• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I thought it could be serious. A noob with a stack of franklins could be dangerous. :baiting:

to himself

No. Not seriously. Look at the EoW forum and you'll understand. Half the talk is "500 copies" "1000 copies".

yeah but in the other thread people are serious about buying mass quantities which is why i took you serious for a moment. Been a lot of that going around lately.

Looks like people are buying up mini's in an instant this year as well lol

Im going to spend a couple stacks of my return on comics but I have no need to use that to invest in upcoming series..

I just want to buy some bad stuff for my collection!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not a preview- it's the entire issue, in full, with a different cover?

yes, i realize its a full preview, but its a FCBD of a book that was released, and given the title "Issue 1", so even with the full book, it was still a preview.

I think you have to look at desirability. Speculators and OCD collectors will want the book for it's FIRST in print status, but the majority of people will want the actual book itself, not a FCBD preview (even if its a full preview).

anyway, that's just my thoughts, the market will decide. But if i was making a play on it, I'd be after the 9.8s of number 1.

Major characters from this series appear first in the FCBD issue. It predates #1 and should make it the more valuable comic. If the FCBD issue were simply a 6 page preview of the series to come then we could argue but it's not.

Edited by MrWeen

just found 2 annihilation conquest number 6 looks like nm.

Trade 1?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-COMICS-ANNIHILATION-CONQUEST-6-1ST-APPEARANCE-GUARDIANS-GALAXY-2008-VF-/281061328772?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item41708f8784

Not my listing and it's only VF, but that's the first one I've seen listed.

Edit: Interesting to see the price.

I don't believe that this issue is their first appearance because the group has not yet named themselves as Guardians of the Galaxy.

It is only in Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 #1 that they decided to call themselves Guardians of the Galaxy. And also that group has a different cast of characters compared to the one in Annihilation Conquest.

Im pretty sure at the end of this issue they do mention them as the Guardians or mention them in the upcoming GOTG series preview. I will check and post later

I'm going to read it a little later too.

Any news on this?

I read it. Annihilation Conquest #6 is the first time all of the new GOTG are together. It is by the same artist and writer who did GOTG vol 2. There is a little passage at the end by the writer saying that this was the first time they were all together in one book and to look for the next volume coming shortly.

I would just check the long boxes in your LCS. I have checked two stores and found one NM copy for $4. And if it blows up, then it blows up.

It doesnt hurt that both Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest are just great reads. Quite possibly the best space epics in a very long time especially Annihilation. The villain in Conquest made it for that series and should get more attention soon with the Ultron war coming.

I completely agree. After the GOTG 2008 series was cancelled there can't be to many appearances of that group.

Major characters from this series appear first in the FCBD issue. It predates #1 and should make it the more valuable comic. If the FCBD issue were simply a 6 page preview of the series to come then we could argue but it's not.

The rest of the world disagrees, because thats not how its selling.

Get ready for the explosion:

ALLREADY $10+ on Amazon

Phone has been ringing like mad.

( most callers have NEVER been in a comic shop )

Get to the LCS early tomorrow.

Warned ya...

Mylo Xyloto #1

Writer: Coldplay,

Artist: Fuentes, Alejandro

Cover Artist: Shelest, Vladimir

Every album begins with the germ of an idea, every song tells a story, and now it is finally revealed that there is a secret other worldly narrative behind Coldplay's newest hit album and its enigmatic title: Mylo Xyloto. Three years ago, Coldplay teamed up with Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda, MORE, The Little Prince) to create Mylo's epic story that has gone on to inspire chart-toppers like "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall," "Paradise," "Princess of China," and "Hurts Like Heaven" - which has its own Mylo Xyloto comic-themed music video providing insight into the backstory of this new universe, and a glimpse of Mylo himself. Prepare to experience the world of Coldplay in a whole new way with this brand-new 6-issue miniseries!

1360680915529.jpg

It doesnt hurt that both Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest are just great reads. Quite possibly the best space epics in a very long time especially Annihilation. The villain in Conquest made it for that series and should get more attention soon with the Ultron war coming.

(thumbs u to this.

I think if Marvel plays their cards right and the GotG movie isnt a complete turd, then they have a real chance at parlaying thier whole space-based character portfolio into something really great.

Book like Nova, Quasar and others are always great stories and even though i never liked the Annihilus character, it was handled well in these series.

GotG i could take or leave (in this incarnation), but to me the "Heralds of Galactus" storylines were fantastic