• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Oh snap! That's a nice cover. The whole series is still doing amazingly well. The hasting variants are moving quickly, the regular issue is gone in seconds if BIN for $25 on eBay, the gamestop variant is still chugging along and now a variant I haven't seen! (thumbs u

at this price it has to be an actual hand drawn sketch right? In which case that auction could end up being a bargain... Check it. http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Star+Wars+%28Dark+Horse%29+Vo_1266302

Nope.

Looks like this

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/dark-horse-announces-star-wars-1-4-alex-ross-sketch-variant-covers

at this price it has to be an actual hand drawn sketch right? In which case that auction could end up being a bargain... Check it. http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Star+Wars+%28Dark+Horse%29+Vo_1266302

Nope.

Looks like this

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/dark-horse-announces-star-wars-1-4-alex-ross-sketch-variant-covers

Ah, good catch. (thumbs u

that's ridonkulous. So someone actually bought that midtown one for that price. I just assumed that it had to be a hand drawn one at their asking price.

Star Wars is something that is popular enough to have a whole other level of crazy when it comes to fans.

Awww gonads! My Thanos Hastings variants with Deadpool and the whoopee cushion order got cancelled. "Out of stock", meaning the ebay seller slept late and didn't get to the shop in time to get however many copies he presold or they put a limit on them and he was S.O.L., and so am I.

that's ridonkulous. So someone actually bought that midtown one for that price. I just assumed that it had to be a hand drawn one at their asking price.

lol if that was hand drawn at that price it would have been gone in seconds.

never heard of Proof....

That's because it was out on Image before Image was "hot".

That's not true at all.

Image wasn't through the roof like it is now, but Proof was part of a previous hot streak that included books like Morning Glories, 27, Skullkickers, and a few others.

Proof #1 was a $30+ book for a while.

Umm, Proof was out in 2007. Those other books you mentioned were 2010 books.

never heard of Proof....

That's not true at all.

Image wasn't through the roof like it is now, but Proof was part of a previous hot streak that included books like Morning Glories, 27, Skullkickers, and a few others.

I think he's talking about Proof Endangered.

Oh snap! That's a nice cover. The whole series is still doing amazingly well. The hasting variants are moving quickly, the regular issue is gone in seconds if BIN for $25 on eBay, the gamestop variant is still chugging along and now a variant I haven't seen! (thumbs u

Ummm...

On E-Bay, the new Star Wars series has really slowed down since the initial few weeks. The regular issue fetches about $10-$15 (definitely not $25) if it sells at all (most go unsold.) The Gamestop variant has sold as low as $12.50 this week, but most issues are definitely sub $50 now. And the Hasting variants are just sitting there at $10-15 and are not moving at all.

Not sure where you are seeing this other activity.

Star Wars is something that is popular enough to have a whole other level of crazy when it comes to fans.

For the issues that hit E-Bay first, yes. But, if more than a dozen of these show up, the prices and activity will drop, just like they did for the Star Wars #1 a few months ago.

The initial sellers are the ones who make the most on books like this.

Awww gonads! My Thanos Hastings variants with Deadpool and the whoopee cushion order got cancelled. "Out of stock", meaning the ebay seller slept late and didn't get to the shop in time to get however many copies he presold or they put a limit on them and he was S.O.L., and so am I.

I'm hopefully grabbing a couple of these today. PM me.

never heard of Proof....

That's not true at all.

You both are correct. PROOF came out earlier but was a dollar book for the 1st two years, and didn't heat up until later in the run. It was definitely in the 20's when it heated up to the $30 mark. Which would have put it time wise with the other books mentioned. (thumbs u

And PROOF was awesome. If you haven't read it, I recommended picking it up for a good read.

Hastings has a weird way of allocating their variants to the stores. When Deadpool was on the final issue of A vs X, I bought 24 from one store. That same store received 0 of the Uncanny Avengers variant I know no one else got them as I watched the employee cut the boxes for me. :devil:

Hastings has a weird way of allocating their variants to the stores. When Deadpool was on the final issue of A vs X, I bought 24 from one store. That same store received 0 of the Uncanny Avengers variant I know no one else got them as I watched the employee cut the boxes for me. :devil:

hm...we'll see. I'm heading there after work. I have a Hastings across the street from my apartment.