• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

>>"it doesn't matter. If it has stress marks or not its still worth $3.50."<<<

Diamonds terms of sale are sale-able condition, Not grade-able.

I get in thousands of comics a week.

25%+ have stress marks.

New comics always have & always will.

That's also why 9.6 up sell for a premium.

Stress mark comics are indeed worth cover price.

Buy 1 terrible copy - put on ebay, sells for $10.

Thanks for the tip comic book store guy

Local comic store guy keeps trying to convince me that 1st prints are no better or more collectible than 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc......gets pissed off when I ask where all the 1st prints are! LMAO.

You can stuff your 2nd prints in a sack mister! (unless they are a desirable rare variant that is!)

25%+ have stress marks.

While this is all very true Larry, I'm confident that you know your customers and some want the best books possible and im sure you pull accordingly. You might have one customer that has two copies of everything on his pull list and you try to give him a NM+ or better copy and a " reader" with stress, because that is what he requests. And obviously you know this is good business.

Whatever is left over hits the shelves and are cover price books obviously, but im sure if you are well stocked you may give a little off for some damage? or am I off base here? Would you rather sell a $3.50 book for $3.25 or even $3.00, or let it hit your $ bins later? There should be some wiggle room. At least on well stocked books that are soon to be pulled from the shelve and put in a box.

I guess JL's situation was slightly different as it was a new # 1 book, however, in general I would assume you may have some room to work with people?

25%+ have stress marks.

While this is all very true Larry, I'm confident that you know your customers and some want the best books possible and im sure you pull accordingly. You might have one customer that has two copies of everything on his pull list and you try to give him a NM+ or better copy and a " reader" with stress, because that is what he requests. And obviously you know this is good business.

Whatever is left over hits the shelves and are cover price books obviously, but im sure if you are well stocked you may give a little off for some damage? or am I off base here? Would you rather sell a $3.50 book for $3.25 or even $3.00, or let it hit your $ bins later? There should be some wiggle room. At least on well stocked books that are soon to be pulled from the shelve and put in a box.

I guess JL's situation was slightly different as it was a new # 1 book, however, in general I would assume you may have some room to work with people?

All 5 of the books were in returnable condition. I was just upset he didn't care about the condition.

25%+ have stress marks.

All 5 of the books were in returnable condition. I was just upset he didn't care about the condition.

watching your Gif while listening to Johnny Appleseed by NOFX - Classic!

I'm confused, so you ended up buying one and sold it on ebay for $10?

Bingo. But he didn't care that the comics he sells are in such bad condition! :(:S

When did comic books become about reading?! Hipster scum!

Now that I fully understand, the above comment really makes you look like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

If you bought the copy anyway, and sold it for a profit (knowing that you were probably gonna make an easy flip), why did you feel it necessary to make that comment. You could have been more diplomatic, something along the lines of "hey these all have stress marks, can I get a slight discount?".

And to come on here to person_without_enough_empathy about this guy, after you bought it and sold it for a profit? Maybe all his copies came that way....

Glad the books were in too bad a shape for the LCS to sell but apparently just right for you JL.

lol that's amazing. have a go at the lcs for selling damaged books, then go and sell the same damaged books for 3 times cover.

Exactly. And then come here to person_without_enough_empathy about the guy. Ridiculous.

Glad the books were in too bad a shape for the LCS to sell but apparently just right for you JL.

lol that's amazing. have a go at the lcs for selling damaged books, then go and sell the same damaged books for 3 times cover.

Exactly. And then come here to person_without_enough_empathy about the guy. Ridiculous.

I complained about the damage and he proclaimed that comic books have no value.

That is my point.

The Rob Liefeld is back.

Guardian of the Galaxy #1 & #2 from 2008 - $46 & 11 bids.

NYX #3 in vf/nm - $41 & 3 bids.

Amazing Spider-Man #692 Expo Canadian Variant - $40+ & 2 bids.

Sixth Gun #1 - $22+ & 4 bids.

Revival #1 vf/nm - $19 & 3 bids.

Justice League #12 - $11 & 9 bids.

And many, many more Comics to Watch

thats gonna hurt