• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Just got an email from DCBS stating that orders for the B&W Quitely incentive cover of "Jupiter Rising" are being limited to one per customer, and if you'd ordered more than one, your order would be automatically reduced. I'd only ordered one, so it doesn't really bother me, but I found it interesting that they're already restricting orders. I've never received a notice like that before. I guess there's pretty heavy ordering activity?
They did the same thing last month with the Moore cover of Poison Elves#1

Also did the same with ASM 698 1/10 Variant. Didnt amount to much as book didnt take off.

Just got an email from DCBS stating that orders for the B&W Quitely incentive cover of "Jupiter Rising" are being limited to one per customer, and if you'd ordered more than one, your order would be automatically reduced. I'd only ordered one, so it doesn't really bother me, but I found it interesting that they're already restricting orders. I've never received a notice like that before. I guess there's pretty heavy ordering activity?

Also did the same with ASM 698 1/10 Variant. Didnt amount to much as book didnt take off.

Almost certain they did that with Peter Panz #9 also. I ordered mine from a different site, but believe I heard some people saying that happened to them from DCBS. Isn't this the purpose of the Pre-Order sites?

Almost certain they did that with Peter Panz #9 also. I ordered mine from a different site, but believe I heard some people saying that happened to them from DCBS. Isn't this the purpose of the Pre-Order sites?

What I heard was that the order was shorted by distributors. My friend in Los Angeles got shorted by 20%

What I heard was that the order was shorted by distributors. My friend in Los Angeles got shorted by 20%

what's your friend's store if you dont mind me asking?

You bring up a good question. Id like to know if someone can answer it. I guess Diamond gets first priority on a print run then everyone else like DCBS?

So if DCBS gets a shorted on a book or looks like they will they send out emails?

You bring up a good question. Id like to know if someone can answer it. I guess Diamond gets first priority on a print run then everyone else like DCBS?

So if DCBS gets a shorted on a book or looks like they will they send out emails?

I may be wrong but would imagine Diamond get everything & DCBS order through Diamond.

Whether they get better treatment than anyone else, who knows

I may be wrong but would imagine Diamond get everything & DCBS order through Diamond.

Whether they get better treatment than anyone else, who knows

Believe you are correct on that one. Diamond gets everything and distributes.

There's like 1 of those Helheim's on Ebay......and no listings of available at any of the regular stores....

What's the dealio? Why so coveted?

"oh man I just found this secret new title, I don't know If I should tell you about it because I am going to make so much money on it."

"what"

"its in last months previews"

"what"

"its going to be the next saga"

"what"

"its so good, I shouldnt tell you what it is"

It was that conversation about Helheim that made me decide its a stupid title.

There's like 1 of those Helheim's on Ebay......and no listings of available at any of the regular stores....

"oh man I just found this secret new title, I don't know If I should tell you about it because I am going to make so much money on it."

"what"

"what"

"what"

Stupid title for flipping or stupid title for reading because I'm pretty sure it will be a good book knowing Cullen Bunn.

"what"

"what"

"what"

Stupid title for flipping or stupid title for reading because I'm pretty sure it will be a good book knowing Cullen Bunn.

Flipping.

It reminds me of Great Pacific or the massive in the sense that there is a lot of hype.

But someone came into a store I work at and talked my ear off for like an hour about HelHeim. I don't think its going to be a good book for making money, but if you like Bunns work, I'm sure it's great.

Wow, I had no idea Helheim would ever be desirable. The copy I have, I was trying to sell at shows in the $2 bin and had it up on my VCC thread for $5, and no interest. A couple of weeks after VCC, I started to get flooded with pms. This explains those pms.

Should I hold on to it or sell it now? This is completely like found money, so I might sell now.

No, I won't sell it to somewhere here for tree fiddy (or something in that area).

Wow, I had no idea Helheim would ever be desirable. The copy I have, I was trying to sell at shows in the $2 bin and had it up on my VCC thread for $5, and no interest. A couple of weeks after VCC, I started to get flooded with pms. This explains those pms.

Should I hold on to it or sell it now? This is completely like found money, so I might sell now.

No, I won't sell it to somewhere here for tree fiddy (or something in that area).

wait til the week issue 1 comes out.