• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

So I was thinking about making a grab bag of TWD to put on eBay. 5 comics each (all number between 50-99) and an 1 variant. The variants will most likely be #101 gost, #100 SDCC, Hastings Governorand #85 because that's all I can think of. I took the lowest eBay value of each and got the value of each grab bag to be around $100. Would it be fair to price these at $60?

I think grab bags are frowned upon. They may even be agains eBay rules. I could be wrong.

I don't think they are against the rules because I see them all the time. Unless eBay just can't keep up.

I just don't want to take the time to sell them separately, so I don't care about losing the extra money by doing a grab bag.

I'll let others weigh in. It might be one of those things that are against the rules, but eBay either doesn't have the capacity, or they let the community police itself. Whatever works though.

Edited by awakeintheashes

It all depends on price and timing. When do you expect your copies back from CGC?

I know of at least 10 copies (not all mine) that will be in hand by March 17th.

I have a feeling that onsite grading at MegaCon will bring a lot of modern slabs to market. (NWM, Sixth Gun, Mind MGMT, Saga, etc.)

I should have mine back within the next few days. Probably by the 15th. I'm just wondering also, if it will help that for each one of the books, I have a copy of #2, #3, and #4 to go along with it?

So I was thinking about making a grab bag of TWD to put on eBay. 5 comics each (all number between 50-99) and an 1 variant. The variants will most likely be #101 gost, #100 SDCC, Hastings Governorand #85 because that's all I can think of. I took the lowest eBay value of each and got the value of each grab bag to be around $100. Would it be fair to price these at $60?

Just sell them as a "lot".

+1 grab bags will turn away your legitimate buyers

Yes, this. Even if they are non sequential issues, Walking Dead stuff will sell as a lot, and you won't need to bother discounting them to 60% of their value. Unless you need to get rid of a huge number of duplicates, an itemized lot is the way to go.

Yes, this. Even if they are non sequential issues, Walking Dead stuff will sell as a lot, and you won't need to bother discounting them to 60% of their value. Unless you need to get rid of a huge number of duplicates, an itemized lot is the way to go.

I was going to make 3 grab bags because I had 3 copies of #75. I guess I'll just do a lot and list the other two in one BIN listing.

I think grab bags are frowned upon. They may even be agains eBay rules. I could be wrong.

I don't think they are against the rules because I see them all the time. Unless eBay just can't keep up.

I just don't want to take the time to sell them separately, so I don't care about losing the extra money by doing a grab bag.

I'll let others weigh in. It might be one of those things that are against the rules, but eBay either doesn't have the capacity, or they let the community police itself. Whatever works though.

"Mystery boxes" appear to be allowed by eBay rules. "You will get 12 Walking Dead comics for $100" seems to be OK.

"Cherry Pick" listings are against the rules. You cannot put up a list of 50 books and say the winner gets to pick 12.