• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

by the way,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200890796657

just happened to wander by this scam on ebay the other day. Think it might be that guy that got busted trying to do mystery boxes on the forum.

The tiny google stolen picture of x-men 1 was the give away. I PM'd him before reporting it to ebay, and asked him for the certificate number :D, wondering what his excuse would be.

"already packaged everything" lol

wonder what camera he has that takes a picture at such low resolution that the original cant show the cert #...

Yeah theres also someone else who I cant help but say looks very scammy. There was an actual legit auction of 3 raw Peter Panzerfaust issue #1 that sold last week for $810....As you would imagine, the picture was pretty unique since the seller lined his 3 issues of #1 up and took the picture.

Theres a seller on eBay called stormmyst-comics selling "20 comic Grab Bags" for $20 each using this extremely unique picture from the legit Panzerfaust auction that sold last week. Im guessing hes using this picture to attract people into the listing. In the listing he says they are all pre-packaged and then goes to show many other pictures of Amazing Spiderman #1 etc etc. He has 10 "available" with 0 sold.

This guy already had 28 sales before the auction was relisted - = $1,400 + he currently has 18 sold right now - another $900 - jeez - Im surprised he only has 1 NEUTRAL! I'd think he would have more negatives

I don't know about obscure but I agree that is only a small appearance and her first full appearance is #7

This is her in issue #1 though

Harper-Row-Batman-1.jpg

OK, genius..

unnamed.

Better?

You're such a lovely fellow. I couldn't possibly understand how you have got such a bad name.

Edited by buddymagoo

I don't know about obscure but I agree that is only a small appearance and her first full appearance is #7

Harper-Row-Batman-1.jpg

OK, genius..

unnamed.

Better?

Your such a lovely fellow. I couldn't possibly understand how you have got such a bad name.

Board Trolls and jealousy. 2c

by the way,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200890796657

just happened to wander by this scam on ebay the other day. Think it might be that guy that got busted trying to do mystery boxes on the forum.

The tiny google stolen picture of x-men 1 was the give away. I PM'd him before reporting it to ebay, and asked him for the certificate number :D, wondering what his excuse would be.

"already packaged everything" lol

wonder what camera he has that takes a picture at such low resolution that the original cant show the cert #...

Yeah theres also someone else who I cant help but say looks very scammy. There was an actual legit auction of 3 raw Peter Panzerfaust issue #1 that sold last week for $810....As you would imagine, the picture was pretty unique since the seller lined his 3 issues of #1 up and took the picture.

Theres a seller on eBay called stormmyst-comics selling "20 comic Grab Bags" for $20 each using this extremely unique picture from the legit Panzerfaust auction that sold last week. Im guessing hes using this picture to attract people into the listing. In the listing he says they are all pre-packaged and then goes to show many other pictures of Amazing Spiderman #1 etc etc. He has 10 "available" with 0 sold.

This guy already had 28 sales before the auction was relisted - = $1,400 + he currently has 18 sold right now - another $900 - jeez - Im surprised he only has 1 NEUTRAL! I'd think he would have more negatives

I love how all the positive feedback is in regards to his shipping, as the buyers completely ignore they got taken by a snake oil salesman and the ONE negative review is actually the buyer complaining about the he got.

Harper-Row-Batman-1.jpg

OK, genius..

unnamed.

Better?

Your such a lovely fellow. I couldn't possibly understand how you have got such a bad name.

Because it couldn't possibly be his abrasive attitude, I was only trying to be helpful.

I'm going to disrupt this thread for a post.

Is it worth buying up all the Saga #9 I have been seeing stacks of and holding on to them for a month?

Saga #8 I have been selling quickly for $10+ and Saga #7 for more. Or have the print runs increased dramatically since the TPB?

I'm going to disrupt this thread for a post.

Is it worth buying up all the Saga #9 I have been seeing stacks of and holding on to them for a month?

Saga #8 I have been selling quickly for $10+ and Saga #7 for more. Or have the print runs increased dramatically since the TPB?

I think the print run is still 42k+ but Im sure someone has the exact number. Its a great cover and about $8 book on ebay right now.

saga 9 was up about 2-3K from 8, or about 9%ish of the print run. i think most dont view 8 as first gwen, though that knowledge is starting to spread. 8 was just on the edge of the mania, 9 was after it. I think everyone that was holding back pre-mania, was on board for 9, so there are far far less people looking for more copies than 8

Harper-Row-Batman-1.jpg

OK, genius..

unnamed.

Better?

Because it couldn't possibly be his abrasive attitude, I was only trying to be helpful.

Sure..

In a typical board troll arrogant, condescending fashion..

When I give it right back you guys all cry...

Buy Batman #1, if you feel it's the better buy..

I'll buy #7's..

saga 9 was up about 2-3K from 8, or about 9%ish of the print run. i think most dont view 8 as first gwen, though that knowledge is starting to spread. 8 was just on the edge of the mania, 9 was after it. I think everyone that was holding back pre-mania, was on board for 9, so there are far far less people looking for more copies than 8

what makes you say the bolded part?

Brian says in the letters section of Chapter Seven that there's going to be the introduction of a new character in the next issue.

I'll buy #7's..

I agree 7 is the real first, and the one that might get some pull for that fact. But, if we are talking about finding them for cover, #1 will always be worth more than 7. That being said, 1s wont be found cheap very many places, while 7s likely still can be.

Also for what its worth, I dont think ANY new 52 is a good long term investment... If you can buy 7s and sell them for a few bucks more than you bought them, give'r

what makes you say the bolded part?

Brian says in the letters section of Chapter Seven that there's going to be the introduction of a new character in the next issue.

I am not disputing the fact that it is, I am saying I think 99% of the people reading Saga arent viewing the book in terms of first appearances yet. They are just trying to get every issue of a hot book.

EDIT:

and to back that up, i search "Saga 1st gwen" on ebay and got one guy listing it that way. I have absolutely NO doubt that he is a poster or lurker here too.

Harper-Row-Batman-1.jpg

OK, genius..

unnamed.

Better?

Sure..

In a typical board troll arrogant, condescending fashion..

When I give it right back you guys all cry...

I'll buy #7's..

I'm not buying any, I was just trying to be helpful and I don't see how I was condescending at all in my first post (shrug)