• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

This thread has been crapped on by a cou0le of hack azzes. Where, oh where art my old thread? :facepalm:

I believe your new thread (which we all know will need to happen eventually) will be...

drum roll...

Moderns that are toasting up on ebay!

:wishluck:

I skipped six pages hoping this thing got back on topic. Uhm...let me see, is Morning Glories still hot enough?

Phew back on topic.

Morning Glories #1 is still kind of Hot it still sells for around $30 to $60!!

It's bound to get hotter. It has a relatively low print run. It has selling 10-20 times cover price and has only been out a year-ish.

I still love my NM+ I bought from you. :cloud9:

Edited by This is water

Futurama issues from 1 to around 25 are a gold mine right now. They sell much better then the Simpsons.

Most of the time you can buy them for nothing and they sell for

around $5-12 depending on issue and grade. I even found a couple of

newstand copies and I didnt even know Futurama had a newstand contract.

for instance I know a comic is "hot" I buy x amount of copies of said book. To resell on ebay then I come here and advertise how hot the book is. knowing that boardies on here are going to see and act on that advice. Not only to hype further book but to make a profit. all i say is this thread is a scam. people should make their own judgement calls on what they think is hot.

I would tread lightly if I were making such accusations.You are apologizing, yet you're saying right after that "this thread is a scam", therefore, insulting those that contribute to it. Some experienced boardies are quick to call such folk out who only come here to spam for their sales. It seems that your judgement is from lack of networking and history with good board memebers here. Making such accusations like that may not be a good way to start if you're seeking to learn speculation.

Get to know the place and the people before making rash comments. You may gain a good network. Then again, you might be in the wrong place. (shrug)

very true, maybe im not here to make friends but think about this, this thread alone has over 10500 hits what does that mean? seems to me that this is an advertisement. good hard working people are paying top dollar for this books to flip/make a profit. I only asked for sources of information to conform these claims of being "hot". rather then beating around the bush

It's got 10,500 posts because it's ten years old,not from people selling their wares.We would not allow that on this thread.there is however a forum sales thread that is specifically for selling. (shrug)

its not 10 years old first post was on 10/26/11 11:21 PM

O.K. on that note there are only 335 posts,and 10K views.That means alot of people are reading.What does the post count matter anyway? I'm just having a hard time trying to understand where your getting at? (shrug)

what im getting at is tons of people see this. 10000+ has looked as this thread and can be used as a marking tool. my original post ask a question about people making a profile from modern comics and where did they get there sources. i sorry if i sound confrontational but its mind boggling that people havent brought up this point

I really think your reading more into it than you need to.This is a for fun type of thread,you see a comic that is selling for more than sticker and you mention it.Nothing more!

maybe thats true for you but not all people have the same point of view. i just want to bring some issues to light.

Good luck with that! :wishluck:

i hope so. like i said oak i never meant to offend anyone just to give people a differentiate perspective, not to invest their life saving on what someone sees on here rather to do research yourself and invest on what you think is worthy. i hope you can understand that.

People on here know what to buy and what not buy,of course I can understand your point.I just think your making too big a deal out of nothing,everyone here knows what's what here.

points have to made to be heard. im fairly new on here, ive been trolling reading the threads for awhile and im sure there adding 100s of new users everyday. and i dont think "everyone" knows whats what. This is a major marketing tool if you realize it or dont and it can be abused.

I believe the word you are looking for is "lurking" not "trolling". There are some unscrupulous people (ahem - Larry) who do try to use this thread as a marketing tool, but most posters on this thread are just pointing out comics that they see that are selling for more than your average modern. Trust me, most of the time when the information hits this thread, its probably too late to act on any of the comics.

for instance I know a comic is "hot" I buy x amount of copies of said book. To resell on ebay then I come here and advertise how hot the book is. knowing that boardies on here are going to see and act on that advice. Not only to hype further book but to make a profit. all i say is this thread is a scam. people should make their own judgement calls on what they think is hot.

I would tread lightly if I were making such accusations.You are apologizing, yet you're saying right after that "this thread is a scam", therefore, insulting those that contribute to it. Some experienced boardies are quick to call such folk out who only come here to spam for their sales. It seems that your judgement is from lack of networking and history with good board memebers here. Making such accusations like that may not be a good way to start if you're seeking to learn speculation.

Get to know the place and the people before making rash comments. You may gain a good network. Then again, you might be in the wrong place. (shrug)

very true, maybe im not here to make friends but think about this, this thread alone has over 10500 hits what does that mean? seems to me that this is an advertisement. good hard working people are paying top dollar for this books to flip/make a profit. I only asked for sources of information to conform these claims of being "hot". rather then beating around the bush

It's got 10,500 posts because it's ten years old,not from people selling their wares.We would not allow that on this thread.there is however a forum sales thread that is specifically for selling. (shrug)

O.K. on that note there are only 335 posts,and 10K views.That means alot of people are reading.What does the post count matter anyway? I'm just having a hard time trying to understand where your getting at? (shrug)

what im getting at is tons of people see this. 10000+ has looked as this thread and can be used as a marking tool. my original post ask a question about people making a profile from modern comics and where did they get there sources. i sorry if i sound confrontational but its mind boggling that people havent brought up this point

I really think your reading more into it than you need to.This is a for fun type of thread,you see a comic that is selling for more than sticker and you mention it.Nothing more!

maybe thats true for you but not all people have the same point of view. i just want to bring some issues to light.

i hope so. like i said oak i never meant to offend anyone just to give people a differentiate perspective, not to invest their life saving on what someone sees on here rather to do research yourself and invest on what you think is worthy. i hope you can understand that.

People on here know what to buy and what not buy,of course I can understand your point.I just think your making too big a deal out of nothing,everyone here knows what's what here.

points have to made to be heard. im fairly new on here, ive been trolling reading the threads for awhile and im sure there adding 100s of new users everyday. and i dont think "everyone" knows whats what. This is a major marketing tool if you realize it or dont and it can be abused.

I believe the word you are looking for is "lurking" not "trolling". There are some unscrupulous people (ahem - Larry) who do try to use this thread as a marketing tool, but most posters on this thread are just pointing out comics that they see that are selling for more than your average modern. Trust me, most of the time when the information hits this thread, its probably too late to act on any of the comics.

X Force 1 is heating up ebay :gossip:

I skipped six pages hoping this thing got back on topic. Uhm...let me see, is Morning Glories still hot enough?

Phew back on topic.

It's bound to get hotter. It has a relatively low print run. It has selling 10-20 times cover price and has only been out a year-ish.

I kind of regret that I sold off all but 2 of my Morning Glories #1s because I think they'll only go up in Value. I should've kept at least 5 or 6 of them, but I guess if they would've went down I'd be regretting that I didn't sell all of them.

Phew back on topic.

I kind of regret that I sold off all but 2 of my Morning Glories #1s because I think they'll only go up in Value. I should've kept at least 5 or 6 of them, but I guess if they would've went down I'd be regretting that I didn't sell all of them.

Same with me and early Chew 1st prints.

X Force 1 is heating up ebay :gossip:

You right there are people on here who try to market their books to sell. Thats why it helps to use Ebay to justify the statements. I didnt beleive Branget a few months ago when he told me that, but after reading alot more threads I do now.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I just raided a Hasting's and pulled some TMNT #1's, Airboy #5, and some copies of Uncanny X-Force 2, 3, & 4...

TMNT 1 IDW, cover price 3.99, Global Conquest Edition

Airboy # 5 1.99

All Uncanny X-Force back issues .99 each.

Edited by comicalgems

someone might have already posted this, but Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 hot dang.

I remember seeing a few go for $600-700 buy now, about 5 months or so ago...now all the listed copies are $1200-$1500.

insane.

People must be shilling mad at the moment lol