• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

seems like a bunch of us are chasing for the same nickle, especially with the internet word moves lighting fast. What I want to know is how to get on the ground floor on something big, and is there any outlets for that. Anyone want to give away any of there secret sources? tips/tricks?

How about if I just cut you a check?

well isnt this tread about helping people finding what hot on ebay?

seems like a bunch of us are chasing for the same nickle, especially with the internet word moves lighting fast. What I want to know is how to get on the ground floor on something big, and is there any outlets for that. Anyone want to give away any of there secret sources? tips/tricks?

If I may, actually this thread is about "Moderns that are heating up on ebay". It's not about people giving "away any of their secret sources". Although, there are some boardies who are kind enough to share where they find stuff sometimes. If people have put in work to find their sources besides what's on feebay, then they would add not only competition to themselves on top of what's already out there, but they'd be cutting you a check as well, as previously stated.

Don't take the comments as insults. It seems more like playful hazing because of the content of your comments/questions. Anyway, keep reading. A lot of these guys are very knowledgeable and very wise when it comes to "hot" books, or even books in general. I wouldn't make nasty accusations just because your feathers got ruffled a little. 2c

Edited by FIREFLY

If I may, actually this thread is about "Moderns that are heating up on ebay". It's not about people giving "away any of their secret sources". Although, there are some boardies who are kind enough to share where they find stuff sometimes. If people have put in work to find their sources besides what's on feebay, then they would add not only competition to themselves on top of what's already out there, but they'd be cutting you a check as well, as previously stated.

Don't take the comments as insults. It seems more like playful hazing because of the content of your comments/questions. Anyway, keep reading. A lot of these guys are very knowledgeable and very wise when it comes to "hot" books, or even books in general. I wouldn't making nasty accusations just because your feathers got ruffled a little. 2c

well I didn't take it as insult rather then others motive, I apologized if i was blunt about about it, but this thread seems more like an ad then what its suppose to be. and I called out whos more likely to benefit from it.

for instance I know a comic is "hot" I buy x amount of copies of said book. To resell on ebay then I come here and advertise how hot the book is. knowing that boardies on here are going to see and act on that advice. Not only to hype further book but to make a profit. all i say is this thread is a scam. people should make their own judgement calls on what they think is hot.

Don't take the comments as insults. It seems more like playful hazing because of the content of your comments/questions. Anyway, keep reading. A lot of these guys are very knowledgeable and very wise when it comes to "hot" books, or even books in general. I wouldn't making nasty accusations just because your feathers got ruffled a little. 2c

well I didn't take it as insult rather then others motive, I apologized if i was blunt about about it, but this thread seems more like an ad then what its suppose to be. and I called out whos more likely to benefit from it.

Sir welcome to the boards. :applause: Now that the formalities are out of the way,can I give you a bit of advice? Don't come on here with guns blazing,there is a wealth of information here from people who have been collecting their whole lives that can help you.If your looking for the next big thing or hot book comics might not be for you,if your looking to talk to great people about comics then your in the right place.

Sir welcome to the boards. :applause: Now that the formalities are out of the way,can I give you a bit of advice? Don't come on here with guns blazing,there is a wealth of information here from people who have been collecting their whole lives that can help you.If your looking for the next big thing or hot book comics might not be for you,if your looking to talk to great people about comics then your in the right place.

i whole hardly agree im sure theres years of knowledge/information on here im just saying i think this thread is a scam. maybe i come off as bold but i hope others see things how i do and dont get wrapped up in the hype machine.

for instance I know a comic is "hot" I buy x amount of copies of said book. To resell on ebay then I come here and advertise how hot the book is. knowing that boardies on here are going to see and act on that advice. Not only to hype further book but to make a profit. all i say is this thread is a scam. people should make their own judgement calls on what they think is hot.

I would tread lightly if I were making such accusations.You are apologizing, yet you're saying right after that "this thread is a scam", therefore, insulting those that contribute to it. Some experienced boardies are quick to call such folk out who only come here to spam for their sales. It seems that your judgement is from lack of networking and history with good board memebers here. Making such accusations like that may not be a good way to start if you're seeking to learn speculation.

Get to know the place and the people before making rash comments. You may gain a good network. Then again, you might be in the wrong place. (shrug)

i whole hardly agree im sure theres years of knowledge/information on here im just saying i think this thread is a scam. maybe i come off as bold but i hope others see things how i do and dont get wrapped up in the hype machine.

I think the premise of this thread is to show what's becoming popular or getting attention on Ebay,not what people are personally selling.So I don't think this thread is a scam.What is your concern,why would you think scam?

I would tread lightly if I were making such accusations.You are apologizing, yet you're saying right after that "this thread is a scam", therefore, insulting those that contribute to it. Some experienced boardies are quick to call such folk out who only come here to spam for their sales. It seems that your judgement is from lack of networking and history with good board memebers here. Making such accusations like that may not be a good way to start if you're seeking to learn speculation.

Get to know the place and the people before making rash comments. You may gain a good network. Then again, you might be in the wrong place. (shrug)

very true, maybe im not here to make friends but think about this, this thread alone has over 10500 hits what does that mean? seems to me that this is an advertisement. good hard working people are paying top dollar for this books to flip/make a profit. I only asked for sources of information to conform these claims of being "hot". rather then beating around the bush

very true, maybe im not here to make friends but think about this, this thread alone has over 10500 hits what does that mean? seems to me that this is an advertisement. good hard working people are paying top dollar for this books to flip/make a profit. I only asked for sources of information to conform these claims of being "hot". rather then beating around the bush

It's got 10,500 posts because it's ten years old,not from people selling their wares.We would not allow that on this thread.there is however a forum sales thread that is specifically for selling. (shrug) Edited by oakman29

It's got 10,500 posts because it's ten years old,not from people selling their wares.We would not allow that on this thread.there is however a forum sales thread that is specifically for selling. (shrug)

its not 10 years old first post was on 10/26/11 11:21 PM

It's got 10,500 posts because it's ten years old,not from people selling their wares.We would not allow that on this thread.there is however a forum sales thread that is specifically for selling. (shrug)

O.K. on that note there are only 335 posts,and 10K views.That means alot of people are reading.What does the post count matter anyway? I'm just having a hard time trying to understand where your getting at? (shrug)

O.K. on that note there are only 335 posts,and 10K views.That means alot of people are reading.What does the post count matter anyway? I'm just having a hard time trying to understand where your getting at? (shrug)

what im getting at is tons of people see this. 10000+ has looked as this thread and can be used as a marking tool. my original post ask a question about people making a profit from modern comics and where did they get there sources. i sorry if i sound confrontational but its mind boggling that people havent brought up this point

Edited by bazzle

what im getting at is tons of people see this. 10000+ has looked as this thread and can be used as a marking tool. my original post ask a question about people making a profile from modern comics and where did they get there sources. i sorry if i sound confrontational but its mind boggling that people havent brought up this point

I really think your reading more into it than you need to.This is a for fun type of thread,you see a comic that is selling for more than sticker and you mention it.Nothing more!

what im getting at is tons of people see this. 10000+ has looked as this thread and can be used as a marking tool. my original post ask a question about people making a profile from modern comics and where did they get there sources. i sorry if i sound confrontational but its mind boggling that people havent brought up this point

I really think your reading more into it than you need to.This is a for fun type of thread,you see a comic that is selling for more than sticker and you mention it.Nothing more!

maybe thats true for you but not all people have the same point of view. i just want to bring some issues to light.

Edited by bazzle