• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,833 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2024 at 9:13 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, last time it was optioned and an ABC show stole the concept, so it was dead before it could really get off the ground. 

That's right! I'd forgotten all about that knock off show! So yeah, last time around, it never went into actual production. This time they've got the series order, so they're going to make it. Now, in this day and age of streaming, when Netflix can order a Grendel series, film it, and then shelve it unseen, and when HBO/Max can shoot movies that cost tens of millions of dollars and then use them as tax write-offs, ANYTHING is possible. But it seems like the show is coming this time.

On 5/14/2024 at 5:59 PM, troydivision1 said:

Presumed these books would be with me until the end due to the prior media situation.
Pragmatically, some of these will find new homes closer to release.
I'll probably part with some of the covers as well, but the cover to #1 will remain locked away...
https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Jenny+Frison&GCat=45320

IMG_1685.jpg

pMttQxov_0601191933531gpadd.jpg

Is that the original cover? Ive had all types of Revival 1s including the bookmark and stuff along that line I just had never seen this. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 8:33 PM, fastballspecial said:

Is that the original cover? Ive had all types of Revival 1s including the bookmark and stuff along that line I just had never seen this.

Yes, it is. I think I bought it like a week before the book dropped. Timeline is fuzzy.

edit:
Went after the covers since Mike Norton informed me there is no original art for the series since it was drawn digitally.

Edited by troydivision1

On 5/14/2024 at 9:25 PM, fastballspecial said:

I would have it up in the next few weeks then. Also didnt someone pay a fortune for a Revival 1 10.0?

They did. I remember all that drama from back when the Revival thread was active. Might have been $4k…?

I’m not really interested in selling the cover to #1, but I’d definitely sell some of the others cover art. I see the sketch variants are selling well on eBay right now…

Might list one of the dual signed copies and see what happens.

On 5/14/2024 at 6:59 PM, troydivision1 said:

Presumed these books would be with me until the end due to the prior media situation.
Pragmatically, some of these will find new homes closer to release.
I'll probably part with some of the original cover art as well, but the cover art to #1 will remain locked away...
https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Jenny+Frison&GCat=45320

IMG_1685.jpg

pMttQxov_0601191933531gpadd.jpg

There you are! I remembered that SOMEONE had a bunch of the cover art, but couldn't for the life of me remember who it was. That's awesome. I really enjoyed this series overall, but those covers really sealed the deal, just beautiful stuff. Do you have the cover to #6? That's the one I'd want, if I was able to choose one, but any of the main series covers would be a treat. (Not as much a fan of the Phantom variant "portrait" covers, but the main series covers are all terrific.)

On 5/15/2024 at 10:03 AM, troydivision1 said:

Yep. In total I own the covers to #1 - #6 plus the Larry’s variant cover to #1 which connects to the original #1 cover.

IMG_1686.jpeg

:golfclap:

Beauty, well done!

On 5/16/2024 at 1:38 PM, topcat54 said:

1st app Pia

What is a Pia? I have not read a Strange Academy book since the first few issues.

On 5/16/2024 at 1:41 PM, topcat54 said:

Skottie Young cover is the attraction. It seems like the market has shifted to Skottie being the hot cover artist this year. Sold a ton of his stuff so far this year while Artgerm and Campbell have cooled.

If you can find them for cheap, pick up early Barends Marvel covers. I am getting more requests for them at shows now.

On 5/14/2024 at 7:13 AM, F For Fake said:

That's right! I'd forgotten all about that knock off show! So yeah, last time around, it never went into actual production. This time they've got the series order, so they're going to make it. Now, in this day and age of streaming, when Netflix can order a Grendel series, film it, and then shelve it unseen, and when HBO/Max can shoot movies that cost tens of millions of dollars and then use them as tax write-offs, ANYTHING is possible. But it seems like the show is coming this time.

which actually came first?

image.thumb.png.5cb1a1bcecbb3c5c739875f7f81fc7b4.png

Posted (edited)

There are other Skottie Young covers that are popping as well. He is red hot right now. 

We just need Marvel to launch a Strange Academy movie or streaming series to see how hot he can get.

Edited by kimik

Posted (edited)

Invincible #1 (LCSD)

Invincible #1 (Larry's)

Wolverine #88 (Deluxe/Newsstand)

Transformers #1 2023 (Cover A)

Spider-Man #7 2023 (Cover A)

Slabs slowed a bit for a while but seeing some momentum again if you have any on pause.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE