• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

"First Appearence" is a red herring. If you are stocking up to speculate, then the more important question is which is going to be embraced by the market as the key book to have. The movie adaptation came first but it is a movie adaptation one shot. This may see some action but in the long term movie adaptations rarely ever become keys (with perhaps the exception of Star Wars 42 that Mr. Ween and I have discussed).

It seems to me that both 1 and 6 stand a good chance of seing some heat. BS 1 is the first appearence in continuity, however 6 is a much tougher book to find. I don't know if that is because people have been hoarding six more often but I run across quite a few 1's and very few 6's. It is also likely that if the shield show is a success that Marvel will incorporate it into the comics more regularly. Seeing Colson in comics more often would really help these books and cement them as key appearences.

If I found any of the three books in $ bins I would buy them, but 1 and 6 look like the best bet.

i agree there are likely less sixes, but i still think 1 is the one to own (i couldnt be bothered to dig around for a 6 to throw in the pic. 6 is a revelation of who it is, but 1 is the 1st appearance.

I think this will be an interesting weekend. With ECC kicking off, it's really the start of the heavy con season. All these books we've been talking about having so much momentum... Let's see if it's extended beyond these forums. I'll be interested to see the response Peter Panzerfaust, Nowhere Men, The Sixth Gun, etc get this weekend.

tough call. Saga #9 will (should) be the first issue that will not have additional printings. #8 is going for what it's going for because it is the first appearance of Gwen

I hope you are right that there are no more additional printings . My wallet needs a break.

it's looking likely. Revival #6 only had one printing, as did Saga #9

Sorry champ,

Revival #6 is the Snow-blower you found in the garbage that is nonworking on your front lawn. ( you meant to fix it up)

This is the snow-blower you found in the garbage that works. ( its STILL on your front lawn)

revival6.JPG

For every nonworking, there is one of these for every 18 snow-blowers.

Understand?

There's not 1 for 18 in NM though, I saw Forbidden Planet Londons stock earlier this week (actually had to pick 3 up off the floor where dropped off the shelf & left)

Still they are one of the biggest retailers in the world :P

You should check out the Cambridge store... nothing is bagged and it's a free for all on rows of shelves. No separation/dividers. Anything with a light / white cover looks dirty dirty dirty. A lot of the trades are damaged as well. It's a shame because I would shop there more when I am around that way to support it but I know I can get a better copy online.

"First Appearence" is a red herring. If you are stocking up to speculate, then the more important question is which is going to be embraced by the market as the key book to have. The movie adaptation came first but it is a movie adaptation one shot. This may see some action but in the long term movie adaptations rarely ever become keys (with perhaps the exception of Star Wars 42 that Mr. Ween and I have discussed).

It seems to me that both 1 and 6 stand a good chance of seing some heat. BS 1 is the first appearence in continuity, however 6 is a much tougher book to find. I don't know if that is because people have been hoarding six more often but I run across quite a few 1's and very few 6's. It is also likely that if the shield show is a success that Marvel will incorporate it into the comics more regularly. Seeing Colson in comics more often would really help these books and cement them as key appearences.

If I found any of the three books in $ bins I would buy them, but 1 and 6 look like the best bet.

This

I think this will be an interesting weekend. With ECC kicking off, it's really the start of the heavy con season. All these books we've been talking about having so much momentum... Let's see if it's extended beyond these forums. I'll be interested to see the response Peter Panzerfaust, Nowhere Men, The Sixth Gun, etc get this weekend.

I am very curious to see what books are in demand this convention season.

I am very curious to see what books are in demand this convention season.

moderns? Saga 1s and RRPs will be top dog

Chew, Walking Dead, PP, Revival, New 52, etc.

I meant NEW demand this year, i am sure chew and WD will remain the same. new 52 will be fading, and PP is a good call too, but Saga will be top dog.

I've noticed All New X-Men has been doing very well on the bay lately. Heard #6 is hard to find and 2nd prints for #6 are coming out

it's all relative, but interesting to not. #1s slabbed have done pretty good, it's shaping up to be the Uncanny X-Force of Marvel Now (in terms of heat)