! While the original Gen 1 Optimus was cool to get as a kid, the character on this cover was a much better toy IMHO. Omega Supreme was still my favourite of the bunch, though.

These FanExpo exclusives are seeing healthy sales a few days after the end of the show considering the set was available for $50 CAD.  I put a set up before I went to bed and when I waken up in the morning there were 11 watcher, 47 views and 2 PMs about purchasing them.  They eventually sold for asking in less than 12 hours.  Strike while the iron is hot on these.

image.thumb.png.6ed7f409e35f514defa2f35e6671d977.png

Edited by LudaToke

On 8/26/2024 at 5:41 PM, LudaToke said:

These FanExpo exclusives are seeing healthy sales a few days after the end of the show considering the set was available for $50 CAD.  I put a set up before I went to bed and when I waken up in the morning there were 11 watcher, 47 views and 2 PMs about purchasing them.  They eventually sold for asking in less than 12 hours.  Strike while the iron is hot on these.

I just sold another set of these in less than 12 hours after posting them and this was after increasing the price by $15.  I have a third set pending a sale via DMs.  My only regret is not purchasing 10 of these sets, I only have 1 left now.

On 8/27/2024 at 6:10 PM, kimik said:

Rogue + Artgerm = :dollars:

Ugh I really regret not buying stack of these now.  My third and final set sold instantly after posting it and I even increased the price by $15.

On 8/27/2024 at 7:49 PM, LudaToke said:

Ugh I really regret not buying stack of these now.  My third and final set sold instantly after posting it and I even increased the price by $15.

No worries. In the end you made a nice return. Roll the profits into the next play and keep building.

On 8/26/2024 at 5:41 PM, LudaToke said:

More butt covers.  At least I've got the ol' standby, Nightwing :nyah:

On 9/28/2024 at 3:54 PM, fastballspecial said:

My number one book this year. I think I have sold a dozen copies from $25 to $40 a copy.
I cant find anymore so I dont mind sharing. 

hedge1f.thumb.jpg.8a5edf3a71bc739175b8e3b4fb430963.jpg

Impressed about the side hustle. That the going rate for profit books?  As opposed to cost to grade?  And or on eBay?

I need to sell something at cost is why I ask. Bills. Dealers and eBay being options, but open to suggestions... ?

On 9/28/2024 at 4:01 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Impressed about the side hustle. That the going rate for profit books?  As opposed to cost to grade?  And or on eBay?

I need to sell something at cost is why I ask. Bills. Dealers and eBay being options, but open to suggestions... ?

I don't understand what you are asking? Those are what I either sold a book offline or online Ebay, Facebook, etc...
The price I sell it depends on the venue.

Cost varies every time I buy that book

On 9/28/2024 at 5:56 PM, fastballspecial said:
On 9/28/2024 at 4:01 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't understand what you are asking? Those are what I either sold a book offline or online Ebay, Facebook, etc...
The price I sell it depends on the venue.

Cost varies every time I buy that book

thats cool. I was just asking for cost basis analysis, to the fees that are costly in any venue, as I need to sell with a rate of return soon, and I'm not sure if your situation could compare to mine without specifics of my situation lol 

in short it is understandable why you didn't understand what I asked other than I was looking for a threshold for cost basis on "any platform" in order to compare for myself :shy: 

On 9/28/2024 at 6:04 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

thats cool. I was just asking for cost basis analysis, to the fees that are costly in any venue, as I need to sell with a rate of return soon, and I'm not sure if your situation could compare to mine without specifics of my situation lol 

in short it is understandable why you didn't understand what I asked other than I was looking for a threshold for cost basis on "any platform" in order to compare for myself :shy: 

Compare for myself which venue would be best for me....

I know yours was a raw, and at a $40 selling point, so that threshold minus fees etc. I was looking to sell for myself and in determining a venue I was asking to determine the avenue to offload. 

ie. If I sell to a dealer that is what 65% tops? if I sell on ebay? presumably about 86.75 %?

I can determine the rate of return myself, just curious of the best "avenues" and then would weigh my options :shy: @fastballspecial

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Spoiler

???

I guess I'm humbly asking what the markets and the percentages are within them lol , ahem to sell (slight edits past couple of posts sorry @fastballspecial ) I'm not as experienced in the selling avenues and etc. 

Sometimes I talk by the seat of my pants, it isn't the articulation or elequance that is in question, rather the experience and verbalizing a therein unknown.

Sometimes I want to ask for help but don't know the words to elaborate the understanding I'm looking for, as it is, the subject is over my head but with that comes stupid questions and humbling myself to seek advice :shy: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I guess it really is too broad a question to name "all percentages and avenues" so that I could determine a fmv for myself.

I can think of Half Price books, ebay, garage sale, antique store, LCS and other venues. So I guess it isn't fair of me to ask percentages and or new avenues, as the gap of context would be to great, with what I would then have myself available for sale. @fastballspecial

MY BAD.

Spoiler

Ya I see my miniscule problem was under a magnify glass in my head, I had to awake to the bigger picture.

Facebook and Instagram sound possible but with no followers, as I'm lazy on social media lol, for me it is likely what possible way would be best.

I just wouldn't offload to have someone help me out so to speak, good to have friends though, and Truly and Rightly I shouldn't have got behind on bills. It is still early enough on when due though that it doesn't have to be quick or an offload, but I'm grateful to you friend to see that I meant well ❤️‍🩹 🙏 

you had answered me well enough believe it or not, as you mentioned it being at a price you would sell it at depending on the venue. I took that as I need about $260 to pay the bill in 2 months, and that determines the venue needed with the time and patience to let go of a book. lol

As the punchline goes, we have the prerogative to make ends meet and knowing is half the battle lol Yo JOE!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/28/2024 at 2:35 PM, bellrules said:

This was put on my radar yesterday when I saw it pop up on Instagram. Mind blowing to me that the A cover sells for way more than the B cover. B cover looks nicer IMHO and should be tougher to find given that most shops order less of the B covers. 

IMG_5113.jpeg

IMG_5114.jpeg

I've sold the cover A for $25 Oct last year and cover B for $30 in 2021. I haven't seen them since. Red Hood: Outlaw #36 is one to lookout for. Similar values. Covers A & B can sell for around $30 each individually