• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

AAnnnnnddddddddddddd.....

Everyone needs to take a deep breath.

98% of new titles will be a bust.

of those 2% remaining,the flame will only flicker for a short period.

The long-term (in modern's over a year) successes you can count on 1 hand.

Its those you need to find,and the only way is to do a ton of reading and research...and have patience.

I would say,after the walking dea, only Revival and Bedlam MAY join TWD.

Saga,whist awesome,will soon be having a 50,000+ print run.

Issues other than #1's always end up being worth just over cover unless they are one of the above.

Jumping in with both feet and a full wallet will lead you to the path of poverty very quickly.

So before you rush out and spend $300 on Nowhere men #4 2nd print - inhale and think.

Some of the purchases on here are absurd - 2c

But definitely not a nine month comic selling for $500 slabbed!

You are going to have to dumb that down a bit for me mate please.

id be afraid to buy raws on eBay

It's a scary proposition. I've had some pi$$ed off moments. For new releases, I try to preorder or get some from a few different sources (if one has condition issues from a source, they almost always all have the same condition issue). Spreading orders around helps mitigate (big word) that somewhat.

AAnnnnnddddddddddddd.....

Everyone needs to take a deep breath.

98% of new titles will be a bust.

of those 2% remaining,the flame will only flicker for a short period.

The long-term (in modern's over a year) successes you can count on 1 hand.

Its those you need to find,and the only way is to do a ton of reading and research...and have patience.

I would say,after the walking dea, only Revival and Bedlam MAY join TWD.

Saga,whist awesome,will soon be having a 50,000+ print run.

Issues other than #1's always end up being worth just over cover unless they are one of the above.

Jumping in with both feet and a full wallet will lead you to the path of poverty very quickly.

So before you rush out and spend $300 on Nowhere men #4 2nd print - inhale and think.

Some of the purchases on here are absurd - 2c

It was in reference to PP.

But definitely not a nine month comic selling for $500 slabbed!

You are going to have to dumb that down a bit for me mate please.

Selling online is different than owning a shop.. They have more of a need to make sure issues make it to more than one person anyway.

Youre getting mad over something he has the right to reject you on.. At least you got one

But I agree first come first serve should be something every store follows

I could see your point if this was a new book that just came out today (or a week ago). But this book has been out for the better part of a year now, and those books sat unsold for quite some time.

If you want more than cover price, then put a price tag on it. If you have a "limit 1" policy, then post it. Anything else is dishonest and unacceptable.

For a few days I've had this listing sitting at $69.99ea and then down to $59.99ea for a few more days with no takers, maybe a couple of offers to sell outside of ebay for like $55ea but said no, then last night I took a crazy gamble and bumped up the pirce to $75ea and low & behold a Canadian bought both this morning. :banana::banana::banana:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261163085609?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

it's probably because you said they were in mint condition and you can't see the corners in the scan...nice they sold though.

Bullet to the Head is a good example of a comic that went movie and nothing happened to the price of the comics....Comics to movies don't really seem to carry much buzz in regards to increased sales.

Edited by krighton

Selling online is different than owning a shop.. They have more of a need to make sure issues make it to more than one person anyway.

Youre getting mad over something he has the right to reject you on.. At least you got one

I could see your point if this was a new book that just came out today (or a week ago). But this book has been out for the better part of a year now, and those books sat unsold for quite some time.

If you want more than cover price, then put a price tag on it. If you have a "limit 1" policy, then post it. Anything else is dishonest and unacceptable.

:golfclap:

Preach... :preach:

Now see my whole thing with this is if I can buy multiples with zero to no hassle then guess where I'm also going to be buying random single new issues from. For instance I bought Nowhere Men 3 at a shop yesterday had they not had two copies of that book then I wouldn't have bought the He-Man origin issue from them.

I totally agree with this. Let me share my similar story of an online incident I had this week. Directly after finding out that mind mgmt was going to be a movie I found a website that had a large amount of #1s for cover so I placed an order for 20 copies still leaving 7 in stock. About 2 hours later I get an email stating there is a limit of 2 for this item. When I placed my order there was no limit shown however after I had ordered they placed a limit and increased the price to $25 each. I argued back and forth for awhile but only got the 2 for cover. It just seems wrong that after placing my order they can change whatever they like. If that's the case why do they even have prices listed for their items?

I totally agree with this. Let me share my similar story of an online incident I had this week. Directly after finding out that mind mgmt was going to be a movie I found a website that had a large amount of #1s for cover so I placed an order for 20 copies still leaving 7 in stock. About 2 hours later I get an email stating there is a limit of 2 for this item. When I placed my order there was no limit shown however after I had ordered they placed a limit and increased the price to $25 each. I argued back and forth for awhile but only got the 2 for cover. It just seems wrong that after placing my order they can change whatever they like. If that's the case why do they even have prices listed for their items?

Sounds like something we dealt with a couple weeks ago. Wonder if it is the same retailer hm

Out them! I recently sold a boardie a book for $50 that i found out after the sale i could have gotten at least $500-$600 for. I shipped it knowing full well what kind of money i was leaving on the table. It's the right thing to do. I could have certainly used the extra $, but backing out because you can get more is slimy.

It was that Batman Heroes ashcan silver variant. Only a few have ever came up for sale. I think a prior one went for $500 on ebay and sold within a very short amount of time. I can't remember the boardie that got it at the moment. He never said anything after i shipped it to him. I posted about it after it sold so quickly at $50 and was informed by some guys on the boards of it's prior sales. I could have easily backed out. But again = slimy. I know how i would feel in his shoes, so i shipped it. (even though i will admit that i stared at it for a good 5 minutes before putting it in the package. I don't cry (i'm a man) but i felt sad feelings when it went in)

I'm pretty sure it's totally against the law to change the price at the register. And it only seems to happen at the great American LCS.

On another note, this is very similar to how some dealers at cons won't price ANYTHING, and then when you ask for a price they pull out their OPG or iPad to look it up. I will NEVER buy from anyone that does this. It is your responsibility to know the market, and to price your inventory. If you can't do that, then don't sell.

I'm pretty sure it's totally against the law to change the price at the register. And it only seems to happen at the great American LCS.

On another note, this is very similar to how some dealers at cons won't price ANYTHING, and then when you ask for a price they pull out their OPG or iPad to look it up. I will NEVER buy from anyone that does this. It is your responsibility to know the market, and to price your inventory. If you can't do that, then don't sell.

yup, there is a virtually unknown 1990s style website that sells back issues i know of. He has everything we drool about on there listed as cover.

Saga, PP, revival, etc.

But no way to purchase. Just two sentence. "contact me for purchases, we reserve the right to change the price". I'd rather leave it unsold then try and buy it and have him do what you are saying.

I have no problem with someone that has their prices on a separate document (after all, why make it easier for thieves to target a bigger dollar item). I don't like dealers that price nothing and then pull out a guide.

The ultimate is when a retailer does a google search and quotes you the highest ASKING price they find on the internet regardless of condition. I was quoted $700 recently for a raw Detective #1 rrp that was maybe a 7.0 at best. It took him almost 5 minutes to come up with that too. I couldn't not laugh. I just said, "wow. That's an expensive book." I thought, "wow, what is this mystical machine that he's using? Maybe one day i could learn to control this magical portal to crazytown and i won't have to ask what he wants for books".